Elmo's seemingly constant WIP

elmo

• 1 month later...

Was it wrong of me to buy two Talons of the Emperor sets just to get Land Raiders, Rhinos and Contemptor Dreadnaughts for my DA?

Price wise it made so much sense ;)

At last 2 standard Landraiders to add to my Crusaders...

Expect to see more new stuff from my DA after the summer as there is a large backlog of IG armour to clear out first.

• 2 months later...

Oh, you were going for the rulebook? I'll gladly accept your marines Elmo, no worries. I'll PM the adress where you can ship them to.

Bah-hahahahahaaaaaa :biggrin.:

I am actually already thinking about a couple of conversions to bling them up a little but not quite sure how to massage the fluff on my collection to make them fit into the Chapter.

I was toying with the idea of a kind of "special" HQ Company sort of thing which where used for very secret lightning strikes where my DA did not want to be officially implicated.

I don't think that I can bring them into the standard Company system as it is 5th next and I already have the models for that ;)

Bah-hahahahahaaaaaa :biggrin.:

So that's a no? Dang it, I already dusted off a spot for some shiny Plasma dudes. You could keep the rest.

I am actually already thinking about a couple of conversions to bling them up a little but not quite sure how to massage the fluff on my collection to make them fit into the Chapter.

I was toying with the idea of a kind of "special" HQ Company sort of thing which where used for very secret lightning strikes where my DA did not want to be officially implicated.

I don't think that I can bring them into the standard Company system as it is 5th next and I already have the models for that :wink:

Some sort of Black Ops for your DA? Would be nice actually. Low key heraldry or icons and black parts of armour mixed with the green plates (like DoC). Would be awesome alongside your dismounted Black Knights.

Work has started on blinging up the officers and building the troops along with barrel drilling. I have repositioned the commanders bolterfist so I need to replace the ammo feed to make it reach.

Hopefully they will be getting primed at the weekend ready for detailing next week.

I have decided on classic DA green rather than DoC so as to keep consistency across my DA ;)

Edited by elmo

As promised, here are the conversions so far - nothing major, just some added iconography and the commanders ammo belt has been lengthened with plasticard. The models are tacked together for now just for the photo and will be broken down for painting and that is why the ammo feed has a gap in the middle for now ;)

gallery_62353_11005_63598.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_11037.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_48667.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_45944.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_20169.jpg

Work has begun on the Primaris Marines with them all now being primed in Caliban Green spray.

I am hoping to het one of the Lieutenants mostly done (less basing) by Friday as a tester.

gallery_62353_11005_142860.jpg

Intercessor Squad

gallery_62353_11005_103940.jpg

Inceptor Squad

gallery_62353_11005_38477.jpg

Hellblaster Squad

Unfortunately due to Photobucket changing their terms about 3rd party image hosting and me not being willing to pay them 399$ for the privilege I have a lot of images with broken links - apologies for this.

I will be trying to replace some of them but I can't remember which one is which for most of them so some will be unrecoverable.

Sufficed to say - I am not a happy Brother at the moment.

Unfortunately due to Photobucket changing their terms about 3rd party image hosting and me not being willing to pay them 399$ for the privilege I have a lot of images with broken links - apologies for this.

I will be trying to replace some of them but I can't remember which one is which for most of them so some will be unrecoverable.

Sufficed to say - I am not a happy Brother at the moment.

Normally you should be able to see what the picture is if you open the linkadress in another tab. Still, it's going to be a :censored: to replace your whole thread. Better to trust in the B&C-gallery from now on

Loving all the conversions Elmo. Lol I'm really enjoying bolt rifle with the bayonet, that is just epic hahaha

That sucks about photobucket, seems like a lot of members here are having that issue. I don't see many people being willing/able to pay $400 a month.

• 3 weeks later...