Legio B&C Minis

So, here it is... hope it doesn't suck too much!

===================================================================================

… The battle was raging, and as a biker, brother Tigron was riding straight towards the enemy’s position, slaloming between corpses, wrecks and craters. Ahead of him was a brother named Krane, formerly of the Warp Spectres. Tigron didn’t know that Chapter, but he could say from the looks of him that they must have been greatly honourable. Except for brother Digitus of the Blue Monitors, he didn’t know the other brothers yet, though he was sure he would shortly come to it. But for now, his thoughts were away, remembering what had brought him here…

He came from Subgaria, like all his brothers of the Ice Tigers, a cold and windswept planet upon which the only trees you could find were forests of Subgarian pines… That’s where he had found his soul brother after a 24 days search, a magnificent black tiger, fast as the wind, and silent as dead. That was part of the Chapter customs: go naked on a hunt for a white tiger before you’re placed in a scouts unit, and once you’ve killed it, eat it and wear its fur for the next 13 days. At that point, your name will be revealed, and the soul of the tiger will merge with yours. Black tigers are considered a lucky charm, and the very few that actually killed one, are promised to a higher fate. Tigron was his revealed name, his former name was of no meaning anymore, and his next would be revealed at the day of his death.

When he had come back, Chaplain Roujio had read through his scars, and listened to the story of the hunt. He had then listened to his soul brother, and decreated: “this is one that shall hit fast. His destiny is to travel, like his soul brother did, and leave us some day.” Since that time, he had fought countless battles. Then, one day, the High Tiger of Subgaria had called upon him: “Brother, I’ve had a visitor. A visitor that asked for us to send one of ours to the Legio.” Tigron had heard about it. A force made of the best Space Marines living, an army that wouldn’t bend over for anyone, even for the Inquisition. Chapter Master Douka continued: “After discussion with Master of Faith Denkor, your captain, brother Kulas, and Reclusiarch Roujio, we have come to the decision that it shall be you that would bear our colurs…”

Tigron, very honoured by this decision, answered: “As you wish, my Lord. I shall be the one to bear proudly and honourably our colours wherever the fight might take me. I shall defeat His enemies in the name of the Legio, but always with all the ferocity of my soul brother, for there lies my strength.” And the very next day, he was sent to the little-known base of the Legio. There, his armour was repainted black, keeping its original blue colour only on his right shoulder pad. And after a few days of getting used to his new home, he got introduced to the rest of his squadron…

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when his comm. rang into his ear. The brother-sergeant had decided on which target they should move to…

====================================================================================

So, c&c, anyone?

Edited by Tigron

I'll have to do this too.

Im gonna be workin on a persona marine soon as i have come into some money.

Brother Sergeant Terrius Mendoza of the Crimson Fists

Id be cool to be a tac. sgt. or if not i'll make him a plasma gunner marine or something. Ill have to use my friends digi cam so i can make some wip shots.

I'd love to submit a model for this, preferably to fill up to Ordo Malleus Inquisitorial spot. Would this be possible?
sorry, these =][= spots will be open only to mods and admin (and perhaps a talented frater) you can, however, submit in the henchman spot

Coolio, no worries. In that case retract my submission - there's no way an interrogator is going to have access to terminator armour :blink:

Anyways, I have already painted and assembled (and posted) my Brother Digitus of the Blue Monitors chapter, and he's also on the list...

But somehow he was removed completely from the thread i posted him in :D

you'll have to PM joker about that one :lol:

I already did, and I have reposted him, as it turned out to be a mistake...

Oh, and here's a link, if anyone should be interested. I think I'll spend some of the holiday thinking fluff, as I don't have any.

Oh, and the WIP pics will only be of the bike, if I ever come around posting them.

Edited by Barret

Vincendi - Former Veteran Scout Sgt - Raven Guard - Current assignment Scount Squad Alpha, Legio Blood Company.

I'll toss my hat back in the ring on this again. The character was born out of the Index Astartes Collaberative Fluff Story as my part of it, so some of the following ties into that story-line.

Fluff First, WIP when I get home from work, and then painting when I get to it on the production line

========================================

Vincendi is an old man despite his marine given energy and vigor. Drawn from the home world of the Raven Guard, Deliverance, Vincendi worked the underhive mines as a youth, growing strong in body and spirit. However, he was given to have a kind heart; sharing his rations with the older members of his mining family and helping them pick up the slack of their duties.

Until a rival mining family decided to expand their territory and remove his family's stake from their possession. In what was called a freak mining accident, 3/4 of his family was wiped out. The rival family had sabotaged the explosives set up used in clearing a new tunnel, an event that drew a larger than normal work detail. Vincendi and several others where cut off in a side tunnel and attempted to work their way out.

