Legio B&C Minis

if it's still open i'll take battle brother 8

Tactical Squad C.(plasmagun)

----------------------------------------

name:brother wing

chapter:blood angels

here's some rough background on him

anglea wing was broght up on one of baals moons and enjoid a fairly happy childhood until a small group of orcs attacked his village and savigely killed his family.he survived by hiding and swore revenge on all exenos races.no one knows much else about his past up until he competed and won the challanges to become a blood angel.he was set apart from his brothers as he studyed all xenos races to find weaknesses.indeed this tactic proved its worth and he was quickly noticed by the legio.upon his departue from his chapter he was gifted with an especially made plasmagun with an inbuilt chainsword to better destroy the enemys of mankind.

remember i did tell you it was rough.

Edited by wings of sanguius

• 2 weeks later...

i seem to be apologising alot recently... and heres another one

sorry i haven't been in for a while, i have been a little busy with the silly season, work and family issues etc.

good to see there are still a few applicants for the list, not so much the chaos tho (boo hiss). However if you have a search around I'm pretty sure there is something like the legio for the chaos tainted brothers.

i will sort the list out next time i come back (roughly 2 wks). i say this as my new years resolution, so i'm sure Neph will be cracking the whip as hard as he can to motivate me to the deadline.

i will try to nut it out over the working weeks as much as i can, i might even have to change a couple of rules to accommodate the new IA:B&C

have a great new years and i'll see you on the other side

DM :D

gallery_26_548_90647.jpg
At right is the mini I submitted to the original Legio Mini Me contest back in 2002. The highlights/blending were poorly done, although I liked the effect that the red highlight had on the black armour. I just have to blend it better next time around.

The mini is in the "Rogue Trader" era scheme (i.e., the original scheme we came up with, with bone colored chest and left pauldron field, and with the black and white checkerboard pattern right greave, though you can't see it that well). The white stripe on the helmet, effectively making him a Veteran Sergeant, was nothing more than an attempt to bring a bit more color to the mini, breaking up what I thought was a too plain all red helmet. I didn't really like "promoting" myself at the time, and still don't (so my persona remains a Veteran Sergeant, sort of).

Fluff-wise, the character was originally recruited from my DIY Iron Hounds Chapter (before that Chapter disappeared in the Tyrannic Wars). I later changed him to be from the Marines Exemplar when I changed the rest of my Iron Hounds army to Marines Exemplar (and also decided that I was no longer keen on making a DIY when there are so many under-developed Chapters out there). With about thirty years in his original Chapter, on the eve of his consecration as a disciple within his Chapter's warrior cult (effectively making him a Chaplain-in-training), a delegation from the Legio returned the body of a deceased Brother-Captain that came from Tyler's Chapter. It was decided that the coincidence was auspicious and Tyler was seconded to the Legio instead of entering the Reclusium.

He was aboard the Divine Hunter in the events following the Defense of Cadia during Abaddon's thirteenth black crusade when he lost his left arm (or was it his leg?).

Fluff-wise, I may have decided to have him become a Chaplain-in-training within the Legio, though I haven't pursued any storylines. I'm still not keen on "promoting" myself, so I'm content to remain a Brother-Sergeant (still more rank than I'm worth, but I goofed and painted that silly white stripe on the helmet).

A note on the mini - my cats (ahem...my "late" cats - neither is among the living now) destroyed the original mini when I had the bad judgment to leave him out for an extended period. I found everything but the backpack/banner, though it's in pieces. I'm pretty sure that I'll be re-visiting my "mini-me" one day, coming up with what I hope is a decent conversion for me and whatever rank I end up being (maybe I'll die and my skull will be converted into a servo-skull familiar for a new mini-me Librarian :huh: ).

Anyways, I'm kind of surprised that I never posted the picture/fluff here before. I guess I'm just lazy.

If a position is still open, I would like to request a position in either assault squad please.

Battle Brother Steffan Ritter of the Rampant Black Lions, VIII Company, Assault

As I understand we were previously equipped by our former chapter. Thus it is to our discression how 'we' are equipped, as long as the mini is duely modeled to represent this. If I am understanding correctly I would like to request to be equipped with a plasma pistol and a power sword. I hope I shall have more to follow.

Edited by S Knabe

Battle-Brother Steffan Ritter

Rampant Black Lions

VIII Company, Assault (Reserve)

Wargear: Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Storm Shield, Jump Pack

Brother Steffan recieved the summons in the usual manner, a junior member of the Reclusiarch approached him as he was instructing a new group of promising battle breathern in the ways of the jump pack assault. "I am not here to instruct you in the ways of the holy bolter, nor in the rituals of any other ranged weaponry. If this was so, Brother-Captian Mortikai would not have requested your presence."

"Brother Ritter, the time has come. Follow me, for you, a great honor awaits."

