Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathwing 1750 Tournament list

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
Belial TH/SS 130

5XTerminators (TH/SS, 1CML,apothecary) 265

5XTerminators (TH/SS, 1CML) 235

3x LandSpeeder MM/TyphoonML 225

2x Predator Autocannon/HB sponsors 190

I chose predators cause the 13 AV is not that easy to penetrate compared to dreads. My enemies are using lots of transports so the idea is to bust the
transports with the speeders, preds and cyclones and then frag the Sh_it out of them while marching for close combat. The belial command squad will lead the way cause they are the most durable having FNP and let the armor saves be taken.

Edited by lonewolf81, 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Battle Brother Abderus

Battle Brother Abderus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
I believe this is similar of the 1500 point list that was known as "the best list possible" of (Deathwing style) lists in 5th Edition, i think there were 3 Predators though and the Land Speeders where in Squads of one, but putting them in a squad of 3 helps with the Purge missions and makes first blood harder to achieve.

I'm not sure if you're using 3 Typhoon missile launchers if you are it's illegal limited to one per unit.

IndigoJack

IndigoJack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
I assume this typhoons aren't squadroned. Nice list. Those dakka preds are great fire support. This list was great in 5th, but might suffer a little in this edition because the preds are going to die faster than they used to and you have no reliable anti-flyer units. The only recommendation I have is maybe do a speeder and upgrade one tank to full lascannons to increase your chance of downing them. Admittedly, I'm not even sure that it's worth it, just something to consider
"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position. But certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." -Einstein

Centurion645

Centurion645

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts
Wow, nice list. You have enough Scoring Terminators for an objectives mission, and enough to wipe out the opponent. My only concern is Fliers. Say some Necron player sneaks in a few fliers, how will you take them out? You could hold them out, but they will wreck some things. I guess the LS could take a few shots, but not to much effect. Other than this, the list is great. :D

Current 40k armies:
Iron Hands Marines-Over 2k
Grey Knights-Over 1k

"Know thine enemy. You are known to him already."

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
if there are any flyers ill ignore them hitting others more easy to kill targets and then i ll use snap shots i did it before and it worked. Most of the times one missile hit is enough to cause major damage. Having lascannons is very useful but i prefer having more units to keep my opponents busy. Ill test the list and ill let you know the outcome.

Edited by lonewolf81, 17 September 2012 - 07:59 AM.

IndigoJack

IndigoJack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
It might be possible to ignore the one off flyer, but mass necron scythes and dual storm raven lists are going to give you trouble and depending on how competitive the tournament is, you're likely to see one or both of those lists. Your list is pretty much the standard 5th net list and worked great then but it did lose some effectiveness in 6th ed.
"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position. But certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." -Einstein

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
I think it got better cause with the change in Power weapons now in close combat terminators got a lot better, but still you got to have the armor saves dice by your side. The land speeders with two hull points got nerfed but they were fragile before too. As for the preds ill keep them back for fire support and if they last untill turn 3 it will be a success. I think 6th edition favored deathwing but still the low model count makes it difficult to win but thats whats sweet about it :) As for the fliers its better to test my strength using terminators than adding something like Aegis Defence line which i think is pretty useless in deathwing lists

Edited by lonewolf81, 21 September 2012 - 06:52 AM.

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,157 posts
the landraider helios is anti air in IAA so i've been told.

Yep it does, check out IA Aeronautica, 280 pts, skyfire, intercepto, heat seeker(TL)
Great option if you ask me, no one is ofc ;)

Yep it does, check out IA Aeronautica, 280 pts, skyfire, interceptor, heat seeker(TL)
Great option if you ask me, no one is ofc ;)

I must have meant it, it came out twice :(

could completment your pred gunline while filling anti-air duties as well. drop a terminator squad and one landspeeder for the whirlwind form hell.

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
These are from forgeworld rules so i guess i cant use them in a tournament.

Tom the Hungry

Tom the Hungry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
If I'm not mistaken (and i could be) if the entry in the imperial armour book says 40k beside it, it should be legal. Unless your tournaments have special rules then I imagine you have to follow those.

D3STROY3R

D3STROY3R

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 415 posts
For tourneys you have to have an aegis. It's all we got and you really cannot just ignore necron airforce which is prevalent in tourneys now. If you aren't already familiar, a doom scythe causes a s10 ap1 hit to everyone in the squad not just where the line is drawn. Making you fall back on shields to survive.

With an aegis, as you do seem to have lots of s8, you stand a chance of doing okay vs flyers. If you get lucky with some 6's. But only with aegis as supplement.
Never forgive, never forget.

