Hello all. I guessed it was about time I put some pics up of my Chapter. I am going to say this now: updates will be infrequent and random (unless a painting challenge appears). I have a escalation tournament coming up so hopefully that will get me motivated. Also going to use my gallery here for a change.
I know I am no 'Eavy Metal painter and some of my paintjobs are a little old now but any comments and criticisms you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Part 1 of my almost Complete battle Company with some 1st Company
gallery_37115_2960_707889.jpg

Part 2
gallery_37115_2960_771198.jpg

Interrogator-Chaplain
gallery_37115_2960_375012.jpg

Limited Edition Sergeant
gallery_37115_2960_80622.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Reaper

Here are the images as proof of concept for the Dark Angels' subforum Path of Redemption painting challenge.

SEPTEMBER start

test mini - Sergeant Belial

gallery_37115_2960_418167.jpg

Squad Azael

gallery_37115_2960_629606.jpg

Librarian Xaphan

gallery_37115_2960_477230.jpg

Dark Master Kronos Nightshade (3rd version)

gallery_37115_2960_815156.jpg

Edited by 11th Company Dark Master

You're off to a great start. I'm still waiting on some models. :tu:

Never completing an army (or even painting it properly) was one of the reasons I drifted away from 40K. Many of my original models have been discarded, lost, or sold. I came back into the fold and started a Crimson Fist army and this PtR challenge has already drawn me away from it. Hopefully, I will be better in my loyalties to the Dark Angels.

Thank you for your praise. Once I found out the head was a separate piece I knew it needed a swap. Winged helmets are the Dark Angels' thing, my chapter is but a Successor. I'll try and get some new pics up today (now including a bit of paint)

Cappy, you're starting off well and I really like the helm swap for the Company Master as well, but I think you'd be very pleased with the depth it would give your figures to have a wash of Nuln Oil/Badab Black over all your metallic areas. It doesn't need to be heavy, but definitely into the recesses at least. Touch up around the tide lines a bit and you should be set. Also, at the join between the upper and lower parts of the helm on the limited edition sergeant and Sergeant Belial, it appears that the lower plate color has merged up onto the upper plate color. Tidying this up would also likely help some. I do like Squad Azael's configuration an I hope you are rewarded for it in the next DA Codex.

What are you planning in for Belial's banner?

Looking forward to more!

Bryan:

Thanks for your comments and and advice. I am using Belial for my test mini which is why he is a little rough. In all likelyhood Squad Azael will look better first as I will paint them up and fix any mistakes straight away. His banner will probably be either the 3rd company emblem with the Chapter icon, nice and simple. I don't have the GW black washes but I do have a pot of Tamiya smoke. Any knowledge of it's effectiveness as a stand in? Also, my housemate keeps bugging me to put more green onto my models to show they are Dark Angel successors so I decided to have green purity seals so that my colour scheme isn't modified. Do you think this will look alright?

Kovash: He was previously in my Devastator Squad, as I had given robes to 3 of the heavy-weapon marines and to the sergeant. I swapped the missile launcher guy with the robed plasma cannon guy around.

• 3 months later...

So...kind of really dropped the ball on that PtR vow...things came up...haven't touched a brush in a while. That is all about to change.

With the (supposedly) imminent release of Codex: Dark Angels I really want to get my Angels of Shadow painted. I did get some more colour onto a few models, but after testing paints and finding better shades etc. I had to remove said colour. I have no new pics of the Angels...but here is is an update on some paint stripping to prove something is occuring.

gallery_37115_2960_352416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh Forge World you...

So I was searching around for terminators to make a new Belial when I found this little gem

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/mkiv-pwr-wpns.jpg

Different power swords! My prayers have been answered. I can finally equip my sergeants with different styles of blades! Add this lot to the Dark Angel swords I already have and...WOOO!!

• 2 years later...

Random update time! With my new hobby desk set up I've been slowly tackling some projects. That is my first dreadnought you see, damaged by housemates. I decided to fix it after letting it sit on my shelf for months. I removed the faceplate (used enamel-based paints in my early days...FOOL!) to be replaced with one from the Dark Angels vehicle frame. I will remake him, better than before!

11390553_10152866433017761_8832592973778

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Nothing like a tournament to motivate one to paint...

2 tactical squads, Librarian, Veterans and a dreadnought
gallery_37115_2960_176027.jpg

3rd Tactical Squad

gallery_37115_2960_126608.jpg

Vindician, Keeper of Legacies (repaint and rename)
gallery_37115_2960_138623.jpg

Testing out masking
gallery_37115_2960_44335.jpg

Sneak peek at future project...Dark Master Valac of the Blade Brethren 1st Company
gallery_37115_2960_82937.jpg

So while I'm painting up my nephilim I was cleaning up my future Chapter Master. However I cannot decide on one of his shoulder pads.

gallery_37115_2960_60523.jpg

Which would suit better as his right shoulder pad? The icons on the MkIII will be removed for some heraldry.

Me...leave things to the last day before a tournament? Maybe a little.

Thank the Throne for airbrushes. Applying silver to models and cleaning up afterwards by hand.

"The Silvering"

gallery_37115_2960_269810.jpg

Rhino WiP

gallery_37115_2960_197046.jpg

Tactical Squad WiP

gallery_37115_2960_586602.jpg

• 2 months later...

Made this small conversion. Waiting for some models to strip before I tackle a demi-company en mass.

Why did I convert this veteran? Well you see he has TWO MARKSMAN'S HONOURS on his bolt pistol. Why would he use a power fist? Why would a marksman use a storm bolter? Who are you? The Inquisition? Why so many questions?

*ahem*

Here he is.

gallery_37115_2960_22855.jpg
gallery_37115_2960_35002.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I had to repair another metal veteran. He had the chainsword with the hilt tassel. The chainsword broke before it was given to me and I wrecked the bolt pistol barrel trying to drill it out.

I'll post a pic of his new load out tomorrow after work.