Vow 1 update:

gallery_62972_9848_461332.jpg

Should have them all red by Wednesday/Thursday depending on how my rl is, then shaded by this time next week and starting adding the brown (I love Snakebite Leather so much :wub.: )

Right, my upcoming game has been postponed until the 12th June and we've decided to go for 1750 points. Have to say I'm a little concerned as at those points, I'll likely face either a Wraith Host, Jetbike list (which I haven't faced yet) or a vehicle list. In my favour is that he lost his last game against a Terminator-heavy force but this was a while ago...

As for my list, I do plan on keeping the Terminators (mainly to try out the Formation and I've not used them in years) so I may need to strengthen the spine somewhat...

Arch Angels?

Take Karlean.

Turn one deep striking, re-rolling reserves, at 1d6 scatter, with stubborn, and The captain still toting Counter-attack! Sweet mercy that's painful.

Oh - and any Storm Ravens you take in an additional detatchment (or flyer wing if you have two... I forget) can also come on first turn!

Hell, you could bring pods and then start rolling for additional pods turn one I think.

Eldar don't have mobility if they have nowhere to go but through a wall of 1st Company :devil:

Um, where are you getting the first turn Deep Strike stuff from?  :unsure.:

Looking at it, I don't think I have got enough models to pull off The Archangels Formation and even if I could, would it all fit into a 1750 point force and still be competitive?

Edited by Jolemai

Ah. Misread, that is only if you take the FULL Archangel's formation....

The Archangels - basically the Archangels FOC when it's almost completely filled up. You need 10 veteran/terminator squads (in any combination), a Terminator Captain (or Karlaen) a Terminator Chaplain and four Furioso Dreadnoughts. Doing this via the Archangels FOC would have left you two slots, but this is better, if a bit more demanding since you can't take anything less. You not only get the reduced deep strike scatter and re-roll reserves bonus, but your company also is Stubborn and units from it may be rolled from reserve on the first turn!

A BIT PRICY.

Indeed. The Captain, Chaplain and Dreadnoughts sits at 680 points before upgrades. Then I've got to add ten squads taken from the Ist Company in any combination...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to hearing how it goes! Did you decide on any last minute changes?

If you recall it was a toss up between giving the Inquisitor Psychic Mastery or taking a Rhino and I opted for the latter as I feel durability and mobility may well play a bigger part.

• 2 weeks later...

ETL project is ongoing but my time is limited for the next fortnight or so...

However, I have found time to fiddle with my 1500 - light mech list for a potential battle next month. Basically I'm moving towards MSU with two/three hard hitting units but I'm not sure if I've got the balance right. I've also squeezed in my Sicaran in the hopes it will do something...

• 3 weeks later...

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_639018.jpg

I, Jolemai, Reclusiarch of the Blood Angels forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Blood Angels Contemptor Dreadnought with a twin-linked lascannon and meltagun from Imperial Armour Apocalypse of total value 215 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

gallery_62972_9848_228821.jpg

Right, so I've taken my Terminators as far as I can for now. They are well beyond my group's requirements and whilst not 100% complete, I'm losing too much time by being a perfectionist and besides, they have surpassed where I wanted them to be anyway.

Whilst the models are good to paint, there is a lot of bling... I think I need to review how I do yellow and parchment as I'm not happy with the former and the latter looks too flat.

Anyway, on to vow two. ETL month two was obliterated due to work obligations and month three is being decimated by time away from my paints; I've got about eight evenings left 0.o So I've opted for the Contemptor as it shouldn't need too much prep work...