Sanguinary priest spam?

Axira

You must consider that the FNP is a second save. So you get a normal save and then a 5+ FNP! As with the 5+ cover save you must choose it, but you get to use it with vehicles and ID wepons!

Is there any reason you asume I am not aware of this?

In short, I am not that sold on FnP. As mentioned I like 1 where it has added value.

Looking at this topic name "spamming Sanguinary pries" I am not a fan of it.

The points you could spend on 2-3 priests are comparable with 2 libs, who are a better allround choice and add more power to the list overall instead of a unit buff.

The topic is about the possibillity to spam priests 9 priests for 3 elites slots!

You probably will never do this, but this thread is about beeing able to!

To me, the sanguinary priests are the main reason why I'm still playing Blood Angels. Sure we have Baal predators, death company, and sanguinary guard, but otherwise we are a codex marine codex with some different special characters.

I buy a sanguinary priest to cover at least two squads. +25 points for FNP/FC is barely worth it, and is in line with the new Chaos Icons. I rationalize the FNP as essentially an extra 5+ invulnerable save against just about everything that gets thrown at my troops.

My problem with priests is getting them into position with a mobile army, and I feel this is where Matt Ward seriously did us a disservice. We can't put them in Rhinos with a 10 man squad, or we lose the special and heavy weapons in tactical squads, or the second special in assault. We can put them in Razorbacks, but then the 5 man squad is too small to really benefit from the cost. Jump packs are expensive, and bikes more so, though you gain the Toughness boost. I'll never see why they cost as much as a character with multiple wounds and attacks when they only have a sergeant stat-line.

I usually run one on foot with my tacticals/devastators, and one on a bike in a 6 bike squad to support my jumpers and Sanguinor with FNP/FC and a cover save while gaining one of their own.

If the costs of the Chaos Space Marines are true, I feel extremely upset with the costs of my characters, troops and upgrades. I hope we get an update with the Dark Angels with close combat weapons on everyone, cheaper bikes and cheaper jetpacks for priests and honor guard.

we also have storm ravens, actual close combat dreads, melta's in our scoring assault troops. a different array of libby powers. infernus pistols. Librarian dreads, frag cannon dreads.. mmm yummy. the ability to deepstrike our, ahem, dedicated transport Land raiders. Give our assault seargents storm shields, re roll our reserves on jump troops and only scatter 1d6, have veteran vanguards in the fast slot. Fast Rhino Class vehicles+ Really cheap vehicles for assault squads and no jump packs, dreadnoughts in the troops slots.

but.... apart from that We are just like regular marines

Except, the can have a biker army, have land speeder storms, thunderfire canons, 12 seater land raiders and drop pods, can equip captains with artificer armour and a relic blade, can use combat tactics!!, have ironclads[maybe lucios drop pods:p] have storm talons, could field 6 shooty dreads, different psychic powers in book, [null zone and gate ftw!] cheaper thundernators.

and that is of course without the minor[cough cough] affect of the special characters in either book, especially in the vanilla codex.

I've been playing Blood Angels for over 16 years now. To me, Blood Angels were all about striking hard and fast with Furious Charge when it had the bonus initiative. Now that they took away our initiative bonus, we receive more attacks coming back at us, and FNP helps alleviate the worst of it. I used special characters for the first time in the .pdf dex, because with Corbulo and Dante making some nice buffing bubbles, we actually stayed playable, unlike the Dark Angels.

I need priests in my army to give my troops the punch and survivability to out perform Grey Hunters, Orc mobs, and Devilgaunt shooting. I think it is a valid problem that if we are going to be mobile, we need to make the priests mobile, and 75-85 points for a mobile priest with no power weapon is ridiculous.

well, it's a bit steep. but the moment the fnp saves 4 marines, you've made the points back, and now that it works on plasma and rends and power weapons, that's more likely to happen. also with the 2+ look out sir, priests are a lot more survivable.

you can't look at the points in a vacuum either, heck you can chuck 50 points of priest into a raven with a Massive area of effect. I've not used a priest for the last year and a half, used my slots on ravens and furioso's + death company and a squad of assaults for scoring, never been below 10th place in a tourney.

the points are what the are, if you can change around your army, or just get better with what we have, as a list we have a lot of unique tools at our disposal.

Have any of you tried a termi priest together with a terminator squad (of any kind) ?

I have and by Sanguinius is it powerfull!!! Considering it comes with a PW as well you only pay 20 points for the TDA and while hes only a 1W character that WS5 coupled with the output on the terminators is quite frankly insane! Againt the few things that negate their armour a 5+ coupled with another 5+ also stops ALOT!

Rending and AP1 and AP2 weapons are their only concern and thankfully those are pretty rare now :lol: Dawn of the BA Termies buwahahaha!

Rending and AP1 and AP2 weapons are their only concern and thankfully those are pretty rare now :) Dawn of the BA Termies buwahahaha!
You know you get FnP against all of those weapons now, right?

well seeing as im refering to a 5+ invul asve coupled with a 5+ FnP save in my post id have to say yes ;) im talking about them as concerns as while you still get 2 saves therye both only 5+ so the odds of failling them are still likely...

A priest with termi armor, I dont have the rulebook handy, but I belive someone said termi armor is 20p and then he comes with a free power sword for only 5p more than a normal sword! But since that seems way to stupid I belive that termi armor costs 35p and you pay 20p for 2+ 5++, but if you are running him in a termi squad I see no point of taking termi armor since he can 2+ LOS and will be hidden

Archived