Moridius's Dark Angels

Brother Moridius

November vow done! Sad how long it took me to paint robes and some arrows...

gallery_57102_7676_382969.jpggallery_57102_7676_50308.jpggallery_57102_7676_58261.jpg

Hope you like them. CnC always welcome. Thinking for December I'll do another the exact same thing for 5 more marines and hopefully I'll get some time off for Christmas and do a second small vow.

Cheers,

M

• 2 weeks later...

Another month another vow,

I, Brother Moridius vow to paint a 5 man scout squad with bolters (and maybe a landspeeder storm their magnetized to...) worth 80 points for the month of December.

Before pics:

gallery_57102_7676_27158.jpggallery_57102_7676_21855.jpg

Sorry if they are hard to make out because of the black undercoat. Still lots to do on both the speeder and the scouts, Im hoping to get both done before the new year but with Christmas and all its dinners/parties/shenanigans might be a tad tough.

Happy Painting,

M

• 5 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread with ETL vows and Holy Emperor I didnt post all my Redemption vows... I will get on that tonight... until then:

I Brother Moridius answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Ravenwing Attack Squadron led by a Ravenwing Interrogator Chaplain from Codex Dark Angels of total value of 481 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Legion...err Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Breakdown:

Interrogator Chaplain on bike w/ melta bombs - 135 pts

Ravenwing Attack Squadron

6 Bikes w/ 2 melta guns, Vet Sergeant w/ power maul and melta bombs - 211 pts

1 Attack Bike w/ multi melta - 55 pts

1 Landspeeder Tornado w/ heavy bolter and assault cannon - 80 pts

pics to follow, and before anyone asks, yes I do put melta bombs on everything that can carry them its not just a way to get more points. The amount of times my meltas have missed is statistically improbable.

M

Just a random fun thing to post, this guy wont get any love for quite some time and is obviously still very WIP but wanted to share anyways.

I made my chaplain dread out of the blood angels kit. changed the force weapon end to be like a crozius and glued it onto the piston arm thingy backwards so it was longer.

gallery_57102_7676_86824.jpg

M

Here are my Redemption vows

December - Scout squad

gallery_57102_7676_32342.jpggallery_57102_7676_27296.jpg

January - the full bike squad

gallery_57102_8186_51472.jpg

February/LPC

gallery_57102_7676_30780.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_2624.jpg

Really should have posted these months ago when they were relevant... oh well. Since then I have painted quite a number of green marines that I will hopefully post up soon, Ive even been doing squad markings and everything!

I will also take a good photo of my ETL soon and post it here as well.

Thanks for looking.

M

So here's my ETL vow. Still lots to be done, barrels drilled, arms (and rider in the case of the attack bike) to find, bases are somewhere too...

gallery_57102_7676_59451.jpg

Im quite excited to paint the Chaplain, Ive been painting rank and file troops for so long he will be a good break.

M

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So this may be thread necromancy but I didnt want to start another thread and reload photos... Im back to the Rock, well never really left but my little plastic men in green were put on the back burner while my group concentrated on fantasy.

First update I present to you is my version of the Stormtalon, shrunk the assault cannon, extended the tail and moved the missile pods. Just needs some RW badges and a mid of clean up work underneath and off it goes to sit on my desk for 2 more years before being painted!

gallery_57102_7676_19366.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_104105.jpg\

gallery_57102_7676_93447.jpg

Let me know what you think

M

Your storm talon looks awesome! That looks so much more rugged and battle worthy than straight out of the box. Actually, let me say ALL of your work is awesome! I'm still relatively new to this forum, so I enjoyed looking through this thread for the first time.

Now that you've dusted off the power armour, can we be expecting more?

I love it. Could've maybe +50% that extension for an even better look. But it's great and so much more convincing - for want of a better word - than the standard version. Great job.

