The Horus Heresy Volume I: Betrayal - with Alan Bligh

Zhoolda

This World Eaters color scheme seems interesting.

gallery_49799_5160_3007.jpg

Oh nice finally a scheme I can paint. Where is the destroyers black mentioned? Which book?

For you, sir.

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/20...rayer-prologue/

Just out of interest did you find out about the colour scheme in the FW book before you wrote that piece or did they base the colour scheme on what you wrote, or are you both working off a third source?

This World Eaters color scheme seems interesting.

gallery_49799_5160_3007.jpg

Oh nice finally a scheme I can paint. Where is the destroyers black mentioned? Which book?

For you, sir.

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/20...rayer-prologue/

Just out of interest did you find out about the colour scheme in the FW book before you wrote that piece or did they base the colour scheme on what you wrote, or are you both working off a third source?

All will be clear in the fullness of time.

EDIT: "All will be clear in the fullness of time" means: "I'm a good boy, and I like my career. GW- and FW- and BL-approved info, only."

Hence my silence. I'm not trying to be annoying.

Oh wow. Me likey. I'm assuming that it's a First Company thing, just like the Templars for the IF and I forget what the Sons of Horus terminator elite were called but they were black as well. In either case, I am really excited for Betrayer. Butcher's Nails was good and Void Stalker was my favorite NL novel by a fair margin (as it finally portrayed the Night Lords as I always imagined them), ADB started strong but seems to have actually improved to the point that I'll read pretty much anything he writes since it has yet to disappoint. Oh and on the whole sycophancy note, please don't make all of the World Eaters drooling idiots ADB. Pretty please. With a cherry on top.

Here's something about the Typhon Heavy Siege Tank from the FW Newsletter i got.

Named for the Great Beast of Ancient Terran myth, this immense siege tank was developed by the Mechanicum alongside the Spartan, with which it shares a basic chassis design.

The Typhons primary armament is the massive Dreadhammer cannon, and was created in response to a request from the Primarch Peturabo, master of the Iron Warriors. He demanded a Legiones Astartes war engine that could rival the great batteries of the Imperial Crusade Army in firepower, but manoeuvre and deploy at the speed of a Space Marine force.

Words such as "Fire" and "Angels" are a bit different than a rather specific name such as "Typhon". It might be that the tank is named after the character, which I'm starting to doubt since Perturabo requested the production of this tank and we haven't had tanks named after individual marines.

It might also be possible that Calas Typhon only started using the name "Typhon" later on, not specifically related to the tank, but maybe after leaving Terra or something?

Oh dear...bank account alert...wages reallocation needed...

I just hope that they aren't as poorly edited as the Imperial Armour Books, although I did see the typo of 'vengence begets vengence'...great start guys, try using a dictionary next time...sigh....

SO the only way to get "my precious" erm I mean the book is to jet over there for Saturdays event? Damm and here I lent the jet to *insert someone famous or important person (s)* for the weekend! :P I don't suppose I could use my warp powers either as there just hasn't been enough bloodshed over here (all painting no playing). Sooo the question is...is anyone going there this weekend and willing to pickup another book? I'd ask the proverbial *whats a gal gotta do to get a book around here..* but I'm sure my husband wouldn't approve and would probably then want his SW painted even faster then. I am willing to fork over price+postage+some$$ for your time, via paypal so you would have the money asap. BTW if I have broken any cardinal rules about asking to but something etc plz lmk and I will submit myself back to the pain glove and the padded (painting) room.

Archived