your dark vengeance minis

Brother Nathan

Was a decision made on the ability to paint Cultists and post the pictures to the B&C.

Don't know that it's been specifically declared or not, but I imagine Cultists will be covered under the same clause that allows GK players to post photos of Henchmen and the like.

I skipped getting Dark Vengeance
Now this is the most intriguing post in the thread, what's the reason?
As much as I love the Chaos Lord and Hellbrute sculpts I got a tip early that the minis would be bigger than the current line. Turns out they are.

So I'll wait and see what the new line of minis will be like, then, I might purchase myself some CSM. ;)

Got two boxes worth of chaos in the pipeline now. Need to figure out how to convert the other hellbrute to make it distinct enough. One of the chosen champions will become a Dark Apostole in the service of Black Legion.

What I did was saw off the arms, pose them at different angles, and convert the gun into an autocannon.

As much as I love the Chaos Lord and Hellbrute sculpts I got a tip early that the minis would be bigger than the current line. Turns out they are.

So I'll wait and see what the new line of minis will be like, then, I might purchase myself some CSM. :tu:

Hopefully we won't end up with a repeat of the fantasy starter box fiasco i.e the box set models are all much bigger than the current line. Also aesthetically they're miles away from the current range. Fingers crossed they're a sign of things to come, and not just some shelf sitting eye candy.

Thanks for the comments, but is it just me and Brother Nathan that has gotten their sets?

Question for Brother Nihm with the glowy eyes, is it ok to post cultists now or do we have to wait for the actual codex?

The Alpha Legion MO has always been superior logistics and communications, since it's required for their specialized style of warfare(hit the enemy from all possible angles +1) and their infiltrating operations. The Alpha Legion also have another thing that I like, they(even above other astartes) value all the legionnaires own initiative. Look at Serpent Beneath for instance, a normal squad(albeit a really good one) takes part in the planning of an operation because their input is valued highly.

I always found Alpha Legion very interesting for the same reasons. They seem to be the 40K organization whose military doctrines are more similar to current warfare. Infiltration, Special/Black Operations etc.

Beside it's nice to see they adapt their doctrines to the field's necessities and not vice versa, like we are used to see in many other 40k organizations.

Was a decision made on the ability to paint Cultists and post the pictures to the B&C.

Don't know that it's been specifically declared or not, but I imagine Cultists will be covered under the same clause that allows GK players to post photos of Henchmen and the like.

I think you are right. It's clear enough, in my opinion. The restriction applies only to allies. If we extend it to models that no wear PA then we souldn't talk/post images on GK henchmen (and there are many topics on them in the GK sub forum), Techmarine Servitors and even scouts (since they don't wear power armour).

It would make no sense and I strongly believe we can talk about Cultists and post their images.

Anyway if a Mod will confirm it, I'll appreciate it ;)

Please stand by for the upcoming announcement on Cultists.

Understood.

Anyway does it mean we are not allowed to talk about them right now?

I really hope you will allow their discussion when the "upcoming announcement" is released. Cultists seem to be a very important part of Chaos armies and I hope we'll be able to include them in our discussions.

Thanks for the info, Nihm.

Say, are the Dark Angels minis larger as well, or is it just the Chaos Marines?

Definitely beefier, but I'm not sure they're taller in the same way. The Chosen and Chaos Lord are as tall as some of the Chaos Marines I've used Dan the Daemon's "biggerizing" technique on. Apparently, one eats one's Wheaties in the Warp.

Understood.

I really hope you will allow their discussion when the "upcoming announcement" is released. Cultists seem to be a very important part of Chaos armies and I hope we'll be able to include them in our discussions.

I understand the power armor focus and all ... but aren't cultist basically in the same boat as SM scouts? As in, they are part of a power armored army but do not themselves have power armor.

Thanks for the comments, but is it just me and Brother Nathan that has gotten their sets?

Question for Brother Nihm with the glowy eyes, is it ok to post cultists now or do we have to wait for the actual codex?

I've gotten mine, just finished undercoating, tomorrow might even have time to paint some.

First one done, with the second one waiting in the background:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6866/dsc0054av.jpg

Freaking lovely.

Looking neat, not gonna lie.

But, got a quick question, are the chosen in multiple parts ?

2 bits each, from my cursory glances at the sprues.

Looking neat, not gonna lie.

But, got a quick question, are the chosen in multiple parts ?

yes.

There are some pictures of them on the sprue floating around and GW has some shots of some of them clipped and ready for assembly.

[eta link for the google impaired :) ]

Scroll through the pics about halfway down this post.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog...pid=3700064-gws

What really struck me about the Chosen is how you assemble the models, as on the sprue their components don't quite come as you'd expect them to. The Chosen warrior with the lightning claws, for example, comes in three parts - the front of his body (including the front of the lightning claws), the back of his torso (including the backs of the lightning claws) and his backpack. It's very odd to look at on the sprue, but the parts fit together immensely well and provide utterly seamless joints between the components. You'd be hard-pressed to find the joins between them if you didn't know where to look.

Understood.

I understand the power armor focus and all ... but aren't cultist basically in the same boat as SM scouts? As in, they are part of a power armored army but do not themselves have power armor.

I agree. That was exactly my point and I even mentioned SM scouts (see my previous post, #35 B) )

some of the models will be easy to convert, such as the fist model, whilst others will be quite difficult such as the claws, and i reccomend dry fitting parts and being very careful when cutting them off the sprue as it is very easy to cut off smethig that looks like scrap until you test fit it and discover that was the top of a models head for example... anyway update from me...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/DSCN0554.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/DSCN0552.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/DSCN0553.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/DSCN0551.jpg

tried to include a few scale shots too... i don think scales much of a problem tbh with mixing with older models, the differences in backpacks is a bigger thing for me...

Archived