A Tale of Twenty Writers

Pavement Artist

Anyone fancy doing a collaboration? :woot:

Yeah I would be up for it, but is it a HH collaberation we are talking about?

Yup. I'm thinking it'll be along the lines of two different perspectives of the same events, whether it's a battle, something else or whatever. :)

(Would be good to see Imperial Fists square up with the World Eaters.)

Anyone fancy doing a collaboration? :woot:

Yeah I would be up for it, but is it a HH collaberation we are talking about?

Yup. I'm thinking it'll be along the lines of two different perspectives of the same events, whether it's a battle, something else or whatever. :)

Like the Isstavan betrayal that would be an epic start, maby we can get more people to do it, you make the thread and I will sign up :P

@ Dark Apostle Thirst: You do realise my Ultramarines might be smashing up Word Bearers in a novel!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Sergeant Anicetus stumbled back, his chestplate deformed from the VIII Legionaire's powered Tetsubo. Furious, he gripped his Spatha tighter, swiping at the midnight shade before him, in hopes of taking the filth's head from his shoulders. The Night Lord danced back, it's black sackcloth cloak swirling behind him, and blocked the polished blade with the gore-stained club in a magniesium flash of connecting power fields. Reasserting his footing, Anicetus raised his blade in a guard. The Night Lord simply stepped back and straightened his spine, standing tall before the cobalt and gold warrior. The pounding rain hammered against their plate, cascading off the ceramite, pooling in the gouges and dents they had left in each other's armour.

"Your father will face justice for his crimes, son of Nostramo," Anicetus called out over the vicious storm, his voice strong and proud. "And your Legion will be wiped from existence; starting tonight, with you. In Guilliman's name, Courage and Hon-"

Anicetus didn't even see the bastard move, such was his speed. Cut off mid-sentence, the Nostroman's maul slammed into the side of his Praetor pattern helm, deforming the plate and shattering his jaw and cheekbone, causing the Macragge-born warrior to gag on blood and teeth. Before he could raise his Spatha again, the Night Lord was upon him, raining blow after blow on his head, neck, and shoulders. It between strikes and the ringing in his ears, he could hear the Night Lord screaming at him.

"JUST." Hit, Right side of the neck. Something tore painfully, and lightning pain shot down his spine, as his collar guard crumpled.

"SHUT." Hit, left shoulder. Anicetus felt his collarbone and shoulder give way.

"THE HELL." Right eye socket. Fresh blood poured from the gaping hole in his helm, shocking as the wet cold air struck the nerve-raw wound.

"UP." Left temple. Anicetus's head whipped around hard, his body following as he spun to the ground. Distantly, he felt his Spatha leave his fingers, landing in the thick mud.

His one remaining optic was hazed with rain without and blood within the helm, juttering static showing a shot by shot slideshow of death stalking towards him through the dark rain. Anicetus weakly tried to free his broken skull from the confining helm with his one good hand, but the ceramite was too far deformed, the locking seals fused from the incredible pressure of the Night Lord's club. Step by step, the VIII Legion murderer approached the prone Ultramarine. Static, closer, static, closer, static, standing astride Anicetus's ravaged form, static, the long tetsubo held high over the Night Lord's head as the moonlight broke through the storm, casting his executioner in black profile, the red eyes and lightning-wreathed club the only light upon his dark form. A crackling hiss could be heard as the midnight clad nightmare activated his vox-caster.

"To hell with your courage, and your concept of honour, cousin. Die forgotten."

Static, the tetsubo describing an arc through the rain towards his head.

Static.

Nothingness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ball's in your court, Idaho.

:woot:

Like the Isstavan betrayal that would be an epic start, maby we can get more people to do it, you make the thread and I will sign up :)

Erm, I'm not sure I explained myself properly. I mean as a part of this effort, not as something seperate. As one of the Twenty Writers. So, in the thread kraine will put up, we both post up our respective stories but it'd be a collaboration. :woot:

Like the Isstavan betrayal that would be an epic start, maby we can get more people to do it, you make the thread and I will sign up :)

Erm, I'm not sure I explained myself properly. I mean as a part of this effort, not as something seperate. As one of the Twenty Writers. So, in the thread kraine will put up, we both post up our respective stories but it'd be a collaboration. :woot:

Well that sounds good too, but how?

Well that sounds good too, but how?

Well, essentially, it'd be via PM. So, I wrangle up some ideas for my story, you do the same with yours and we have a chat to see what's compatible. Then we flesh out what we got, after modifying what we have to match each version up, and then send them to each other for proof reading/trouble shooting. We'll then polish up what we got, do a final proof read of each and then post them up. Whatcha think?

I'm willing to collaborate with someone (or more) I'm having to use my smegging phone at the moment. *tut* but hopefully my computer's machine spirit will stop playing silly buggers tomorrow and I can reply properly. I'll researching more of Isstvan etc to see what I can come up with without getting mixed up in major events....

Why do I get the feeling the Ultramarines will be in for a hard time in a number of stories...?

The XIII might pick up the gauntlet when I get home, though it's likely independent to the final product. I haven't made up my mind yet on who will be featured in the Ultramarines tale yet.

