Blood Angels Blog

Blindhamster

Really like the touches to BA-ify the DW parts. Aphael looks boss.

Looks awesome! Can you answer me if the new deathwatch marines are actually bigger than stadard marines or is it just because they are upright?

It's a multitude of things: They are slightly bigger (especially the chunkiness of the torsos and height of the collars) and more upright, but what principally does it is the ludicrously tall 'nub' at the top of the legs where you'd connect the torso. Trim that down and it starts to look much more normal.

Looks awesome! Can you answer me if the new deathwatch marines are actually bigger than stadard marines or is it just because they are upright?

It's a multitude of things: They are slightly bigger (especially the chunkiness of the torsos and height of the collars) and more upright, but what principally does it is the ludicrously tall 'nub' at the top of the legs where you'd connect the torso. Trim that down and it starts to look much more normal.

Can you still mix bitz from other SM ranges though? For example could I stick the Blackshield cape torso back with a Sanguinary Guard torso front?

Can you still mix bitz from other SM ranges though? For example could I stick the Blackshield cape torso back with a Sanguinary Guard torso front?

Haven't tried that particular combo, but I've mixed a couple of DW torso fronts with regular tactical backs and vice versa without issue, so it'll probably be just fine.

Ah my bad on that then, but I think it's more to do with the difference in armour mark / style than scale, if that makes sense?

The scale is more or less the same, depending on the kit in question.

Assault squad has midget legs.

Grey knights are giants I'm terms of legs.

Modern tacticals and vanguard and blood angels are about the same size as each other in terms of legs.

Vanguard and deathwatch are the same sort of size in terms of leg size, which makes them about 1mm larger than the tacticals etc even if reposed.

Torsos are the same size across the board, just the way front and back are separated for the new mk8 is different than the other kits which means you need to shave down the collar and where the neck is for them to fitm

• 6 months later...

So, I picked up shadow war and am really loving the rules, I've some games planned for warhammer fest and am now making the models for it! They'll obviously be able to double up as models for my actual army too, but here is the work on model #1 the sergeant (who needs a name...)

Power Sword, clip harness and frag grenades on the model so far...

med_gallery_14877_7794_161418.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_72787.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_199134.jpg

Nice conversion, brother! For a name how about Alistair or Eliphas?

Looking forward to seeing more.

My name is actually Alisdair, funny you should suggest such a similar name!

I need to sort out shoulder pads etc and maybe do some extra BA bling, plus sort the head out properly (I may switch to the BA one from the deathwatch kit)

Nice conversion, brother! For a name how about Alistair or Eliphas?

Looking forward to seeing more.

My name is actually Alisdair, funny you should suggest such a similar name!

Oh my god... I'm a psyker! better stay away from the Templar subforum... :P

Thanks folks :)

Capt. Jack, I'll maybe try a tutorial as I plan to add hair to the bald scout below and will probably be replacing the sergeants head and adding hair to it also. But tbh, its mostly just a gut feel thing, I decide on a style and then make the general shape, then I cut and prod it till I'm happy :)

So, here is the Heavy Bolter scout, very simple, I need to add his other shoulder pad, and a photo visor.

med_gallery_14877_7794_184804.jpg

I've got what will be a 'proper' scout, rather than a novitiate:

med_gallery_14877_7794_36998.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_49592.jpg

And then the sergeant as he currently looks, I need to clean up the pistol, fill a gap in the right arm, replace head probably with the same one I used for Aphael, but with a different hair style and add some kind of funky design to the shoulder pads.

med_gallery_14877_7794_106734.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_171831.jpg

med_gallery_14877_7794_85103.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_141961.jpg

Still waiting for some heads to arrive, also for catachan arms to arrive so I can make the sniper and novitiate member of the team, plus then I will need to make a few more. However My focus model wise will need to move to a side project I'm working on with LutherMax from tomorrow.

Crazy killer Scouts/conversions as usual. You always seem to capture how 'I' imagine the models/characters to look. They're simple yet complex if that makes sense. Seeing your work always motivates me to get back and finish my BA. Keep it up dude can't wait to see more!

Archived