Cypher 102's Path to Redemption

Cypher 102

Thanks!

My December vow is completed. Normally I can crop and clean up the pictures but my computer died and the library computer doesn't have the phote editing software.

gallery_25138_7742_718516.jpg

The arms were already painted but the bodies and bases are new.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As said - i like it!

The White looks very nice, and so does the robes - mind sharing how you did those?

A few comments if i may ;

The bases looks like they could use more highlight/drybrush, with say Codex Grey followed by fortress grey (whatever those are called now..)

And if you painted the leather on the corvus hammer handles, you could make them "pop" more - now they sort of just blend in. If that makes any sense.

Anyway - good job :)

Thanks for the comments.  The white is a solid undercoat of Celestra Gray followed by a drybrush of Ceramite White.  The robes are an undercoat of Iyanden Darksun followed by a solid coat of Bleached Bone.  I then places Gryphonne Sepia wash in the folds.  The bases Adeptus Battlegray with a drybrush of Codex Gray and then a wash of Nuln Oil.  I'll have to put some thought into any further drybrushing of the bases.  I was planning on painting the hammer handles brown or a dark red but that was kind of forgotten.  Should be easy to catch up as the hammers are magnetized on.

Next project is to get my apothecaries up to date with the new codex.

awesome stuff Cypher,

Dark talon looks really good!!

the dark shroud is great too but it looks like the white on the statues could do with some form of inking(it may just be the camera pics though) as the white looks to not pop enough....

red handles on the hammers is my vote thumbsup.gif

cheers, Mithril

I think it is the picture because I'm actually pretty happy with how the statue came out.  It's like all my other whites which is Celestra Gray with a Ceramite White drybrush.  I used to do white as Chaos Black with slightly watered down layers of Skull White.  Sometimes is came out good sometimes it didn't.  I'm enjoying the more consistent effect with the new recipe.

Interestingly enough the little flimsy sword on that statue broke after I took the picture.  I was pissed off for about one second.  Then I realized that it actually kind of worked that way.  I can imagine the Ravenwing being puzzled as the Deathwing show a little more deference to this particular statue now.

Archived