PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

Well, I am certainly happy that I now have an entire month to dedicate to my last vow, because....

I, AvonRekaes, do hereby swear and avow, to complete the FORTRESS OF REDEMPTION as my final pearl.

220 points.

(My boys need a home, don't they? biggrin.png)

First WIP Photo:

gallery_67890_8201_723188.jpg

This is what I've actually had for about 2 and a half months now. I bought the Fortress for myself as an early Christmas present, because my local GW store was running a building/scenery painting workshop. This was the section of the Fortress I brought in to work with, and I learned some cool techniques like layering metallic drybrushing over nonmetallic drybrushing to get metallic colors, rather than mixing the metal and nonmetal paints first and drybrushing them on in one layer.

This is the quality I hope to match for the rest of the fortress. I'm sure my local GW store will see me come in for more advice as I work on other sections.

Second WIP Photo:

gallery_67890_8201_14172.jpg

Bunkers and walkway completed. All that's left is the angel tower and painting the barrels on the Icarus Lascannon. After that it's the optional things like heavy bolters and ornaments.

VOW COMPLETE

gallery_67890_8201_28566.jpg

Some detail shots:

The Twin-Linked Icarus Lascannon is charged and ready to fire.

gallery_67890_8201_459805.jpg

Techmarine Hephaestus custom modified the Fortress under the orders of Brother Codicier Dantalion to mount a battery of four heavy bolters along the walkway connecting the two bunkers, deviating from the standard Chapter template. (Though still legal. The BGB says you can put emplaced heavy bolters on any section of the Fortress)

gallery_67890_8201_668121.jpg

The Missile Silo, sealed with the chapter emblem

gallery_67890_8201_433648.jpg

The seal is removed, revealing the missiles themselves. Caution chevrons trigger warning sensors in powered and tactical dreadnought armor to avoid misteps.

gallery_67890_8201_894216.jpg

And over the whole complex, the Angel Tower stands vigil.

gallery_67890_8201_329596.jpg

Well, I am certainly happy that I now have an entire month to dedicate to my last vow, because....

I, AvonRekaes, do hereby swear and avow, to complete the FORTRESS OF REDEMPTION as my final pearl.

220 points.

(My boys need a home, don't they? biggrin.png)

And to that I say...

A) Bravo!

B.) I shall begin the honored and ancient chant, which has been heard in other places..."Paint the fortress! Paint the fortress!"

Sviar, on 24 Feb 2013 - 01:28, said:snapback.png

I Sviar make my last vow to paint one attack bike for the month of feruari.

Sviar, the oath needs to be codex legal. You can vow a single attack bike if it were an addition to an existing RW attack squadron, you just can't vow it as a stand alone model...

I should have mentioned that it was an addition to my semtember vow, I'm sorry I forgot to do that. I was very tired yesterday. My september vow was 3 RW bikes from the DV box. It can be found on page 2, post 39.

TSG: if I make my PtR vow the same as my LPC one do I get a pearl for that?

Absolutely....

Sviar, the oath needs to be codex legal. You can vow a single attack bike if it were an addition to an existing RW attack squadron, you just can't vow it as a stand alone model...

I should have mentioned that it was an addition to my semtember vow, I'm sorry I forgot to do that. I was very tired yesterday. My september vow was 3 RW bikes from the DV box. It can be found on page 2, post 39.

Already got you listed anyway... smile.png

+ + + SUMMARY OF THE PATH TO REDEMPTION + + +

Path to Redemption Current Status
OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 14(21.2%)52 (78.8%) JANUARY52050461 11(18%)51 (83.6%) FEBRUARY20000020 00(00%)00 (00%)

Overall Participants = 126 Eligible for the Black Pearl = 07

Path to Redemption Overall Status
Eligible for Black PearlsFive White PearlsFour White PearlsThree White PearlsTwo White PearlsOne White PearlsThe Unredeemed No Pearls073208081219 40

As you can alls ee from the overall summary table above, seven battle brothers now have the right to wear a single black pearl with pride. More importantly up to now there have been 126 participants amongst whom are 32 with FIVE pearls and 8 more with four pearls all of whom are within the cusp of earming their Black pearls.

The real battle now is to see what percentage of participants will gain the much coveted Black pearls!

+ + + PATH TO REDEMPTION CLOSING DATE: 31 MARCH 2013 + + +

TSG: if I make my PtR vow the same as my LPC one do I get a pearl for that?

Absolutely....

Already got you listed anyway... smile.png

OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 14(21.2%)52 (78.8%) JANUARY52050461 11(18%)51 (83.6%) FEBRUARY20000020 00(00%)00 (00%)

Overall Participants = 126 Eligible for the Black Pearl = 07

Path to Redemption Overall Status
Eligible for Black PearlsFive White PearlsFour White PearlsThree White PearlsTwo White PearlsOne White PearlsThe Unredeemed No Pearls073208081219 40

As you can alls ee from the overall summary table above, seven battle brothers now have the right to wear a single black pearl with pride. More importantly up to now there have been 126 participants amongst whom are 32 with FIVE pearls and 8 more with four pearls all of whom are within the cusp of earming their Black pearls.

The real battle now is to see what percentage of participants will gain the much coveted Black pearls!