Steffan turned to face the battle brother that had interrupted him. Coming face to face with the stern, yet inspiring skull helm that easily identified the man, "Let us proceed at once, I would not want to appear disrespectful and undeserving"

Steffan felt proud, for he believed that he had earned his right to the Cruix Terminatus and join the verteran ranks of his chapter, When they entered the Great Sanctum, however, he was only greated by Brother-Captian Mortikai, Chapter Master Leonidus himself, and two other battle brothers of the Adeptus Astartes whom's heraldry he did not recognise.

Lord Leonidus addressed him, "Brother Steffan Ritter, for your dauntless courage during the reclaimation campains of Arrakis from the rogue whitches known as the Dark Eldar, for your relentless extermination of the heratic minions of the ruinous Dark Gods on Haven Prime, and for your unyielding faith in the God Emperor, you have been chosen to represent our chapter in the Legio: Bolter and Chainsword."

Chaplain Emanuel now presented him with an assortment of wargear, of the highest quality, that he had never been privelaged to employ. "I now bestow upon you Pheonix, a palsma pistol so that you may deliver the cleansing fire of the Emperor. Archon, Sword of the Emperor's Word, so that you may bring the judgement of the Emperor to the non-believer. Titanus, the Shield of Faith, so that no mutant or heratic may bring harm to the Emperor's faithful servant. Lastly, I bestow upon you Gabriel, Wings of the Archangel, so that no one may exscape the wrath of the righteous."

As Steffan recieved the last of the wargear and finished equipping it, one of the unknown marines now prepared to speak. Both of their suits of armor was of the darkest black. The chest iconography of the purest white. Their helmets, right knee pads, and trim the red of blood. The chapter badge was a white skull and crossbones with an "X" on the center of the forehead with a "B" above and a "C" below, all in the same blood red. The battle brother that now spoke to him bore the symbol of the Inquisition on his armor as well. "Brother Steffan Ritter, I welcome you to the Legio. Soon enough you will understand the honor that has been bestown upon you. You will learn our names and much more soon enough. We must make haste and embark the 'Pillar of Purity,' for we have much to discuss, and very little of precious time."

This was my first attempt at writing 'fluff' and I kind of feel that it more sounds like and entry for the AoD...............

Alas, now for the fun part, converting, modeling, and painting! You will have to please excuse me if I take some time to post the pictures and such, because actually doing this miniature will be equally hard, since I am still partaking in cleansing Arrakis as I type. If this intrigues anyone, feel free to ask me, I will gladly fill you in, but not in public forum.

edited to fix spelling error

Edited by S Knabe

• 1 month later...

hey guys just a quick one to let you know that the list IS being compiled and pm's will go out to those who have joined us but haven't committed anything. if you are one of those who have only submitted 1 or 2 things, get the rest done asap and post it up!

any questions on anything at all, feel free to PM myself, Nephren-ka or other mods/admin (hello Bro.T :) )

DM

I was reading this thread yesterday and was inspired to create a Mini-me... Strangely, he's almost finished :cry:

Would I be able to enter him aswell?

Preferably in a Tactical Squad of some sort.

He doesn't have a Deathwatch shoulderpad though, and I really don't want to order one... (too lazy :lol:) could I just paint some sort of Legio symbol on it instead?

I'll post up some WIPs if I can find a decent camera... Or even finished pictures if I can't before he's done....

Until then heres some fluff for him...

Brother Scorpio of the Dragon's Children took part in several courageous actions during his time in the chapter, he took part in the campaign to re-take Kraal IX from Chaos along with numerous other actions. His pivotal role in many of these campaigns showed to his superiors that he was a warrior worth watching. His last action for his chapter was the final battle to free Arctul Prime from the Tau, his squad being cut down by the superior firepower arrayed against them he charged alone against a team of Crisis Battlesuits, none of the Tau escaped and Scorpio was mortally wounded. In the aftermath of the battle he was discovered kneeling atop a pile of broken Battlesuits, congealed blood coating his armour and his chainsword. Taken back to the chapter's Battle Barge "Redemption" he was brought back to full fitness, but the chapter had other plans for him. Chapter Master Pertinax had been approached by some shadowy Astartes to provide a recruit to the service of the Legio. Scorpio was the ideal candidate so he turned his back on the "Redemption" and left with the Legio to fight for the Emperor for all eternity.

I see that your bike squad is still not yet at full strength. We have a young blood claw, still short in the tooth, but quick with a power sword, who rides to battle on one of the emperor's machine steeds. Young Thorgeirr would make a fine addition to your legion.

Thorgeirr Gunnarrson, Blood claw biker, Armed with either a power sword or a flamethrower, mounted on a Space Marine Bike. The power sword is a viable option for blood claw bikers. If that doesn't fit with the grand scheme of things then I can give him a flamethrower instead.