(Nice to see old DAers returning)

Cheers

I

Thanks glad you guys like it, I spent so much time on it but really happy with how it turned out. Isiah the tail was actually about a half an inch longer (its 1.75" now) but I found it was getting a bit flimsy and stuck way over the base which bugged me. Im definitely going to be extending the tails of the Nephelim/Dark Talon now.

Greenz of course there will be more, I have most of this long weekend to myself so I plan to finish off a bunch of projects that are sitting at 50% and will make sure to throw them up here.

M

Dont worry Im no longer a fan of the black robes either and repainted them, check out post 26 for the bone robes. Both dreadnoughts are fully plastic, one is the venerable the other is the deathcompany one.

Had a productive day today and made these guys:

gallery_57102_7676_75329.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_116429.jpg

Ever since reading Ravenwing I wanted to do a dismounted squad for :cuss , magnetized the assault weapons and the heavy weapon so Im not stuck with that load out. Not sure what I will run them as, either a vet squad or an assault squad...

Also thought you guys would like this. Got this china cabinet for free because one of the back mirrors was broken, only had a few shelves so had more cut by a friend and printed off the coloured images of the Captain, LIbrarian and Chaplain as a banner for one side.

gallery_57102_7676_33268.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_39071.jpg

Cheers

M

• 1 month later...

I sure am bad at updating... tonight I present to you a fun little side project I worked on over the weekend after browsing the B&C forums for inspiration, its a captain with a plasma pistol and bolt pistol with a power sword! (cough* cypher cough*).

I am a little stuck on whether to put a skeleton on his backpack like the original model, I like both versions when I mock them up so figured I'd get some input from you guys

gallery_57102_7676_242127.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_27501.jpg

OR

gallery_57102_7676_63131.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_243646.jpg

Once I figure out what I'm doing I'll wrap the sword and add some chains and all that. Let me know what you think!

M

I like the look without the skeleton better but the skeleton does look pretty cool on there.  In my opinion, the skeleton takes away from all the work that you put into the weathering of the robes and cape.  Both look awesome!!

• 3 weeks later...

With all the talk of a new codex coming out next week I sat down and finished some stuff.

First up is my Cypher, kinda excited to see if we can use him in our force with the possibly new dataslate that comes with the LE codex.

gallery_57102_7676_831073.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_1041988.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_455702.jpg

Mind the pink cloth used to wrap the sword and its weird position, its only glued at the top of the chains on his back so I can paint everything easier, once thats done Ill make it a more natural angle.

And to have some units to chase him I finally finished the command squads for my RW and DW. Decided to go all robes like my 3rd company and I like how they turned out. The DW have their arms magnetized so dont mind the weird weapon load out.

gallery_57102_7676_95467.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_355107.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_68047.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_29754.jpg

Im onto making a crap load of black knights from all these DV bikes, finally a use for all the plasma pistols!

M

I really like the final Cypher - good use of RW champ helmet wings there- might remember that one... I also like the pink phase he is going through, a simple way to un-demon the sword. Here's hoping he is in the new Dex at a decent points slice for the ETL eh?

WOW, The original cypher model is my favorite model of all but yours.....your cypher conversion is drop dead gorgeous! And I like the termies too! very awesome army!

Edit: also my vote is leave the skeleton, it looks awesome! Even better than the original! 

• 10 months later...

Well I've lurked here for about 10 months without posting anything new so probably about time to update this glacier speed blog...

Finally finished Cypher:

gallery_57102_7676_171187.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_1799.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_262241.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_118006.jpg

And the command squad for my 3rd company, I really hate doing freehand stuff, the banner still looks terrible but thats my 3rd attempt at it and I dont have the will power to try again.

gallery_57102_7676_416222.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_273574.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_295911.jpg

Hope you guys like them. Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to try to upload a few more squads that Ive finished.

Cheers

M

I really like your Cypher model.  You did a great job on him.  Nice looking command squad too.  The robes look just right and bases tie them all together.  The green power armour looks really dark and menacing!  You should be proud of your work!

Archived