The rival family had other plans and sent their hired thugs into the tunnels to remove any survivors. A week long running fight between Vincendi's small band and the gun thugs ended in a dead end tunnel shoot out. When the smoke cleared Vincendi walked out of the tunnels severely wounded using an old shotgun as a crutch. He had vowed vengeance in the blood of the last of his kin.

Several months passed as the rival family consolidated their hold on their new land stake. Several mining parties where lost, enough to spread fear through the rest of the mining teams and stretch resources to their breaking point. Rumors of a ghost in the mines, a wraith of the lost family seeking revenge.

More months passed, and the family began to suffer. They became indebted to other families as they lost more and more men and material. Finally, in the middle of one of the worst storms in the last century, the ghost struck. When the Arbites investigated the next morning, they found a charnel house full of a family slaughtered by knife and close range

shotgun bursts. Amidst the remains they found the crest of the forgotten family etched into the stock of a worn out shotgun.

Vincendi was taken by the Raven Guard that night. As overlords of Deliverance, they oversaw the planet and scanned it for taint, be it Chaos induced or plain human greed. Impressed by his survival skills, as well as his field craft in surgical strikes, the Raven Guard decided that he would make an excellent addition to the Chapter.

Vincendi excelled in the skills of a scout for the chapter. Marked out as a rising star, he instead turned down several promotions to a full battle brother over the course of his first 51 years with the legion. His refusals where borderline insubordination, and when pressed he simply stated he would serve the Chapter better amongst the scouts. None could deny his skills and several times he was left where he was amongst the scouts.

Eventually his refusals would be taken no longer, and after several weeks of penitent prayer under the careful watch of the Chaplains, Vincendi was elevated to the rank of full battle brother and assigned to a Tactical Squad in the 5th company. 10 years later he was promoted to Sergeant of his squad after leading a counter attack against the hated traitors of the Iron Warrior legion during the Purging of Medina IX. An action that saw his squad leader killed and the unit take 75% casualties in the process, but despite the losses and superior numbers in a fortified bunker, not a single Iron Warrior was left alive.

He continued to serve in this capacity for another 25 years before he was inducted into the first company. Here he learned, as all veterans must, how to use the revered tactical dreadnaught armor and as well as proficiency in the art of the Jump Pack as all Raven Guard veterans do. Vincendi however, did not like to use either of these, preferring the relative stealth of his revered Tactical Armor. It was believed amongst his fellow brethren that Vincendi had become attached to the machine spirit of the ancient suit of Mark-4 armor, the only modification of which was a replacement Mark-6 Corvis helm.

15 years later, Vincendi was considered as a replacement commander for the 3rd Company shortly after its leader was slain in battle. The Chaplains

+list updated with new names+

lets get some high ranking peoples in here to fill those spots

*cough*anymodsbrowsingbuthaventsignedup?*cough* ;)

@LupoLoopy: don't let that discourage you. are you still in tho?

@Tigron: the chapter's idea for the 25day hunt whilst starving, sounds similar to the chicken stranglers ;)

@Einstein: WIP aren't essential, but fun to look at and see the progression of the project

DM :wub:

Edited by Dominar_Mortis

i know this is probably a long shot but has anyone considered doing up index astartes article style artwork to show the different armour colour variations? i know the scheme is theoretically simple but looking at the variations about it would maybe be nice to have a "standard" that we can all draw upon

just a thought

cheers

millest

@ - Dominar mortis - : Actually, I took a bit of a few social models I studied in Ethnology:

-The traditionnal native american culture: centuries ago, young Natives had to go on a search for their "totem". It was more a spiritual retreat than a hunt, but then again, it's the adeptus astartes, so... Violence! :wub:

-The traditionnal Stone Age model: though not proved, it is almost certain that at the time, people had no names but their "totem", and were otherwise only called Son or Daughter (young children) and Father or Mother (elders). Furthermore, the children were raised by the whole tribe, and the notion of family as we know it was irrelevant...

That's the kind of society I have in my fluff about Subgaria, they're "neo-barbarians", understand: Mad Max, but with little violence and the precepts I enounced above. Maybe I should think of translating my fluff some time soon... As you can see, I like to read, and my cursus at University gives me many interesting readings. On the other hand, I have accounting and statistics classes, which are ;) annoying! Anyway...

Besides, what's "Chicken stranglers"???

Edited by Tigron

+list updated with new names+

lets get some high ranking peoples in here to fill those spots

*cough*anymodsbrowsingbuthaventsignedup?*cough* :wub:

@LupoLoopy: don't let that discourage you. are you still in tho?

