Elmo's seemingly constant WIP

elmo

Thanks Phaeton :)

Sorry Brothers but I have been distracted by an Imperial Guard forum advent so there will be a short delay while I knock out 3 Leman Russes and an armoured car for my meatsacks...

Normal service will be resumed soon ;)

Bobz calling me a slacker.... Now that is a turn up for the books :no:

I have been to Cell 42 many a time and it is fine as long as you get there just after the kettle has boiled and there is a fresh packet of chocolate Hobnobs opened ;)

Rest assured Brothers - there is a lot of grey plastic which needs painting green/black/bone this year...:blink.:

Slacker!

Ow hey Stobz! How is that Leviathan from last september coming along? :biggrin.:
Great thanks ;) :P

Still going, cannot rush these things :D

Brother Elmo is a painting machine, he’s not in any danger of a ‘proper’ trip to the 42nd Chamber.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

• 3 weeks later...

Still another couple of weeks before I can start on the Fortress - the Leman Russes are done but the "counts as" Salamander will be about 2 weeks although I will try to get some of the little bits (bolters etc) done in between ;)

I was on e-Bay today just to see what was going on you understand... unfortunately, due to my love of MkIII armour I ended up placing a bid on some thinking I had no chance... so I walked away to do something else.

Went to check my emails later and...

of course I ended up winning - I now have 30 tacticals in MKIII on the way to add to the others I already have.

Expect to see a company of 30K DA in the next year or so :biggrin.:

Looks in hopefully...

Still more excuses than content, starts to wonder if you are actually a closet slacker.

:lol:

I thought I heard my name...

eBay can be a cool place, but woe those that buy stuff, they end up with backlogs! I look forward to seeing them painted up. The black of the HH 1st is glorious!

Edited by Helycon

Looks in hopefully...

Still more excuses than content, starts to wonder if you are actually a closet slacker.

:laugh.:

You obviously do not follow my other threads then ;)

eBay can be a cool place, but woe those that buy stuff, they end up with backlogs! I look forward to seeing them painted up. The black of the HH 1st is glorious!

Plus it is quick to paint :)

Looks in hopefully...

:laugh.:

You obviously do not follow my other threads then ;)

Plus it is quick to paint :)

It should be. But somehow, a squad of tacticals takes me about 2 weeks to complete. I probably am just a slow painter, or add too much detail :P and still they don't come out as nicely as yours!

Two weeks is fine, after all you can keep them forever.

It's the persistence that really counts when army painting. Do the two weeks ten times for a Company and you're good to go.

Oh, I agree, the issue is that I just have such a massive backlog, that it's going to take a million years to paint all of it. And when I see people painting to such a high standard as you fellows, it always feels a bit...underwhelming and I should be faster. 

Beside the fact that it's currently winter and the light just isn't great to paint, I stop painting for a bit. I dislike painting with artificial light, it just doesn't feel right. 

We all have bad days where motivation is lacking or the mind is elsewhere...

If the light is a problem try daylight bulbs as opposed to the standard ones and I put a Sci-fi related (not just 40K) audio book on in the background. I just listened to

Iron Dragoons Terran Armor Corps and moved on to Warship (Black Fleet Trilogy Book 1) by Joshua Dalzelle. Both where good and Warship is a little like Battlefleet Gothic.

I also bounce around my different armies to have a change of technique/colour pallet.

Who has time to paint?

Fixed that question for you, brother!

Looking forward to how you do the Fortress, Elmo, I've been admiring one for a long time.

(I also still have a package here with your name on it. Jeez, talk about slacking...)

We all have bad days where motivation is lacking or the mind is elsewhere...

If the light is a problem try daylight bulbs as opposed to the standard ones and I put a Sci-fi related (not just 40K) audio book on in the background. I just listened to

Iron Dragoons Terran Armor Corps and moved on to Warship (Black Fleet Trilogy Book 1) by Joshua Dalzelle. Both where good and Warship is a little like Battlefleet Gothic.

I also bounce around my different armies to have a change of technique/colour pallet.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go :) .

Your words are so painfully true. I'm still working on some classic Predators and Dreadnought I snatched from a weak moment on Ebay. I really should start working on those.

Maybe I should send them to Elmo, they'll recieve love over there.

Your words are so painfully true. I'm still working on some classic Predators and Dreadnought I snatched from a weak moment on Ebay. I really should start working on those.

Maybe I should send them to Elmo, they'll recieve love over there.

If you really want to send them over I can add them to my painting backlog :whistling:

Speaking of which...

In the painting corner next week will be a "counts as" Belial from Wargame Exclusive with some GW bits stuck on randomly...

gallery_62353_11005_85389.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_60075.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_38458.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_46753.jpg

Apologies for the washed out photo as the light box and camera are not set up for naked grey resin and I did not want to mess around with the settings :(

By the Emperor yes.... the DA painting backlog is huge.

Including but not exclusively

2 x Landraiders

2 x Rhinos

1 x Razorback

1 x Veteran Dreadnough (the metal one)

60 MKIII

80 40k DA

4 x Attack Bikes

40 x Ravenwing

And more I can't remember. :(

I won't get bored...