UK Games Day 2012

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

Just to find out if anyone will be attend Games Day UK 2012 this year? I will be going, enjoy attend since 2008 & really looking forward to next year.

Also for those who have not seen, look like Forge World will be pre-release the Heresy rule

Games Day UK

Sunday 23rd September will see thousands of you descend on the NEC in Birmingham for Games Day UK. Games Day is first and foremost a celebration of the Games Workshop hobby and a chance to meet, and chat to, the famous faces of the Design Studio, Black Library and Forge World. Licensed partners such as Fantasy Flight Games and THQ also join us at Games Day to showcase their fantastic games and products.

Each year’s show also features a multitude of amazing participation games that you can dive into and take part in, from quick skirmishes to vast battles, as well as a massive sales area. It’s here that Games Day attendees will be able to get hold of pre-release copies of The Horus Heresy Book I: Betrayal for the very first time.

I will be pre-order mine & pick it up on the day hopeful so I can avoid any lines & just make sure I got my copy before they are gone

IP

I'll be there most likely battering my way to the front of the fw sales stand for whatever resin crack they decide to announce the friday before the event (after reservations are finished as per usual) and harrassing their sculptors about fire angel crap.

also woo at lorin alpha being on that map and all near the middle and stuff! :HQ:

How do you go about doing reservations of the new FW book. I dont want stock to run out on the day but cant see anywhere on FW site for reservation orders.......

Also, anyone know how many of the gamesday mini that each customer is limited to?

I can't wait to go, it should be a brilliant day especially considering what will be on order from Forge World.

Hopefully they learnt from last year's mistake in terms of having the sales area in one cramped location and a huge line to get in. I think I was lucky that day in the fact the sales stands were my first stop.

How do you go about doing reservations of the new FW book. I dont want stock to run out on the day but cant see anywhere on FW site for reservation orders.......

Also, anyone know how many of the gamesday mini that each customer is limited to?

To place order just phone up forge world with the item you would like & you pay on Games Day. You can also add onto this order & they'll also email out a code for you to hand over to the order point. Or this was how it was back in 2010.

Unsure if the Heresy book will be allowed to be order. Just a friend commented they where unable to place a order for the WFB book they done last year. Yet back in 2010 I was ok place a order for the Armour 9 - First Badab Wars.

I would like to place a order so I don't miss out & also don't want to be crush by smelly people.

IP

Thanks insane psychopath - I rang FW and was told the following. You can order things to collect on the day via phone, including multiples of the FW event mini, however on the day people are limited to one each unless there is surplus by the end of the day.

For any one else thinking about reserving the new Heresy IA book i was informed by the nice man at FW that you cannot reserve models and books that will be released on gamesday, and they are limited to one per customer to try and preserve stock on the day.

Not sure about the GW gamesday mini as i have not rung GW, but i suspect that too will be one each unless there are surplus mini's left at the end of the day.

Cheers,

Thanks insane psychopath - I rang FW and was told the following. You can order things to collect on the day via phone, including multiples of the FW event mini, however on the day people are limited to one each unless there is surplus by the end of the day.

For any one else thinking about reserving the new Heresy IA book i was informed by the nice man at FW that you cannot reserve models and books that will be released on gamesday, and they are limited to one per customer to try and preserve stock on the day.

Not sure about the GW gamesday mini as i have not rung GW, but i suspect that too will be one each unless there are surplus mini's left at the end of the day.

Cheers,

That has please me with the Heresy book. Just rememeber Games Day 2008 where people bought 20x copy of the Codex Space Marines to sell on ebay which left a lot of people unhappy. For me I'd really like to get a copy of the Heresy book not only because it cool, but I have a 8 hour bus trip & then going from my local GW back to my house, so somthing to read on the way back home.

In the past I think you where allow to pick up multi of the Games Day model. But same time this is the first time we had a Finecast Games Day model & by mail order most finecast model are five per person for any mail order.

However the Games Day FW event only model was one per customer when I was pick up the Space Marine captain last year.

AngelsAbsolute Posted Today, 10:57 AM

So What's this Forgeworld event mini?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/Imperial_Enforcer.html

IP

Can someone going to this event find out if Codex Space Marines is on the way, and as much Ultramarines information as possible, please?

I suspect that Codex Chaos Marines may be announced for pre-order at Games Day this year as WD comes out that weekend too. Possibly even codex DA to tie in with the new starter set and the fact that it is the 25th anniversary of 40K GW may have something up there sleeves, but I highly doubt you will see a new C:SM any time soon. Not before 2014 if the rumours boards are to be believed, don't forget they have already released a digi version which has been revised for 6th Ed.

I'll be going, I'm going on the coach this year which I haven't done so for ages for a change.

Depending on what fw release I'll try get a heresy book but I won't stand in the queue for three hours to wait to get one and miss everything else that's going on like i did in 2010. I'll put a reservation order in as usual for normal non pre release stuff just so I don't go home empty handed.

All in all I'm really looking forward to it, forge world design studio is a always must do for me regardless of what they are releasing at games day, but with the pending release of the heresy stuff I'm very excited about it.

Anyone see the Ultramarines chapter that GW store having been painting up. If not check out the Warhammer World facebook page, it look cool.

Also my Iron Warriors will be down for Armies on Parade. There was a lot of great entry that my local GW store, a lot of great work went into everone display boards & there armies. Really like the Armies on Parade, last year was great & it will be good to see what people bring this year from each store.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Armies%20on%20Parade%202012/DSC05542.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Armies%20on%20Parade%202012/DSC05541.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Armies%20on%20Parade%202012/DSC05543.jpg

IP

• 2 weeks later...
What gets my shorts in a knot is the the HH book will likely be limited in production aka anyone that doesn't go has a snowballs chance in hell of getting one. I understand the economics of making only X copies of their books, but for those of us who truly enjoy just reading the fluff/looking at the artwork it is quite aggravating when said limited edition shows up later on ebay used or not for Xmeellion dollars. I've been in the hobby since 2nd ed. Yet I have only begun to read alot of the HH books and the black library releases. I have fumed many an evening locating a book that adds more to a story (pre/post) only to find out it was only sold at Y event. And now I can either sit here and pray to the Chaos gods for a copy or become a millionaire.

What gets my shorts in a knot is the the HH book will likely be limited in production aka anyone that doesn't go has a snowballs chance in hell of getting one. I understand the economics of making only X copies of their books, but for those of us who truly enjoy just reading the fluff/looking at the artwork it is quite aggravating when said limited edition shows up later on ebay used or not for Xmeellion dollars. I've been in the hobby since 2nd ed. Yet I have only begun to read alot of the HH books and the black library releases. I have fumed many an evening locating a book that adds more to a story (pre/post) only to find out it was only sold at Y event. And now I can either sit here and pray to the Chaos gods for a copy or become a millionaire.

It will be available on the site after Games Day, fear not ;)

Going to this for the first time Sunday with my good friend Al and will be glad to meet up with anyone to discuss armies or tactics or anything else, chance are you will find us queing for forge world. Hope to see some of you there. I should be easy to spot as will be wearing a marvel comics t-shirt so please come and say hi.

Archived