Why do I get the feeling the Ultramarines will be in for a hard time in a number of stories...?

The XIII might pick up the gauntlet when I get home, though it's likely independent to the final product. I haven't made up my mind yet on who will be featured in the Ultramarines tale yet.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but love and respect for the Ultramarines; It's not like they're gonna get rolled over or anything. Matter of fact, I'd safely say that they'll be taking their pound of flesh for every loss taken.

I just chose the XIII Legion because they make a hell of a lot more logical choice of a foe in the Eastern Fringes. Seriously, why in the hell are the I Legion at the Fringes anyway? You'd think so close to Ultramar, the XIII would have it on lockdown, y'know?

Whatever. Nerdrant over. Don't worry Idaho, I promise to do Guilliman's sons justice. Just wanted to see if you'd be interested in some overlap, is all.

I was thinking of doing a tie in tale based on my current WIP White Scars army, so this means it will be Pre-Heresy, or perhaps Post Istvaan, but before word reached the Chondax system. This means that my 23rd Brotherhood will be battling the Orks, if that's alright with everyone. Related to this, does anyone know the rough galactic position of the Chondax system? I'm assuming that since the Space Wolves looked to link up with the White Scars after the burning of Prospero, that it would be roughly in the same region (Segmentum Ultima; which is that same region as Chogris), but that is just supposition.

And Captain Idaho, the reason that the XIII take the beatings is that they can take it, and there representation in 40k more than makes up for a few hard times during the Heresy :(.

Don't worry, I was only playing. If anything, the Ultramarines STILL have too many Marines for the successors to marry up, so they need culling anyway! :D

I might be interested in a little overlap, though the problem is of course I can't even start mine properly until after my presentation is complete, so I wouldn't want to hold anyone up.

I do have a bit of inspiration now, thanks to you 1000heathens, even if very loose. I'll PM you when I get home.

Related to this, does anyone know the rough galactic position of the Chondax system? I'm assuming that since the Space Wolves looked to link up with the White Scars after the burning of Prospero, that it would be roughly in the same region (Segmentum Ultima; which is that same region as Chogris), but that is just supposition.

Judging by this map (although I wouldn't advocate it as a concrete source), it's within spitting distance of Prospero, in the Segmentum Solar. Make of it what you will, brother.

I hate to be a pain, but would it be okay for me to do Salamanders? I've actually had an idea of what to write and it would fit in with my bkog for the first tale of 20 gamers. Would love to do Thousand sons, but as their chronology regarding the burning of Prospero and the Isstvann masacres and the rest of the heresy is hazy, I am a bit intimidated to try it. May be up to work with someone to alternate the salamanders and Thousand sons between us, ie one month I do Salamanders, and whoever I am working with does the Thousand sons, next month we swap, continue to do so each month.

Jethro Uliad, captain of the Salamanders Thirteenth company, jolted upright on dark metal slab he was on, gasping for breath. Glancing around, he recognised Vak’nir’s Apothicarium aboard the Rhaenys, why was he here? What had happened? Last he remembered was preparing for the combat drop on Isstvaan, against the traitor Horus. Had he been wounded earlier, and the whole of Horus’s supposed treachery but a nightmare as he healed?

“My lord, Your awake, I’ll fetch Ga’vak immediately.” Jethro turned, seeing the chapter serf in the legion colours who had just spoken leave as quickly as she had made herself known. Looking around, he noticed that the apothacarium was full, with stretchers being laid out across the floor, making the normally spacious domain of the Apothecary’s seem cramped. He had never seen it like this, what had happ-

“Fall back to the landers, their holding out against the traitors, but won’t last long.” Hearing the primarch’s words across the vox, Jethro ordered his own men.

“You heard the Primarch, fall back to the drop ships, plan Theta- Ragnorak.” Firing his plasma pistol at a World bearer atop a slight rock outcropping, covered in parchment and grisly talisman. The traitor was caught by the blast in the throat, falling to the floor, his right hand dropping his boltgun as the crustaceous claw that had replaced his left flailed madly.

Leaning on both arms, Jethro shook as the memory hit him. They had been betrayed, not just by Horus, but by the second wave as well. They had been forced to fall back, their Primarch.. was Vulkan even still alive, he remembered something about Ferrus falling against Fulgrim…

The landers were in sight, there weapons and those left to guard them firing at the traitor hoard between them and the Jethro’s company. As far as he could see either side it was the same mad rush as the Salamanders desperately tried to get to their craft, some dragging wounded brothers, others in the white of the Apothecary order bearing the caskets that contained the geneseed of their fallen brothers.

The ground trembelled at the same time as large balls of fire filled the eastern horizon. The Iron hand’s landing craft! Without them the Morlocks would have no way to escape the trap that had already claimed their Primarch. But would they want to? It was then he realised that the traitors were not actively pursuing them, and a quick check through the information he’d received confirmed it. The Morlocks had no intention of falling back. Their stubbornness, their determination to through themselves onto the same pyre as their Primarch , had saved the Raven guard and the Salamanders.

Firing his plasma pistol again, after this half spent capsule he only had two left, he hoped tha-

“Captain, Captain Ubaid can you hear me?”

Archived