Tempting offer

Jacinda

This is what I have -- if I remember correctly and am not forgetting anything ... but it should be close.

==================

1 -Saint Celestine

1 - Uriah Jacobus

2 - Inquisitors

8 - Priests

4 - Crusaders

6 - Sisters of Sigmar as Crusaders

6 - Death Cult Assassins (3 of each - unmodified)

6 - Daughters of the Flame (from Hordes - axe and sword)

6 - Arco flagellants

48 - Bolter sisters without helms

6 - Bolter sisters with helms

3 - stormbolters with helm

16 - flamers

12 - melta

9 - Heavy flamers

6 - multimelta

6 - heavy bolters

2 - banners

6 - Imagifiers (Sim. Imps.)

9 - Superiors with powersword and bolter

3 - superiors with combi-meltas (converted)

2 - superiors with combi-flamer

2 - superiors with mauls

7 - Seraphim with bolt pistols

3 - Seriphim with hand flamers

1 - Seraphim Superior with plasma pistol and powersword

1 - Seraphim Superior with eviscerator and bolt pistol (converted)

17 - Repentia (+1 Mistress)

3 - Penitent Engines

3 - Immolators

2- Old style SoB rhinos (like 2nd Ed with the hand rail and runing boards)

2 - SoB rhinos

2 - Exorcists (GW pipe orhgans)

1 - Jump pack Canoness

1 - Dialogus

1 - Hospitlar

2 - repentant psykers

1 - calculator servator (from the Inq. henchmen, I forget what it's called)

3 - Cherub models (no longer used -- based on 40mm for objectives)

30-40 resin bases

Old SoB codex, Witch Hunter codex, current codex in binder

Various bits, weapons for the Immies, and other stuff that comes from running an army for 10 years or so.

All of this goes into a large, water-proof instrumentation hard case. The case weighs a ton but I used traveled a lot with it and it will survive the most abusive baggage handlers in America.

I have been offered $1250 US and a Glock 27-40. I don't care for Glocks and carry a S&W 642 hammerless but this would be my roommates pistol. Still ... that's about $1750 for a fair painted metal army. If I knew that new models would be out before the end of next year I would have already sold them. But I have had some of these girls a long time. I don't actually need the money but then there are about to be some nice looking Chaos SM hitting the shelves so some extra cash never hurts.

On the other hand ....

Is it OK to let sentimentality turn down a good deal?

It's absolutely okay to let sentimentality turn down a good deal :) Personally I wouldn't sell my "I use and love these" armies for any price, they're mine. Too many stories and hours invested into them. I've parted with an army once, but it was one I wasn't attached to at all and only painted a squad worth of. I Ebayed off one that I never touched and again, wasn't attached to at all really when it came down to it. But the ones I use and love? No thank you.

Hard to really give advice, but in response to your question, it's absolutely okay to say "No thank you." I couldn't name a price on my Great Grandmother's Violin that I've had for 20 years.. it's not for sale. Same thing really.

I wouldn't sell them unless I actually needed the money for food, if I'm honest. You have a beautiful collection and you love them... on the other hand, as you say, you would replace them with new models if you could (which to me would be heresy! I love my old/classic models!). So, yeah, I can see why it's a tough decision.

Jacinda, I was in a similar situation around 7 years ago when I sold my Sisters of Battle and a cavalry Slaanesh army. For me I had just taken ill, and could not fully function like I used to. The illness really sucked up my strength to do things. Toppled with dizziness, and numb feet, lower legs, and hands. Well so all my armies got sold. Expect pieces of a marine army I was going to do. Got the two tactical squads still. When I sold them I never thought I see them again. The Chaos army I am still eh whatever about. I liked it but at the same time I never liked it. Not sure if that makes any sense. The sisters I started with codex Witchhunters. Now these I started to miss like last year. Also a big reason I went down to the store and purchased some tomb kings. I was recovering and wanted to reclaim my life. Now I am sure you remember when I posted I thought I never see those models again, and even some pictuers of them. Now I got them back and wish I never did sell them to begin with.

Don't knock sentimentality as life would be hollow indeed if we ignored our feelings. You will only regret it if you sell them - an army is a labour of love. Even more so for a metal one!

If you needed some money then maybe it'd be different but since you don't the answer is pretty clear in my opinion.

Yeah, it's usually a sign that you shouldn't go for it. Monetarily it is a good deal, but emotionally you weren't thinking so. Happens. There's probably some psychology thing there. I suspect we still have a while before the plastics come out, unless GW decides to experiment with models released with digital codices at Christmas... Not likely.

I need to develop some fond memories of my Sisters.

So it must have been a test from the Emperor, good to know you passed :P

I still can't wrap my head around the "Sisters for women" logic that seems to crop of every so often. If someone is genuinely interested in collecting then surely the best thing is to introduce them to as many armies as possible and let them decide.

Anyway I'm sure we can agree the moral from this topic is: don't sell your Sisters :)

I still can't wrap my head around the "Sisters for women" logic that seems to crop of every so often. If someone is genuinely interested in collecting then surely the best thing is to introduce them to as many armies as possible and let them decide.

YES!

My first army was Chaos Space Marines because they were what I thought to be the most colorful and because I could take any model, give them horns and a tentacle and they would work with the rest of my army.

^^; I did start out with Sisters. Sisters and Necrons and Morkers.

That's mostly because I started with WD218 though, and I swiftly moved onto Eldar, only coming back to Sisters relatively recently (in the last 3 years, more or less).

Looking at your massive amount of models. I can only take a guess that is worth around 3k dollars if it was all bought today. That is not including the stuff you can no longer get. Not sure about the painting. My sisters I added up what it would cost me now and it came around 1200. So since yours is about 3 times the size of mine. I took a guess on that.

Archived