The Horus Heresy Volume I: Betrayal - with Alan Bligh

Zhoolda

The guy definitely looks like Garro.

Why Garro? Wouldn't most of the Legion officers look like that? Is there some art that shows Garro looking like that or something?

Yep. The front of one of the audio-dramas has a picture of Garro that looks very much like that mini.

Ta, that makes sense.

I saw someone pondering this over at Dakka,

Do you think a second set of models will be released by FW to represent the traitor Legions AFTER their deals with Chaos have been brokered?

The Word Bearers for example got a little loose with their dedication to Chaos being represented on their armor.

The Emperor's Children went full decadent after the drop site massacre, including Noise Marines coming to fruitation by the Laer inspired performance aboard Fulgrim's flagship. Not to mention that Fabius had already begun to augment some of the EC during the encounter with the Laer.

Thoughts?

Well I might have guessed right for the EC as the rules for Fulgrim have him equipped with the Laer blade.

Some more info on what you can expect from this book:

Sons of Horus -

Justaerin Terminators, Dreadclaw Drop Pods

Horus, Abaddon, Loken

World Eaters -

Rampager Squads

Centurion Shabran Darr (loyalist character), Angron

Emperor's Children -

Palatine Blades (squads of Lucius-type guys)

Fulgrim, Rylanor (venerable Contemptor), Saul Tarvitz

Death Guard -

Deathshroud Terminators

Mortarion, Crysos Morturg (loyalist character)

My bad, they are called "Volkite Chargers".

I've learned a bit more about them now. There are four classes of Volkite Weaponry:

- Volkite Serpenta (Pistol)

- Volkite Charger (Assault 2)

- Volkite Caliver (Heavy 2)

- Volkite Culverin (Heavy 4)

They all have the 'Deflagrate' special rule: Any unsaved wounds caused to a unit by these weapons causes the same amount of additional wounds to be caused to the unit (these additional wounds are treated as normal wounds and do not inflict further wounds).

Volkite Weapons are Beam weapons created on Mars and date back to the Age of Strife. They are incredibly difficult to manufacture and the demands of the Crusade overwhelmed supplies of these relic-guns. By the time of the Heresy they had been largely superceded by the Bolter.

So it seems that at one stage before the Crusade got into full swing, these Volkite Weapons were the main armament of the Astartes!

My bad, they are called "Volkite Chargers".

I've learned a bit more about them now. There are four classes of Volkite Weaponry:

- Volkite Serpenta (Pistol)

- Volkite Charger (Assault 2)

- Volkite Caliver (Heavy 2)

- Volkite Culverin (Heavy 4)

They all have the 'Deflagrate' special rule: Any unsaved wounds caused to a unit by these weapons causes the same amount of additional wounds to be caused to the unit (these additional wounds are treated as normal wounds and do not inflict further wounds).

Volkite Weapons are Beam weapons created on Mars and date back to the Age of Strife. They are incredibly difficult to manufacture and the demands of the Crusade overwhelmed supplies of these relic-guns. By the time of the Heresy they had been largely superceded by the Bolter.

So it seems that at one stage before the Crusade got into full swing, these Volkite Weapons were the main armament of the Astartes!

Sounds intriguing. It's great the FW are resurrecting old RT weaponry (I'm pretty sure these were in the pictures, if not the rules). It also provides a lovely alternative armament the Guilliman Heresy project could exploit. :P

It also provides a lovely alternative armament the Guilliman Heresy project could exploit. :blush:

According to last rumors from the Net the Guilliman made not only bad things with legions. i.e. he added special and heavy weapons to the Tactical squads. The Tactical squads from the "Betrayal" has not access to the special and heavy weapons, we have to start thinking in different way as in 40K games :P

I want a load of them Heavy Bolters and Auto Cannons.... ok who am I lieing to I want it all hehe

Chuffy

Join the club. I think I need to find a high paying job just to satisfy my wants from FW. Or win the lottery. B)

Archived