Messor's Marines

Messor

I'll find me some sepia and give it a shot.

Cool :smile.: Tell (and show, if you can) us how it went. Oh, and I am in no way responsible for anything if you don't like the outcome :whistling::laugh.:

Ludovic

Edited by Battle-Brother Ludovic

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't gotten down to the LGS to pick up the new wash or the green I need for the Basilisk Champ, but I did get a couple of continued WIP shots taken before painting today. Short of the wash and perhaps some lens work, I'm satisfied with the Snipers.

gallery_57008_7698_1176916.jpg

The Devs and the Basilisk. Today I put the first layer of white on every Dev where needed, and colored the soft armor, so I'll get a pic of that soon. I haven't done highlighting before, and these fellas are going to need a lot of it, so we'll see how it goes.

gallery_57008_7698_687312.jpg

And not LPC related, but the Link marine is almost done, really just lacking maybe a more detailed attempt at face work, and the same green I'll need for the Basilisk to be used on 'Navigator's' last trailing cord there.

gallery_57008_7698_1736090.jpg
Edited by Messor

More LPC progress. Worked some on the devastators, small things, but then there's not nearly as much to do for them.

gallery_57008_7698_326482.jpg

First attempt at highlighting. I'm like a dog with a chemistry set: I have no idea what I'm doing XD. I think I can pull the highlight off with straight Eshin Gray, but I'm just lost how to go about it. Really thin paint? Dry brush? Probably not white, that seems to be clear.

gallery_57008_7698_1347712.jpg

Well... I am no expert painter but I used a very fine detail brush and put what looked like a needleheads amount of paint on the tip and did it that way.... I dotn reccomend it unless you have great vision, good light and a steady hand ;)

Keep up the good work brother

I'm no expert on highlighting; it's still something that I struggle with.  However, a very light drybrush with grey then white would make them stand out a bit.  I like what you've done so far ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, I gave up on the highlighting. I'll ask around at my LGS to see if I can get some hands on instruction. Mean time, I'm content. Vow's almost done! A few details left on the Basilisk and Chapter symbols on the Hounds and I should be done. Pictures soon.

• 3 weeks later...

And procrastination prevails. 1st LPC complete!

gallery_57008_7698_1821161.jpg

Feels good to be finished, and it was fun getting here. Based on this, I doubt I'll be doing many more Basilisks. The green proved more difficult to paint than anything on the white models. I was happy with with 'shipboard' base though, so definitely something to do with future models. I was hoping the Hounds would teach me highlighting, but it looks like that will take more time. I also wasn't as put off as I'd thought I'd be by the paint job.

The whole thing got me motivated to return to my other models(and the new Tau), get caught up on Cerberus and the Sons of Unity, and start on some bases. So, more forthcoming!

edit: Close up of the Basilisk

A Champion of the Basilisks

gallery_57008_7698_664072.jpg

gallery_57008_7698_221999.jpg

And I also completed the Link Marine.

The Link is done. I kind of feel like changing the name, but I like how he turned out.

gallery_57008_7698_801878.jpg

gallery_57008_7698_70440.jpg

Edited by Messor

• 9 months later...