your dark vengeance minis

Brother Nathan

well with dark vengeance out and many models now on our desks to paint lets post up our progress and work ourselves into this. so to stat heres the wip of my iron warriors

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/DSCN0547.jpg

Cool, they work well in IW colours too! But am I the only one that noticed they are at least half a head taller than the standard plastic CSM? Especially the dudes with bolters are a helmet taller than the basic CSM we have. This is somewhat worrying, as I don't want all my old minis to look tiny next to the new ones. :thanks:

Cool, they work well in IW colours too! But am I the only one that noticed they are at least half a head taller than the standard plastic CSM? Especially the dudes with bolters are a helmet taller than the basic CSM we have. This is somewhat worrying, as I don't want all my old minis to look tiny next to the new ones. :thanks:

I think that's mostly because they're standing straight, but it bugs me, too.

I recently made a squad of Berzerkers using the running legs from Forge World armour marks II, III and V, and those 8 guys are all at least half a head taller than my basic semi-squatting Chaos Marines.

Grrr.

As I have plenty of basic troopers I was going to use the chosen in the boxed set as Chosen...perhaps their time in the warp, or their rewards, have given them a little extra height. :P

I must say I'm jealous I have not received my preorder and you already have paint on yours. :cuss

I'm going to use my chosen from this box, when they get here in the mail, as a small squad of Beasts of Annihilation. The Hellbrute will be fun too. The cultists will fit in nicely as traitor guard. Not sure what I'm going to do with the LE chaplain though. Just ordered the limited edition one because it was limited edition...

Cool, they work well in IW colours too! But am I the only one that noticed they are at least half a head taller than the standard plastic CSM? Especially the dudes with bolters are a helmet taller than the basic CSM we have. This is somewhat worrying, as I don't want all my old minis to look tiny next to the new ones. ;)

Which is a good thing since normal CSMs are way to small. :P

So far 2 cultists finished. The next 2 will be done today.

Now the question is, should I convert one of the duplicate boltermarines into carrying a plasmagun? :lol:

...and I'm most likely going to convert away most of the power weapons for regular ccws so I can use my chosen...

Now the question is, should I convert one of the duplicate boltermarines into carrying a plasmagun? ;)

I changed the head - it was a nightmare as you need to make some sort of collar for the replacement. Also cut the chain of his bolter and changed the backpack - looks different enough now

@OP - good idea with the thread :)

You could swap the Crozus for an Axe and use him as a Khârn the Betrayer.

He has a visible Dark Angels heraldy...

Anyway I built one of the three Dark Vengeance boxes I bought and I painted three cultists (other two are nearly completed).

I have still to decide the painting scheme for the CSM, the ones in Power Armour :o...

Anyway I built one of the three Dark Vengeance boxes I bought and I painted three cultists (other two are nearly completed).

I have still to decide the painting scheme for the CSM, the ones in Power Armour ;) ...

Yeah, there would be alot of stuff to shave off, plus I've already got a Khârn counts as.

Paint them as Beasts of Annihilation! :o

I have still to decide the painting scheme for the CSM, the ones in Power Armour ;) ...

Yeah, there would be alot of stuff to shave off, plus I've already got a Khârn counts as.

Paint them as Beasts of Annihilation! ^_^

Since I plan to use my CSM for a renegade chapter not devoted, or not completed devoted, to chaos gods I was thinking about the Alpha Legion and/or Night Lords colours.

If I'm not mistaken Alpha Legion was considered a "badass organization" even for Astartes, who are all very badass ;) , standard.

Aren't they the ones who always proved their superiority in fluff?

The only I think I want to avoid is... Pink SM. Nothing personal but I simply don't like the idea to have my super human warriors clad in pink armour...

The Alpha Legion MO has always been superior logistics and communications, since it's required for their specialized style of warfare(hit the enemy from all possible angles +1) and their infiltrating operations. The Alpha Legion also have another thing that I like, they(even above other astartes) value all the legionnaires own initiative. Look at Serpent Beneath for instance, a normal squad(albeit a really good one) takes part in the planning of an operation because their input is valued highly.

Was a decision made on the ability to paint Cultists and post the pictures to the B&C. You'd think that with them being in the Power Armor VS Power Armor box set it would be kosher. I started to work on Renegades using the IA 7 list but I don't think I'll ever get that or any army done, but I will do one, possibly two units of cultists using a mix of bits, Necromunda figs, and of course the new guys.

Originally I was thinking one squad for H2H one squad for shooting, but I don't really want any static elements in my next generation army, so although I'm crazy enough to paint huge units, I know they don't work well in all situations. I may limit the squad size to what fits in the biggest transport, leaving room for the Independent Character cheerleader guy.

Mine are still on sprues at the moment. I've decided to use them for my Bahltimyr Reavers War Band, but I'm still trying to work out what colour goes where before I put paint to plastic as I don't want to mess up and then change half way through painting....

It doesn't help that there is a lot of detail on the mini's (especially the Hellbrute) and it's kinda intimidating to be honest :lol:

It doesn't help that there is a lot of detail on the mini's (especially the Hellbrute) and it's kinda intimidating to be honest :lol:

dont see it as a difficulty, see it as a challenge ;)

you can do it!!

;)

True enough, but I've been looking at the sprues for days now, outlining which colours going to go where. At this rate I'll need to be put in a Hellbrute! :)

I might just paint that Termi Lord/Sorcerer I've had for over a year (and done nothing with except put together - not even sure what I've built it as to be honest) and see how I get on with that :lol:

Got two boxes worth of chaos in the pipeline now. Need to figure out how to convert the other hellbrute to make it distinct enough. One of the chosen champions will become a Dark Apostole in the service of Black Legion.

Archived