Marine allies for Sisters

coley

Afternoon fellow sisters, I have a question regarding allies. I would like to take a flyer with my sisters but the only way I can do that is to take allies. Which marine chapter would suit the fluff best? Or is there a better fluffy ally that I've missed?

By fluff, the closest ally would be Imperial Guard. While the Sisters of Battle have worked with various Space Marine chapters, there will always be tension because of the differences in opinion about the Emperor's divinity. Find a chapter or a successor that agrees with his godhood and that's you chapter. And don't forget, there is nothing stopping you from creating your own chapter just to ally with your SoB army -- they will still have to follow the allied rules for the codex used, of course.

I did think Guard would have been the best fluff wise and I do have a Guard army already, but it does seem that everyone is using Guard as allies and the reason I moved to SoB was because I like being different and using different armies.

I did think Guard would have been the best fluff wise and I do have a Guard army already, but it does seem that everyone is using Guard as allies and the reason I moved to SoB was because I like being different and using different armies.

The reason for that is becuase only IG are Battle Brothers with the Sisters. Without being Battle brothers, the benefit of Allies is of limited impact. IG plug the holes of the Sisters army better than Space Marines in any case. The SM psykers for instance can't buff or join any Sisters unit.

The aformentioned Avenger Strike Fighter has the benefit of being a Sisters army choice so no allies are needed to take one. It just eats up a Heavy slot

I have a roundabout suggestion, but stay with me here...

First, in your Sisters list take either Jacobus, or Kyrinov, or a generic Confessor. Model them up to look like whatever you want and call them an "Inquisitor" :lol: Jacobus even has stubborn, he just has a little bit worse armor (though he does come with a Rosarius so it works out). Take a retinue (Battle Conclave). Now.. you have an "Inquisitor" working with your Sororitas, who are listed in fluff as helping out the Ordo Hereticus and Inquisition from time to time. Now, other forces that help out the Inquisition would be the Grey Knights (obviously), or a few standard Space Marine Chapters (the Red Hunters and Exorcists come to mind quickly, but you could have others as well). This gives you a Sisters of Battle army with one allied detachment of Space Marines, and by taking a Confessor and doing a bit of fluff and modelling "counts as" you simply have a very religious Inquisitor, who can call up the Space Marine forces as allies.

Wham, bam, fluffy force without breaking rules :lol:

Cool, I did look at forge world but they only had the a couple of tanks, do we know where the rules are for the strike fighter?

Amusingly, no-one answered this question. The rules for the Avenger are in Imperial Armour Aeronautica.

Yep, Aquila is a Fast Attack choice for Sisters, or a Dedicated Transport for an Inquisitor. It carries seven models and may be armed with a single Heavy Bolter, Multilaser or Autocannon.

It's also slightly more expensive than a Night Scythe, whilst being significantly weaker (although it looks just as awesome, if not moreso... and I like the Night Scythe).

Yep, Aquila is a Fast Attack choice for Sisters, or a Dedicated Transport for an Inquisitor. It carries seven models and may be armed with a single Heavy Bolter, Multilaser or Autocannon.

It's also slightly more expensive than a Night Scythe, whilst being significantly weaker (although it looks just as awesome, if not moreso... and I like the Night Scythe).

The Aquila is a joke really. If it was a dedicated transport choice then it might be useful, but as a fast attack choice there are much better choices to be taking like Dominion squads. The other transport flyer, the Arvus, is also worthless. The only published flyer worth anything to us as part of our force org IMO is the Avenger. When we use Guard as allies there are quite a few decent choices. My personal favorite is the Vulture if we are talking Forgeworld.

Personally, my suggestion would be to convert an Aquila into a counts-as Vulture or Thunderbolt. I love the Valkyrie airframe, but the Aquila needs more love too! More variants! Maybe... one that has a role on the battlefield?

Hmm, I'll get back to you on that one. *toddles off to Homebrew for a while*

Archived