Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

35 links per inch for the chain.

It's mainly about the sculpting on the cloth that I'd change on some of the ones I've done so far, it's not quite as good as I'd like it to be and as somebody who is obsessive enough to do this in the 1st place it needs to be "Just right"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Been a little while since I've been active.. Moved house recently so all my hobby stuff was packed away in boxes ready for that for a fair while.

Getting back to doing some hobby has been nice, I've been building a Cawdor gang with some of the nice new upgrades and have put a bit of paint down on Kael.

kael3_by_typhion_dcx7n15-pre.jpg

Still a long way to go before he's finished but it's been nice to concentrate on 1 thing paint wise and just leave the other projects and random bits & pieces in boxes.. who knows maybe I'll have an organised painting desk if this keeps up :sweat:

Now that's a nice looking Terminator. I love the pose, and the Store Anniversary LT head fits (even if you can't see most of it :lol:)

Its actually a Reiver head with sculpted hair, I figured the skull style respirator would suit DG quite nicely.

Glad my reappearance has fueled some heresy Marius. Look forward to seeing what you work on your stuff is always cool

• 3 weeks later...

fb_img_1549555099057_by_typhion_dcz4k9w-

Been working on this for a little while on and off, basically updating my old fire angel captain as ive improved a lot since i made the old one, the greenstuff is a little rough atm but will smooth that out before i finish.. thinking of adding some swirly bits to the torso near the fire angel cross but not sure yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Redid a load of the chainwork on some of the earlier deathshroud.. got a few more bits to do but the 1st 3 are mostly done. Trying to push myself to get these "right" to a point where im happy with them and not irritated by small mistakes etc. Need to see if i've got enough resin meltabombs too..

20190227_160814_by_typhion_dd0u68d-pre.j

dd0u6ac-f81a9ddd-4d48-4ce1-8d35-5191da59

Thanks, its a ball ache to do, but is something ive obsessed over for quite a while (i've never been happy with the actual models being in tartaros)

Finished the chain on the 1st 5 now.. just need to add the trim to the wrist armour for all of them and they should be ready for paint.. also wenr back and added the knee joint shields to all 5 which the tartaros ones had.

20190303_185502_by_typhion_dd16ytr-pre.j

Some of the parts required some serious butchery to work & If i could cast some of the modified parts to a high enough standard i would in a heartbeat. Making the next 5 will be a lot easier as theres less to learn but will still make my wallet cry.

Finished off the trim on the wrists which meant it was time to get some painting started.. only done the basic stuff so far (blocked in shoulders, bit o trim & the basic gradient for the armour) happy with how they look for now, definitley nice to see that the shoulders dont look too out of place sculpt wise

20190309_230007_by_typhion_dd1pk7c-pre.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a long time since I've updated this, I had a screwed up back for ages and could barely do anything.. Throw in the birth of my daughter and it's been pretty damn hectic!

But we aren't here for life stories we're here for minis! So I figure i'd show what im working on during this lovely lockdown.

ddvh305-007f9354-883d-4ee1-9bd5-cb3b70a4

There's a lot of work that needs to be done on her before shes finished but i'm happy with the progress so far. Other than that I have been working on some tiles too & roughly basing the floor markings on the dark uprising mat

20200421_184843_by_typhion_ddvh3w4-fullv