SpaceWolfLars

Ah! Err... Um... I'd better get on with the model. Attempts to find the 'bitz' have failed, so one of my current scouts will go under the knife (or clippers).

I do have a query though: exactly how much fluff do you want?

• 3 weeks later...

If I may, I would like to submit Brother Estes formerly of the Sanguine Knights. He will have a Heavy Bolter, or other heavy weapon if you need it.

Will work on the fluff but how do you represent a Medic-Machinegunner with multiple years of exp?

Will get pics of mini-me as soon as I figure out Bleeping camera! :nuke:

post your mini me's in. dont worry about us fitting you in unless your trying to make some type of officer class as we can always use tacticals, assualt, devastators or even armor and scouts

• 2 weeks later...

may he be in devastator squad a, heavy weapon with a multi melta melta? ok, ty

name: brother saevus

formerly chapter: shadow angels, blood angels successors.

legend: brother saevus was a battle hardened veteran, who served under sanguinius' own hand. he was one of his warband. saevus was born, in the same time as sanguinius. he grew up with the famous warlord. when the horus heresy began, sanguinius said to him the he must stay to aid their brothers in the defence, while sanguinius was gone to the ship of horus. when he heared that sanguinius was dead, he swore his wrath to the enemies of the imperium, and he joined the legio b&c to make that task true......... no one saw his real face under his battle damaged helmet, and swore to Dante that he would purge. purge in the name of sanguinius, and in the name of the legio.

ok, here he is(srry for bad picture quality)

saevus WIP 1

saevus WIP 2

seavus WIP 3

saevus WIP 4

now with paint:

brother saevus 1

brother saevus 2

brother saevus 3

brother saevus 4

Edited by forgotten soul

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I really love this idea so I'm gonna have the mini done by this weekend... should have all the bits on hand for what I have in mind.

Any Veteran (prefered) or Tactical spot would be fine. Randall is armed primarily with a sniper rifle (would be using deathwatch bolter and ammo rules, so any Veteran or Tactical spot is legal for this).

Name: Randall Garoth

Former Chapter: Aesir Knights

Origins: Randall was the younger of two brothers from a well-known family. The two brothers constantly sought to surpass the other and prove themselves worthy of the Knights Calling. But being several years younger Randall was never quite as strong or experienced as his brother Dracmore and would rarely find himself not at a disadvantage, but that never discouraged him.

When the Knights would recruit Dracmore but leave Randall behind he felt struck low and for a time thought he would not be found worthy of the Knights. When he finally fought off the sense of failure he once again pushed himself to be the best he could be. But realizing that there would always be someone stronger then him he decided to take a different route then his brother. Instead of relying upon strength he would develop his eye and aim. It would not be long before he was hunting to provide for his family.

When the challenges in the villages were called Randall eagerly entered all the contests he could, as all hopeful boys would. With his mind set on his path he never lost a contest that called upon his aim. The Knights take note of such promising youths and it wasn't long before he to was offered to join the Knights.

His training in the Knights was not unlike most others who have answered the Call. Randall was always seeking to be the best marksman he could be and prove that few could equal his eye.

When he was granted his bolter he quickly sought out the knowledge of the techmarines within the chapter, namely Malakite Dejorand. While in training he had learned much about the workings of this holy weapon but he wanted this weapon to be truly part of him, making it truly his own. Malakite saw much promise in this young Knight and did indeed help him to customize his bolter to better suit his skills.

Randall would continue to improve himself. When called upon to test his skills in battle his aim was always sure and his captains quickly came to rely upon him to strike down vital targets.

While all the Masters of the Knights are regal, yet isolated, individuals one stands out more so then most: Severus Gilynd. Perhaps with exception of the other Masters few in the chapter know of the comings and goings of Severus, only that he is a ranking officer among the Deathwatch. So when Severus came upon Randall he didn't know what to expect. Severus explained that those he serves seek the very best all chapters have to offer, that no potential is left untapped. He was being offered what few in any Chapter was being offered. He couldn't help but grin as he accepted.

Randall would learn the Severus knew about more then merely the Deathwatch and the route he would be sent upon would open his eyes to many horrors and trails that even hardened veterans of the eldest chapters would quake upon facing.

He remains a Knight in heart, but serving the Legio he still strives to prove his eye the equal of none.

WIP of Randall Garoth

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jeskasl/SANY0159.jpg

Completed Randall

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/jeskasl/SANY0242.jpg

Edited by Rindaris

• 1 month later...

Battle-Brother Matthieu of The Templars of Fires 2nd Company has joined the Legio Bolter and Chainsword!

I request the position of Assault squad b, marine number 4 please ^_^

If the request is accepted;

I will start on my marine and will post him here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wow lots of great models, well heres my take on the legio

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n457/chickenbgood/DSC01864.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n457/chickenbgood/DSC01865.jpg

i also am in the progress of making 2 more legio marines, a imp. fist and a red scorp, pics soon:)