My ever evolving 2k Tourney Dark Angels

IndigoJack

IndigoJack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
Terminators did get better in 6th, but not too much. There are few armies that have enough power weapon spam to really make it matter. Honestly it's the inability to deal with mass flyers effectively that's going to be a problem. I actually feel that speeders got less fragile in 6th. They were already easy to penetrate in 5th, but now only a roll of a 6 can destroy you. I can't really remember a time when my speeders survived more than two penetrating hits. And now with jink, you actually stand a chance of shrugging them off.

Don't let the low model count fool you, TH/SS deathwing are hard as nails. To remove you from an objective, you're opponent either has to kill every single terminator or physically remove them from an objective with tank shock. Combining that with their low KPs is what made deathwing the great tournament army that it was in 5th. Fliers, particularly flying transports, are the biggest problem we face. You're opponent can spend the majority of the game shooting your deathwing into more managable pieces while their troops hide in the flying transports. By the time they come out late game to score/contest, you're numbers are too small to really do anything. The inclusion of more fliers and units with skyfire in the coming months will help balance fliers out to where they need to be.

As far as forgeworld goes, many TOs don't allow them. Even GWs own 'Ard Boyz tournament didn't allow them. And if FW was allowed, I wouldn't recommend the land raider helios. Instead, I'd go with the mortis dread with 2x twin-linked lascannons. It has skyfire/interceptor if it remains stationary. Two of those will ground any air force you're opponent tries to run.

Aegis is a flat out waste of points for deathwing in this list. They can't get a better save then their 3+ invul, and taking it just for one gun with skyfire/interceptor just isn't worth it. The quad gun is alright against AV10 and AV11, but AV12 is a bit of a problem. The icarus lascannon handles the higher AV fliers better but since it's single shot and not twin-linked every missed shot is going to hurt. He'd have better luck spamming missiles and praying for a 6.

D3STROY3R

D3STROY3R

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 415 posts

Terminators did get better in 6th, but not too much. There are few armies that have enough power weapon spam to really make it matter. Honestly it's the inability to deal with mass flyers effectively that's going to be a problem. I actually feel that speeders got less fragile in 6th. They were already easy to penetrate in 5th, but now only a roll of a 6 can destroy you. I can't really remember a time when my speeders survived more than two penetrating hits. And now with jink, you actually stand a chance of shrugging them off.

Don't let the low model count fool you, TH/SS deathwing are hard as nails. To remove you from an objective, you're opponent either has to kill every single terminator or physically remove them from an objective with tank shock. Combining that with their low KPs is what made deathwing the great tournament army that it was in 5th. Fliers, particularly flying transports, are the biggest problem we face. You're opponent can spend the majority of the game shooting your deathwing into more managable pieces while their troops hide in the flying transports. By the time they come out late game to score/contest, you're numbers are too small to really do anything. The inclusion of more fliers and units with skyfire in the coming months will help balance fliers out to where they need to be.

As far as forgeworld goes, many TOs don't allow them. Even GWs own 'Ard Boyz tournament didn't allow them. And if FW was allowed, I wouldn't recommend the land raider helios. Instead, I'd go with the mortis dread with 2x twin-linked lascannons. It has skyfire/interceptor if it remains stationary. Two of those will ground any air force you're opponent tries to run.

Aegis is a flat out waste of points for deathwing in this list. They can't get a better save then their 3+ invul, and taking it just for one gun with skyfire/interceptor just isn't worth it. The quad gun is alright against AV10 and AV11, but AV12 is a bit of a problem. The icarus lascannon handles the higher AV fliers better but since it's single shot and not twin-linked every missed shot is going to hurt. He'd have better luck spamming missiles and praying for a 6.

Since the most av12 flyers he'll ever see is 3, I don't think he needs to go, "bah it's crap then.". Most flyers are av10/11 and the quad gun will shred them just fine. If he only expected to see one or two flyers then I'd say yeah, focus fire cml's and pray for sixes, but the quad fun is cheap, never hurts, and if you do see necron air force you'll be glad you had it. Because deathwing doesn't bring nearly enough cml's to bring down one of those armies.
Never forgive, never forget.

My ever evolving 2k Tourney Dark Angels

IndigoJack

IndigoJack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 971 posts
If necron fliers were the only one to worry about that might be true. However, IG can run a similar tactic with valkyries/vendettas and so can blood angels and grey knights with storm ravens. I'm not saying that the aegis defense line isn't god, I'm just saying that the deathwing don't receive enough of its benefits to make it worth the cost.

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
I think i ill try the missle spam the aegis is not fit for deathwing. I also think ill swap a TH/SS in its squad for a LC (the seargeant would be good choice) to strike at iniative in challenges and also to have different invulnerable saves in the squad in order to take the inv saves separately and not all together. what do you think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users