I finally found my way over to the WIP forum and left a batch of pics of my army so far, which is only Sons of Unity at the moment, and now there's a link to it in my sig. For those who need a teaser/don't feel like migrating:

Captain Kirrahe

gallery_57008_7698_496956.jpg

6th Squad Sergeant:

gallery_57008_7698_915514.jpg

's a good summary of where I'm going :D.

• 2 weeks later...
Tiny update: Changed the homeworld (name only) so as not to conflict/confuse with the IG Elysians, and to loosen my grip on the Mass Effect verse. I'm at the point where I've moved on to painting Cerberus marines and outlining other Chapters so much that its hard to come back to work on these guys! I'm thinking of cutting out a couple of parts from the Homeworld section, and maybe make a wiki page to expand those things somewhere else, focus on the Chapter here. Anyone else think that bit is too space consuming?

• 1 month later...
What colors are you using for your marines they look awesome...I had a similar idea about basing them on the sons of liberty during the revolutionary war using a templar cross but very similar paint scheme awesome work

Thanks recon! The blue is straight kantor blue, and the gray is eshin gray mixed with a little white, The yellow is just averland sunset, and the skin/parchment is XV88 mixed with a little white as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Edits made:

Replaced some non-essential homeworld info with Fortress Monastery details

Slight restructuring of recruitment section, moving story into sidebar

Change in combat doctrine shifts focus away from Assault only, which will be more of a Cerberus thing

Made mention of planning methods

Grammar/spelling

Much appreciated. I haven't had a lot of opportunity to update them, with other Chapters/stories beginning to take priority, but there's still plenty to be added and refined. Glad to help any way I can!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may not be the most useful reply to you but I just wanted to say I love how this chapter is turning out. I much like you love working on my own DIY chapters and like you am a novice painter. I look forward to this chapters progress and your others overall.

I like the home world it seems very well written and though out. I have never been a fan of water worlds but you have made it work pretty well with the hive cities and trench facilities.

In other words keep up the good work :)

Much appreciated, brother! I'm hoping to transplant and expand a little History from the Cerberus Chapter before too long.

edit:

More fine tuning done of combat doctrine, finalizing ranged/armored preference

Slight wording improvement throughout

...one Emergency Induction Port for one Forge Master Zorah.

Edited by Messor

• 1 month later...
Added some details to the history section. After tons of needless deliberation, I've decided to paint the DV Chaplain as a battle brother of the SoU, and have requisitioned a number of other models for the Chapter. They'll have to wait in line behind my LPC vow models, though, which are Cerberus and Basilisk marines.