I'm not discouraged, just having a rethink - if I'm going to paint up a model, I'd rather work with something that gives me a little creative freedom, and as I don't fancy scratch building a retinue member please stick me in a tac squad. I'll get building Brother Garrideus, formerly of the Purple Stars chapter, tommorow.

Edited by LupoLoopy

Besides, what's "Chicken stranglers"???
it's slang for the greatest regiment on the planet SAS and their Australian counterparts SASR. the term is used by people refering to one of the "tests"

@LupoLoopy: good stuff. i have added you in

DM :ph34r:

i know this is probably a long shot but has anyone considered doing up index astartes article style artwork to show the different armour colour variations? i know the scheme is theoretically simple but looking at the variations about it would maybe be nice to have a "standard" that we can all draw upon

just a thought

cheers

millest

I am already working on this...

heres my fluff for my Legio character, Brother Veteran sergent Melkor of the red hunters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

initially inducted in to the red hunters by Brother Librarian Locard his early years in the chapter were those of chapter legend, earning this veteran many promotions and commendations.

inducted in to the chapter after fighting along side the red hunters in the press ganged civil militia to defend his home planet, the librarian was impressed by the way this 13 year old youths combat prowess and the way this boy was able to inspire and command the respect of grizzled veterans of the PDF and even some of the inquisitional troops fighting alongside the red hunters. The librarian managed some what of a coup in taking the youth from under the noses of the inquisition, who were very interested in claiming him as their own, and inducting him in the way of the hunter.

after completing his initial training in near record time and showing a prowess in all areas of combat and tactical thinking that far out shone his peers, and some wisphered even his instructors, Melkor was given a choice. Progress to full battle brother status and join the 8th reserve company and man the chapters fleet, or remain in the 10th company as a squad leader and teach the upcoming scouts all he knew.

Unsuprisingly Melkor took the chance to remain with the 10th company where he could inspire, lead and fight.

Melkor remained in this role for 10 years training both red hunters scouts and also numerous lesser men of the inquisitional storm troopers. this helped solidify his reputation both within the chapter and the realms of the inquisition as been one of the imperiums best scouts and instructors.

Melkor finally progressed in to the ranks of the 5th company, much to the dismay of the master of the 10th company, after it suffered heavy losses fighting close to the eye of terror whilst pursuing a renegade inquisitor.

melkor had only been a battle brother 5 years before been promotted to bother sergent, 5 years after this he had attained the rank of veteran sergent and was schooled in the use of Terminator armour, since it is not uncommon for tactical sqauds within the red hunters to be lead by brothers wearing these ancient suits. whilst in this role he obtained his modified signiture weapon, a standard power armour powerfist modified to mount a terminator chainfist, a gift from the chapter artificers after melkor launched a sucessful counter attack to rescure the fallen remainds of 2 red hunters dreadnoughts and their attendent techmarine.

This swift progression of rank and his amazing skill on the battle field lead to him been inducted in to the deathwatch by captain octavius of the imperial fists 8 years later.

Melkor served the deathwatch well in many roles for over 40 years, the lords of the ordo xenos had offered him the chance to dispense his vows and return to his chapter many times during this period but each tiome he had refused on the grounds that he was needed and the experiences he was gaining would be invaluable.

on returning to his chapter melkor was hailed as a hero and given his choice of position with in the chapter, his choice was simple - instructor of initiates. here he turned his knowledge and skill into training some of the best xenos hunters the red hunters have ever produced. melkor remained in this role for another 20 years enabling him to spread his knowledge to both the initiates and trainers.

on returning to full combat status he was honoured with the role of veteran sergent of the command squad for the 5h company a position he retained for some years.

then on armegeddon he was again called upon to serve the deathwatch as they battled the green hordes, the sergents chainfist been invauble on the hulks and ros the deathwatch were charged with puring.

after the campaign the sergent was released back to the ranks of the red hunters and boarded the departing strike cruisers with the remains of the fifth company. on the homeward bound journey the cruisers recieved an Epsilon Omega level distress call and immediately changed course to intercept.

the call lead them to a disabled ork craft, melkor immediatly volounteered to lead the rescure mission to secure whatever imperial faction was lost onboard the vessel. after procedding to battle through hordes greenskins aboard the vessel melkor was greeted by two member of what he initially thought were deathwatch marines. despite making contct with them and rescuing the marines refused to discuss their role with melkor, despite his belief he was a fellow deathwatch marine. Melkor became somewhat concerned about the nature of these marines when he noted one was a relictor marine and the markings on his armour did not match those of his own deathwatch garb. despite his misgivings melkor fought valiently to get them back onboard the strike cruiser.

