Elmo's seemingly constant WIP

elmo

Belial is done :smile.:

Unfortunately the photobooth is playing up or the camera settings or some such technical excuse.... All praise the Omnissiah and anoint it with Holy Oils..

gallery_62353_14286_98478.jpg

gallery_62353_14286_43528.jpg

gallery_62353_14286_57751.jpg

gallery_62353_14286_72786.jpg

gallery_62353_14286_38698.jpg

gallery_62353_14286_61574.jpg

gallery_62353_14286_64164.jpg

gallery_62353_14286_69005.jpg

This guy is great. He looks like a walking gothic cathedral. Love it.

Edited by EPK

• 3 weeks later...

Reinforcements for the Dark Angels have arrived.

My first drop pod - had to happen sometime :wink:

1 x Rhino (eBay reclamation project)

30 x MKIII Marines

I have enough MKIII for a Horus Heresy Company now :whistling:

gallery_62353_11005_45816.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_123893.jpg

The plan is to move onto DA once the ETL is complete :yes:

And thinking about my Ravenwing... Just ordered 5 x Revell 00081 Warhammer 40000 Space Marine Speeder Strike Build and Paint Set as they are quite cheap at the moment. I will be using all the bits I have left over from the upgrade sprues to bling them up :)

Edited by elmo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I will be back on The Rock towards the end of next week - still some drones to clear out... and I have had an epiphany...

I used to collect WHF Empire and still have a box of Empire Knights unbuilt

gallery_62353_11005_229315.jpg

How about if I went down the route of building them as The Order/Questing knights pre-Lion? Not for game use but just as a thing...

I was going to add some chainswords and bolt pistols, helmet swap or modification (get rid of all the feathers), sable armour and some heraldry.

What say you brothers?

I was going for a pre-arrival of the Imperium theme and I was thinking of doing with the foot troops I have as a levy, but it sort of clashes with the knightly orders as there is no mention of non-knights in the books.

That's indeed an inspiring picture.

you could also stage a fight against a beast.

GW has some nice monsters which fit perfectly in Calibans forests.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chimera

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Cockatrice

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Beastmen-Razorgor

Run them as Outriders (bit heavy on the firepower though, but the movement is good) or as Assault Marines (combat capabilities would be more accurate and the movement is there - just don't "jump" over stuff...too much). They would certainly look cool.

Edited by shabbadoo

• 1 month later...

Back to The Rock and.... Ravenwing time :smile.:

1 x Sammael and Sableclaw
4 x Landspeeders

All weapons fits will be magnetised.

They are a mix of the Revell Space Marine Speeder Strike Build & Paint (blue bits) and the Ravenwing accessories sprue (grey bits)

gallery_62353_11005_195326.jpg

As these Revell kits seem good value - I have just ordered 5 of these which will give me some more Ravenwing Bikers (I already have the upgrade sprues) plus a squad of Terminators... All for Edited by elmo

• 2 weeks later...

As these Revell kits seem good value - I have just ordered 5 of these which will give me some more Ravenwing Bikers (I already have the upgrade sprues) plus a squad of Terminators... All for £29.94 :smile.:

With the Landspeeders, it seems like they're the same kit, just in a different color plastic?

Anyways, glad to see you back at the Rock

Thanks.

The plastic reminds me of the easy build kits. It is slightly brittler than the grey plastic you normally get but works the same.

As these Revell kits seem good value - I have just ordered 5 of these which will give me some more Ravenwing Bikers (I already have the upgrade sprues) plus a squad of Terminators... All for £29.94 :smile.:

With the Landspeeders, it seems like they're the same kit, just in a different color plastic?

Anyways, glad to see you back at the Rock

Slowly plodding along on the Speeders but not much to show so I thought... play around with the light box and camera settings and see if I could improve the previous photos of one of my favourite projects...

Still not 100% happy as the white is too bright so I will need to fiddle around with it some more but for now - here we go...

gallery_62353_14973_159405.jpg

gallery_62353_14973_72858.jpg

gallery_62353_14973_23645.jpg

gallery_62353_14973_108448.jpg

gallery_62353_14973_141968.jpg

And as a bonus photo...

gallery_62353_14973_119673.jpg

Nice new pictures Elmo.

I got myself a cheap speeder too so talonmaster/ sableclaw on the way. I didn’t realise it came with a brush 4 little paints and some bits for basing. Quite the bargain. I haven’t opened the box yet so I don’t know what quality the brush is but considering it’s £10 less than the speeder on it’s own it doesn’t really matter.

Have GW just licenced out some old molds to Revell?

Edited by JJD

The brush is the gw starter brush which, if truth be told, I quite like for larger work. It is a bit of a general service brush ;)

I have heard that the paints can be a bit hit and miss with some reporting that they had dried out but all mine where ok.

The scenery is a nice bonus but 5 sets get a bit repetitive...

I think revell got the gw license for the older versions as a starter kit but I am happy to take advantage of a good deal :)

Work continues on Sableclaw and 4 Landspeeders for the 2nd Company. These should all be complete by the end of next week then I may have a go at a squad of bikes :)

gallery_62353_11005_12622.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_74910.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_91411.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_101187.jpg

I have also found another Landspeeder in my painting queue... will it never end?!