I am guessing you are not going to spoil the surprise as to who is eligible atm? :)

I am guessing you are not going to spoil the surprise as to who is eligible atm? smile.png

Why not? whistling.gif

given that I have -9- pearls, and will have two more just from finishing my current vow, I think that it is safe to say that I am one of themwhistling.gif

I do have you as having 9 pearls, though the excel sheet uploaded will only show 7 at present. (I will update it in due course) One each for the five months, one for completing 10 additional oaths (you can onlye arn this once) one for the LPC and one for 1000+ pts of BFG. ? You will get two more for completing the Feb oath and including a new unit! Sounds right!!

+ + + THE LION'S CHAMPIONS + + +

Walkers of the Path to Redemption

Wearer's of the Black Pearl

Avon Rekaes (7)

Bryan Blaire (7)

Cerroneth (9)

Cypher102 (6)

Dark Master (6)

Hidicul (6)

Skink (6)

SG

I am guessing you are not going to spoil the surprise as to who is eligible atm? smile.png

Why not? whistling.gif

>given that I have -9- pearls, and will have two more just from finishing my current vow, I think that it is safe to say that I am one of themwhistling.gif

I do have you as having 9 pearls, though the excel sheet uploaded will only show 7 at present. (I will update it in due course) One each for the five months, one for completing 10 additional oaths (you can onlye arn this once) one for the LPC and one for 1000+ pts of BFG. ? You will get two more for completing the Feb oath and including a new unit! Sounds right!!

Avon Rekaes (7)

Bryan Blaire (7)

Cerroneth (9)

Cypher102 (6)

Dark Master (6)

Hidicul (6)

Skink (6)

SG

Technically I am on 7 too :) With my Brotherhood of Angels articles. :)

Why not? whistling.gif

>given that I have -9- pearls, and will have two more just from finishing my current vow, I think that it is safe to say that I am one of themwhistling.gif

Avon Rekaes (7)

Bryan Blaire (7)

Cerroneth (9)

Cypher102 (6)

Dark Master (6)

Hidicul (6)

Skink (6)

SG

Doh, by my count i should have 6 aswell.

1 For January vow, 1 for LPC completion, 3 for Pre Heresy Units (Cataphractii, Veterans, Rapier), and the last and 6th for new unit (Dark Talon).

I might just have misread the rules something though.sweat.gif

^same. September - January 5 pearls, January was LPC for 6, wrote a BoA as well during January so by my reading that was worth 2 and is up to 8? Unless I lose EVERYTHING for january because I got sick and didn't get my followup vow done...

I Vow to finish:
10 man strong Tactical Squad: Missile Launcher, plasma gun. Sargent with plasma pistol. (185pts. )

5 man strong Deathwing terminators: assault cannon, chain fist. (245pts. )

http://imageshack.us/a/img13/4637/pict1808m.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/2397/pict1809d.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img405/1286/pict1807e.jpg

Vow Completed:

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5904/pict1826.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/1769/pict1825.jpg

Best I get involved then; I have come too far to fail now after all. The mini only has to be finished to the best of my 'current' ability right? tongue.png

I therefore vow to build, paint (as best I can until my cast comes off then we'll see biggrin.png ) and base: One Deathwing Relic Mortis Contemptor with two TLLC and a CML on top, before the deadline of 31 March 2013 or my names not Borris.

I started building last night but couldn't post a pic due to RL jobs. Starting pics willl be edited in here tonight smile.png

;P
stobz

EDIT: Starting point

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8384/8505575143_2452b89977_z.jpg

Thank you brothers for updating me.

Arkley, Brother Captain Lucien, Wraithwing, elphillo and Artemid: Your pearl counts have been rectified. As you might realise as the main table thatcontained all this information ended up in bbcode I've had tor econstruct them piece by piece. I had missed out ona  few BHoA articles and certainly the LPC completions.

The following link contains the summary table as a PDF. Evryone please have a look and let me know by PM rather than clutter this thread and i will make the corrections.

PATH TO REDEMPTION SUMMARY

OATHS OF MOMENTThe FaithfulNeophytesRedemptorsTotal OathsOath BreakersCompletionsSEPTEMBERN/AN/AN/A8229 (35.3%)53 (64.6%)OCTOBER48120464 14(21.9%)50 (78.1%) NOVEMBER46120462 10(16.1%)52 (83.9%) DECEMBER49150266 14(21.2%)52 (78.8%) JANUARY52050461 11(18%)51 (83.6%) FEBRUARY22000022 00(00%)00 (00%)

Overall Participants = 126 Eligible for the Black Pearl = 12

Path to Redemption Overall Status
Eligible for Black PearlsFive White PearlsFour White PearlsThree White PearlsTwo White PearlsOne White PearlsThe Unredeemed No Pearls122708081219 40

Thanks TSG I am sure we all appreciate the work you put into this... I certainly do... smile.png

Now report to Chamber 42 tongue.png hehe...

What he said, im throughly impressed by your handling of this whole event (in a lack of a better word). And looking at that document.. holy moly thats alot of names to keep a track on.

Not to mention that this PTR has made me paint more models in the last month and a half, than i had done for the past 1+ year.

Thanks TSG I am sure we all appreciate the work you put into this... I certainly do... smile.png

Now report to Chamber 42 tongue.png hehe...

Absolutely this! At least the first part. :P Thanks for linking the spreadsheet also, for some reason I was thinking that my first vow was worth 3 White Pearls, when naturally it's only worth 2... I need to find another Legion or new 'Dex unit to get my sixth once I'm done with my February vow!

Archived