HQ counts as ideas

Aqui

Whilst I'm far and away from starting a Sister army, I've been thinking a lot about what units I'd like to have if when I get around to them. Being as I still know little about Sisters as an actual army and how they play, I've been reading as much as I can here about what others have been using, and that whilst they are official, Kyrinov and Jacobus (to me at least) go against the general "feel" of a sisters army (i.e. all female - I know how the Decree Passive applies, but still....)

So, to remedy this, I've been thinking of building two female counts as units to represent them on the battlefield. However, despite searching and searching, I haven't found any other examples. Are there any, or is it thus that Sisters players play them as they are. Do many people use them any way?

If When I get around to building them, I'd like them have the "feel" of their male counter parts (as in a similar pose, or attitude). Does anyone have any suggestions for parts etc?

There are three lady inquisitor models that are commonly used just for what you are asking. You must have had some bad luck with your search fu ^_^

One of the Inquisitors is wielding a a rather large inferno pistol which is easily converted to look like a shotgun. You just need to add a banner of some sort to the model or on a tall pole mounted on the base with her.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250123_99060108072_WHInqinfernopistmain_445x319.jpg

Another model you can use for Jacobus is carrying a crossbow and an powersword. he crossbow is held up and away and easily clipped away to be replaced by a shotgun. The pose with the powersword is almost like she is holding a banner pole. A little bit of filing to remove the powerpack from the sword is all that needs to be removed. Attach a banner above the pommel and she is ready.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250118_99060108071_WHInqpowerswordmain_445x319.jpg

The last model is also easy to convert into a Kyrinov. She is armed with a maul and plasma pistol. To convert her, all you have to do is replace the plasma pistol with a bolt pistol and she is ready for the game table. If you want to go all out, replace the maul's head with something ornate. It is easy enough to cut the mace head off of a Kyrinov model if you have one or don't mind spending the money to get one. You also need to add an "Iron Chiros" to complete the conversion. What the heck is a Chiros, you ask? Beats me. I call it that book on her right hip and were done.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1250113_99060108070_WHInqplaspistmain_445x319.jpg

Thanks Jacinda ^_^ I don't know what my computers problem is (besides being old and cantankerous ^_^ ), but my search-fu definitely failed this time. Some excellent models, and plenty of stuff to work with.

Assuming I am able to, I may do my own version of the Saint as well. I like the current model, but I'd like to have something more unique.

Edit:

The Iron Chiros might have something to with Planet Chiros, and could be an Iron Halo equivalent? (perhaps my search-fu hasn't totally abandoned me after all :D )

http://www.shadowforge.com.au/images/1fhw100.jpg

I use the middle one for my Jacobus. ^_^

There are lots of options, including moulding boobs onto some of the male models - the problem then becomes a head. I have a female Empire wizard sitting on my shelf perfectly complete (the 'boobs' were really easy because the body is mostly hidden by the arms anyway!)... except she's headless because the only head I can find that looks even remotely appropriate is Elspeth von Drakken's, and I don't have a spare £80 to drop on a dragon-riding empire witch just for the head (and even if I did, I'd need it again because oh, god, is the Elspeth model pretty!)

Fantasy elf kits are a good source of lightly armoured female bodies - the wood elf kits at least, and I think one or two High elf regiment kits have robed female bodies.

Or you could do something super-elaborate like this;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/IK%20and%2040K/My%20Projects/InqChastity.jpg?t=1293059725/

That's a Immolator driver front torso, tactical marine back torso, wood elf head, eldar guardian legs, immolator gloves, astartes combat knife and gauss flayer. Oh, and some milliput. She's since gained a Sororitas backpack.

Some more brilliant ideas, thanks Miko. I think that I might try both your suggestion of a kit bash and trying to locate some of the models that Jacinda has suggested. And yes, that model of Elspeth is awesome ^_^

I should go to sleep (11.5 hours shift coming up ^_^ ), but I'm too wide awake with all the ideas buzzing around in my head (they rattle as there's feth all else in there :D )

I might have to put my various (five) Marine projects on hold now, just to get this out my system....

Dark eldar or eldar female bodies are always good or in a pinch the male eldar bodies with sculpted boobs. Wood elf heads are good if you want cloaked heads. That is how I made my Saint Celestine model.

For shotguns a chopped bolter with some plastic tubing on the front works well.

Thanks again to everyone who's given suggestions and ideas. I'll be sure to post what I come up with as soon as I've kitbashed/converted them :P

Archived