DC drop pod tactics

ianj253

Says in the DC Codex entry "Boltgun or Bolt Pistol", so either or is good. However, it also says "Any DC may exchange his Bolt Pistol and/or Chainsword with any..." Doesn't say anything about exchanging the Boltguns for anything.

My estimation is they cannot change their bolters for anything, but exchanging the bolt pistols for infernus pistols is totally fine. I've only just started so I may not know for certain, but the Codex seems quite clear(?).

That gives me the impression that they cannot weild 2 CCW for the extra attack if they always have to carry a boltgun - hopefully I'm wrong!

Says in the DC Codex entry "Boltgun or Bolt Pistol", so either or is good. However, it also says "Any DC may exchange his Bolt Pistol and/or Chainsword with any..." Doesn't say anything about exchanging the Boltguns for anything.

My estimation is they cannot change their bolters for anything, but exchanging the bolt pistols for infernus pistols is totally fine. I've only just started so I may not know for certain, but the Codex seems quite clear(?).

That gives me the impression that they cannot weild 2 CCW for the extra attack if they always have to carry a boltgun - hopefully I'm wrong!

No you are correct.

You can not wield an IP and a Bolt Pistol, you can only wield IP and Boltgun, and you can not Gunslinger Mode a Boltgun and an IP.

So you can only fire the Boltgun twice or the IP once, meaning you either lose the AP1 or the extra volume of attacks.

Losing an extra S4 AP5 shot in favor of an S8 AP1 shot is more than OK in my book, I just wanted to point out that you can't dual wield these weapons Halo style.

No you are correct.

You can not wield an IP and a Bolt Pistol, you can only wield IP and Boltgun, and you can not Gunslinger Mode a Boltgun and an IP.

So you can only fire the Boltgun twice or the IP once, meaning you either lose the AP1 or the extra volume of attacks.

Losing an extra S4 AP5 shot in favor of an S8 AP1 shot is more than OK in my book, I just wanted to point out that you can't dual wield these weapons Halo style.

I Got confused by all the and/or in the entry and thus my current setup is indeed illegal. However, I will change that to bolter and IP. IP range is only 6" so having the option of shooting twice at 12" and once at 24" is valuable for a model on foot.

EDIT:

... and that's why we always should doublecheck in the codex proper.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Each DC comes stock with two weapons: 1. a bolter or bolt pistol and 2. a chainsword.

Every DC marine may replace its bolt pistol and/or chainsword with one of the special close combat weapons... so you can have a PF + Bolter, Power Weapon + Bolt Pistol, or dual-wielding Thunder Hammer DC marine.

In addition, for each 5 models, one DC marine may replace his bolt pistol with a special ranged weapon.

So no IP + Bolter or IP + Bolt Pistol DC. The only valid IP-wielding DC marines are IP + (Chainsword/PW/PF/TH)

Archived