your dark vengeance minis

Brother Nathan

Hi,

I posted these in the Hall of Honour but thought that I may as well put them here for good measure ;) .

They really are lovely models with so many small deatils and touches that really set them apart from loyalists such as the choas symbols, the warped armour with deamonic growths and the abundance of funky armour trim.

I was also really surprised to see that it appears the bolters have customised grips that look like they are supposed to be made of a wood-like material which gives them a nice antiquiated look that I really like. :D

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikeymouatt/th_Photo0936.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikeymouatt/th_Photo0934.jpg

These two took me AGES to paint though thats most likely down to me over doing the layers on the armour.

I think I did 5 layers on the pink, when really I should just paint the pink straight on in thin coats, skipping the the 2 preiveous purply colours, and add definition via a purple wash.

Seems i'm gonna have to start cutting some edges ;) .

I think i'm also going to paint up a few cultists or the Hellbrute just to give myself something different between painting the Chosen.

Looking forward to seeing how everybody elses models turn out, great idea for a thread!

Cheers,

Mike.

P.S. Has anyone who bought multiple sets converted a Hellbrute yet?

Well my dark vengeance box FINALLY got here *grumble* @ 5 days shipping. Anyways I noticed something weird in my box within seconds of opening it and wondered if anyone else had the same problem? I don't recall seeing this "miniature" (theres nothing small about it) in the pre release photos.

gallery_60337_7682_509828.jpg

gallery_60337_7682_844518.jpg

Dat kittycat is sooo cute.

Really man, posting cat pictures on the internet ?

Do love the second one, that look on his face : "Damn, no point cost in it ? Dat's crap. Paid it good money, dat's crap".

Thanks for the comments, but is it just me and Brother Nathan that has gotten their sets?

I've got mine too, I'm just slow. I'm spending a lot of time working on my Iron Hands for the Feast of Blades, and I'm anal about mold lines, so it takes me a while to trim up any miniature before I'll start applying paint.

Well my dark vengeance box FINALLY got here *grumble* @ 5 days shipping. Anyways I noticed something weird in my box within seconds of opening it and wondered if anyone else had the same problem? I don't recall seeing this "miniature" (theres nothing small about it) in the pre release photos.

Schrodinger has been looking for that.

I like that one picture he is looking up and the other he is not but they both have the same time stamp ...

ive gotten quite alot of work done on mine, that will be made into a tzeentch warband consisting of fallen ravenguard or spaceshark marines (some minor conversions and such) and i think i can have some pictures up in the weekend (they are currently stationed elsewhere, where i wont have to acces till then... also i only have a phone for pictures myself)... and hopefully the 3 squads of chosen and the posessed bits i ordered will arrive soon aswell

as for the miniatures in general i absolutly love them. the style is nice and retro (looks like RT chaos) and they are actually properly proportioned! the heads are smaller and the legs/torso/shoulders are bigger and bulkier... they still lake overall scale though, but personally i feel that the biggest problem with marines are their proportions, not their scale.

also, am i the only one who have noticed that the plastic seems different than the normal GW plastic? it seems alot softer, and the plastic itself feels about twice as heavy as normal (that said, the newest GW kit ive got before this one is the dark eldar talos/chronos kit(which might potentially have been sitting on a shelf since the model was released). so it might just be me being behind on this matter...)

First one done, with the second one waiting in the background:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6866/dsc0054av.jpg

Very nice :P

I like that one picture he is looking up and the other he is not but they both have the same time stamp ...

Isn't that the date?

Schrodinger's cat ... in a box ... both alive and dead at the same time ... the quantum state of sub-atomic particles is both stable and unstable at the same time until it is measured and thus it is the act of measuring that converts those particles into a defined state ... no one has heard of this?

Never mind. Jokes loose their impact once they are explained.

Schrodinger's cat ... in a box ... both alive and dead at the same time ... the quantum state of sub-atomic particles is both stable and unstable at the same time until it is measured and thus it is the act of measuring that converts those particles into a defined state ... no one has heard of this?

dont worry i understood it, it made me smile at the time :P

Isn't that the date?

I did understand, physics is a pet hobby of mine. I was in a pedantic mood yesterday, I apologise. :lol:

heres my attempt, still very much WIP

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/007-18.jpg?t=1347039696

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/010-8.jpg?t=1347039704

im having probelms with flash and lighting, the cloak is actually shades of blue, starting with midnight then regal and i will add ultramarine as i have the edges at the front

He's looking ace! I'm cleaning up mine as we speak! How do you manage to get those smooth highlights on the red? They look lovely!

its all about the thickness of the paint, i tend to water all my paints down a bit, although i put those higlights on a little thicker to maintain my lines.

its hard to explain in words, its taken me ages to work out paint thickness

He's looking ace! I'm cleaning up mine as we speak! How do you manage to get those smooth highlights on the red? They look lovely!

its all about the thickness of the paint, i tend to water all my paints down a bit, although i put those higlights on a little thicker to maintain my lines.

its hard to explain in words, its taken me ages to work out paint thickness

Yeah, I'm still very much a novice when it comes to that unfortunately... :D

Archived