Dechande's true scale thread. 11/09 War walker cockpit added

Dechande

First off, this model, like your previous works, is jaw dropping. The fact that this is scratch built simply blows the mind.

But to be honest Im not a fan of how big the power fists are. It might just be my mind playing tricks on me, but they seem a tad too large. Brilliant work everywhere else. And the detailing work is phenomenal.

First: bravo! It's clear that you have good sculpting skills, and the attention to scale is impressive.

However, I find the power fists to be slighty "off" in terms of scale and style, particularly the fingers.

I can't wait to see it painted!

Again, well done.

HIS FISTS ARE AS BIG AS HIS TORSO

THAT IS AWESOME

Od.

P.S. You know, the rest of the model is fantastic as well, and while on a bone-deep level I may both envy and despise you for your skill, I also respect you. Fine, fine work.

• 3 weeks later...

Two things:

1: I've been working with procreate for a fair amount of time now. How do you get such a smooth finish?

2: I think getting one of those 3rd party muzzle flashes would go a long way to making the model look like he's firing his bolter.

Excellent work!

• 4 months later...

Ok, I know it has been a while. I got the resin casts today and I'm really pleased with how they have come out, the resin itself is very high quality and I've yet to find and bubbles. The right hand had to have some sprue added in order to get resin into all the fingers inside the mold, clipping it off is easy enough.

There were delays for several reasons, I had to modify some parts of the model for casting too, you'll notice a couple of extra purity seals that have been used to fill some gaps that were tearing molds. Here's the pics, let me know what you guys think :smile.:

gallery_62466_7720_241041.jpg

gallery_62466_7720_83875.jpg

The fit is perfect, although in the above pic the gap at the waist is where the model is lying on it's back and I wasn't paying attention.

gallery_62466_7720_43771.jpg

gallery_62466_7720_1329.jpg

The head can be seen here on the bottom right.

gallery_62466_7720_12474.jpg

gallery_62466_7720_68901.jpg

gallery_62466_7720_25040.jpg

I'll be getting one cleaned up for painting as soon as I have time. I can't wait to finally finish one, I started this project over a year ago!

Are you planning on selling them at all?

Yes I am, don't know how yet though. There was a local shop that had agreed to carry them, but they closed down :-(

I think I'll have to do it privately for now, and on ebay perhaps.

Sir,

incredible. I'll be following closely! I'd love one of these monsters for my Space Hulk collection.

Neither a UM fan or detractor but it beats the dog out of the Failcast Calgar I've bought and thrown away twice.

have you considered making the mold, and doing the casting by yourself? as a fellow sculptor i can tell you it is a lot less challenging that one might think. I cant say much about companies based in the UK, but here in the states, a company called Smooth-On makes excellent molding and casting products. I am a huge fan of their stuff and use if for most all of my projects. All in all, what im saying is mold and cast yourself. The knowledge is absolutely invaluable and it will save you a FORTUNE. if you have any questions at all feel free to PM me.