Once underway after destroying the ork vessel the red hunters cruisers were joined by the Legio Strike Cruiser Spear of Justice, who were on route to rescue the two battle brothers before returning the remains of fallen battle brothers from armegeddon and soliciting fresh recruits for the Legio.

when the ship docked the masters of the legio were informed of melkors dedication and skill and decided that melkor would be an excellent choice for leading one of their units in to battle.

so with the agreement of the red hunters melkor surrendered himself to the maters of the legio and pledged himself to fight with the elite force.

since that time melkor has survived both he damocles crusade and the battle for the cadian gate leading and inspiring his troopers and those around him on many occasions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

bit rough and ready but theres the fluff for vet serg melkor of the red hunters, hope you enjoy

cheers

millest

Before the crash I was approved as a Tech-Marine for the Legio.

The main reasons for this is that my DIY Chapter is high-tech and I used to serve in the army as a Combat engineer (with medic's training) specializing in demolitions and mine clearance.

I got the Marine approved on the terms that it had to be a Marine made and trained by the Legio itself (ie. he has no other home Chapter that he hails from) and as such I was given relatively free hands in his colour scheme; seeing as how there was no colour set up for Tech-Marines within the Legio.

I made the Marine model but due to the crash it was never posted.

I was wondering if I could get this approved here as well since this is a continuation of the original legio mini-me project?

Thanks!

@Chaptermaster Graymantle: i knew someone was a techmarine, but couldn't remember who. of course you can re-join, i was just about to post the spot into the list. it is yours of course as i'm trying to keep to the old list as much as posible. would you like some company in the form of a retinue of servitors?

DM ;)

I'd like to join please, I have Vetran Sargeant Brax formerly of the Dark Angels.

Fluff:

After several successful campaigns Sargeant Brax was inducted to the inner circle, after being told the truth of the chapter, Brax requested inquisitorial duties, initially suspicious, the higher ranks were about to set pennance for the suggestion, until Brax revealed the reasons for the request, in simple, If the Inquisition stumbled accross any of the Fallen, or managed to get any information out of any of the brothers currently serving the Chambers Militant then they could expect serious trouble.

After reasoning this through, Brax's superiors agreed, and by recalling one brother serving with the Legio, Brax replaced him.

Now, Brax is not just a member of the Legio, but the eyes and ears of his chapter.

How's that, more detail can be added if needed, pics will follow

Cheers

I'd like to join please, I have Vetran Sargeant Brax formerly of the Dark Angels.

Fluff:

After several successful campaigns Sargeant Brax was inducted to the inner circle, after being told the truth of the chapter, Brax requested inquisitorial duties, initially suspicious, the higher ranks were about to set pennance for the suggestion, until Brax revealed the reasons for the request, in simple, If the Inquisition stumbled accross any of the Fallen, or managed to get any information out of any of the brothers currently serving the Chambers Militant then they could expect serious trouble.

After reasoning this through, Brax's superiors agreed, and by recalling one brother serving with the Legio, Brax replaced him.

Now, Brax is not just a member of the Legio, but the eyes and ears of his chapter.

How's that, more detail can be added if needed, pics will follow

Cheers

not bad fella but its worth reading the legio fluff - the links on page one of this thread. there are a few iffy bits in the fluff:

first, as mentioned when in the legio its till death do us part.

second, you dont ask to go they pick you, similar to the deathwatch

third, as such we dont answer to the inquisition, though even if we did once in the legio all chapter loyalties are laid aside for the good of the legio, so they dont really have a say in what we do

hope that helps you rewrite your fluff

cheers

millest

@Chaptermaster Graymantle: i knew someone was a techmarine, but couldn't remember who. of course you can re-join, i was just about to post the spot into the list. it is yours of course as i'm trying to keep to the old list as much as posible. would you like some company in the form of a retinue of servitors?

DM :)

Servitors are always nice ;)

Im making some cyber mastiffs as close combat servitors even now.

The image and background story will have to wait though as I have no computer right now (borrowing a friends), and wont have access to a computer for a few weeks after this.

Looking forward to joining the Legio properly :D

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle

I'll do the vindacare assasin.

Edit: And I'll throw in a flamer-toting marine aswell. Am I allowed to chose the squad?

Edited by Yamez

+list and first post guidlines edited+

@Yamez: i have stuck you into tac squad c assault weapon. you are quite welcome to do an assassin after a battle brother *pencil's in Yamez....Y...a...* :)

@Chaptermaster Graymantle: would you be doing the whole x4? if not i will open left over spots for frater

@Gregor69: the great-power-fist-in-the-shadows aka Nephren-ka has spoken, so you'll have to rethink/resubmit the fluff

@GREY88: right here in this thread

DM :devil: