Yellow Chaos!

smallvictory

It's been an age since I've painted anything and the rumors of a new codex got me motivated. I don't often finish anything so I'm kind of proud of the fact that a whole squad is finished including bases. This is my new and simple so I can play paint scheme and I know the barrels are not drilled and there are mold lines. I was in a hurry and got sloppy, oh well, they look good at a distance.

gallery_31750_4444_67884.jpg

gallery_31750_4444_23814.jpg

I used magnets for the arms, this shot shows the custom bases a bit too.

gallery_31750_4444_75869.jpg

Just started painting a small squad of heavily mutated berzerkers so stay tuned and tell me what you think, I can take it. Thanks for looking.

Thanks Kol, I'm not brave, I only really know how to paint yellow :P

Good to be back Ludovic, I'm going to try and avoid the WIP section for a bit until I catch up on some painting, so it's the HOH for me this time around.

Love the feedback Qruze, just spent some time on your blog, those wolves are great! I need to pick your brain and get you to tell me what kind of photo situation you're working with, the pictures are beautiful.

So here is the test mini of my version of a berzerker, I can't be having any non-Tzeentch nonsense going on so I've taken the spikey racks from the termies and green stuffed random spines all over to show he has been touched by his God. The red helmet is also unique to this squad, the squad should stand out enough to not be confused with the other squads in my army.

gallery_31750_4411_129076.jpg

So I have 5 more converted up and ready for paint, I'll post again when the squads done. I'm pretty sure I posted the models in my WIP post forever-ago if you want to dig that dusty post up.

@ A Kvlt Ghost - I chose yellow because the Tzeentch based marines in the original Lost and the Damned were yellow and that book and the games I played back then are what sold me on this hobby. Also as far as I'm concerned Tzeentch is all about mutations so going the Rubric marine rout was never an option, no self respecting servant of Chaos would hide from the gifts of their Gods. My counts as Berserkers are all on their way to becoming Spawn/Possessed and perform combat rituals prior to battle to justify the rules bestowed apon them. The warband symbol is a blue feather, just a nod to the Lord of Change and the name of the warband is the "insert sorcerer lord name here"'s Vultures. As far as the over the top bright color scheme, I have a lot of 90% done models and they really stand out on the table top. That's all I got for now, thanks for looking and I'm still waiting for inspiration on naming that sorcerer lord.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Benji - Thanks bro, most people lurk, I appreciate the encouragement when I get it though.

@ Ludovic - I like the bone pieces myself, they are fun to sculpt. Every one of that squad has a different mutation though (some not as cool :D )

Speaking of, here are three more, I've got two more 90% done but have to step away from the paint for the weekend so next week for the complete squad update.

gallery_31750_4411_29277.jpg

and close ups

gallery_31750_4411_76911.jpggallery_31750_4411_4063.jpg

Thanks in advance for any feedback or questions.

I love this. Like others, I looked at the title and thought "I'll take a peek at this... Probably a train wreck..." But I'm pleased to say I was wrong. I particularly love the green stuff work on your Zoidburg tribute :)

First of all, thanks for all of the feedback, yellow can get a little cartoony if you let it, so I get the scepticism.

@Lord Shamrockius - Ha! Who doesn't love Zoidburg, thats just what he is called for now on.

I finished the squad, got a little bit lazy and just used a transfer on the banner. I also had visions of some cool freehand on the chest piece of the standard bearer, but a couple of failed attempts showed me my limits and it ended up just black.

gallery_31750_4411_46187.jpg

Now I'm off to finish the rhino and defiler I left base coated over a year ago, the yellow is slightly different on my older models but it still fits in well.

Question, is it cool to post daemon allies and cultist? I've seen a few daemons before but no cultist yet, I've just put together abunch of them and will post them if it's not against the rules.

I forgot to mention - it's really nice to see chaos TDA without those spike racks. I'm leaving them off my own unit, I find they throw the composition of the minis off. Sticking them on your berzerkers was a much better use for them.

As far as I know cultists are fine, btw, people have been posting them in the DV threads.

e; What are your bases, by the way? I'm guessing they're resin, but I can't place them. They look good.

@ A Kvit Ghost So I failed on my mission to the store, I never made it there, sorry. The magnets you used should be good though, I had trouble with mine until I started glueing them into the body first, then sticking the magnets together adding glue to the outside surface only then sticking the arm on making sure there was contact while it dried.

So I got distracted with the Call of Chaos and focused on the WIP side of things getting ready for the 2nd. In the mean time I finished these two.

gallery_31750_7854_85782.jpg

gallery_31750_7854_9236.jpg

I really like the white/green I acheived on the screamer, I just kinda kept playing around until I ended up where I did. The Oblit is a bunch of past GS project rejects all thrown on a terminator, I'm making three more with lots of mutations to fit the army theme. Thats all for bit, I need to focus on prepping models more than painting for a while.

Archived