Elmo's seemingly constant WIP

elmo

Vow 2 is 2/3rds complete with just the 6th Tactical squad to do which should be completed by next weekend :)

I had to swap the Sgts power weapons over to better suit the poses of the legs...

gallery_62353_12022_362193.jpg

7. Assault Squad Separ - 195pts

Sgt Separ: Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

Squad: Plasma Pistol x 2

gallery_62353_12022_277236.jpg

8. Assault Squad Zopyrion - 185pts

Sgt Zopyrion: Power Axe; Bolt Pistol

Squad: Plasma Pistol x 2

Close-ups of the sgts to follow as my light box lamp has just snapped off :furious:

Edited by elmo

I think I will need a new cabinet soon :(

gallery_62353_10059_4065.jpg

From top to bottom...

1st Company

Armoury and Dreadnoughts

4th Company

3rd and 10th Company

HH DA and magnetised weapon storage boxes

2nd Company

Still loads to paint :biggrin.:

gallery_62353_12022_97293.jpg

And moving on to the last of the 3rd Company Squads :smile.:

Vow 3

I Elmo do hereby pledge and vow the forces of the 3rd Company to this, His Most Holy Crusade of E TENEBRAE LUX V.

2 Devastator Squads from Codex: Dark Angels for a total value of 440 points to be completed on or before August 15th, 2016.

gallery_62353_12022_24782.jpg

9. Devastator Squad Asander - 200pts

Sgt Asander: Storm Bolter; Power Maul

Squad: Multi-melta (x2); Plasma Cannon (x2)
gallery_62353_12022_63329.jpg

10. Devastator Squad Oranir - 240pts

Sgt Oranir: Plasma Pistol; Power Sword

Squad: Missile Launcher (x2); Lascannon (x2)
Edited by elmo

Usual end of week update on my ETL progress...

3rd Company beginning to look almost complete with the torsos and legs for the 2 Devastator squads at about 90% and should be able to move on to weapons and packs next week and should be comfortably finished in time for the 15th Aug deadline... :)

gallery_62353_12022_40740.jpg

gallery_62353_12022_67915.jpg

I plan to do the Company characters slow time after the ETL is complete as there is no chance of getting any done in time without some seriously late nights :(

I think this one is going to be up to the wire.... I forgot how much time Devastators took :(

Thanks - I will just keep plodding away. It is the heavy weapons combined with the packs that take the time but I knew this before I started - I am just a glutton for punishment :wallbash:

They will be completed by the 15th even if it means I need to do some long evenings - Can't let The Master of Recruits down ;)

Seeing as each of your heavy weapon Devastators is like two models, you are really painting 28 models rather than 20!

One thing I find helps if you use a lot of washes is to use a small hair-dryer to speed things up a bit. It may not save a lot of time on one coat of paint on one model, but over ten models with lots of coats of paint you really notice it. :)

Anyway, keep your spirits and the good work up - I'm sure you'll still put slowpokes like me to shame! :thumbsup:

Elmo, first off, your comany is looking fantastic! Youre almost there man, just a little more.

Secondly, on their left thigh, is that a pouch containing not 1, not 2, but 3 magazines?

This week I was mainly concentrating on the heavy weapons and with 1 week to go I still need to complete pauldrons, bolters, heads and packs on the Sgts and bolter marines.... It will be tight and I am expecting a couple of long evenings :(

gallery_62353_12022_76913.jpg

gallery_62353_12022_50521.jpg

gallery_62353_12022_129054.jpg

gallery_62353_12022_87221.jpg

Good progress man!

Don't kill yourself on all the details - as long as all the parts are painted by the deadline, you'll be fine. You can do a detail pass later on when you have a bit more time. :)

Plus, you'll still get more done thsn many of us, and we'll still be here to enjoy the results with you.