Thanks!

If you think the base is still missing something, maybe add a dead/dying guy? I think some Blood for the Blood God would look great on there. Other options may be to paint hazard stripes on the barricades or maybe add part of a destroyed vehicle? 

It looks good but could do with some colour - so as Lemartes suggested a dead Xeno or misc battlefield debris (Rhino door, weapons etc) - anything you can splash a bit of colour on. Tufts of grass or shrubbery would be another option, and the green would contrast nicely with the red of the model itself.

Thanks!

If you think the base is still missing something, maybe add a dead/dying guy? I think some Blood for the Blood God would look great on there. Other options may be to paint hazard stripes on the barricades or maybe add part of a destroyed vehicle? 

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

You know, a nice Biel-Tan green Eldar or five would look great strewn across the base :wink:

Hazard striped are a great idea too.

I'm really adverse to hazard stripes. It's got nothing to do with having to paint it, merely that (IMHO) Marines should know better and not require it. I'm also far too cheap to raid my bits box for weapons or xenos (also, my xenos is 2nd edition monopose...) I'd like to go down the grass tufts eventually but it's not a quick fix as I'd need to purchase it.

Does dry brushing grey with bone work? I Would use longbeard grey or even white.

Maybe bring the blocks up to a lighter grey or even a blue grey.

If you don't want to add anything extra to get more colour in then spot around some brown and sepia wash before the final highlight.

I probably should do the blocks in the lighter grey to match my Aegis line. The bone has worked in the past, it gives it a nice finish over grey - think of a cold bone rather than the warm bone you get from a brown basecoat. It's what I use on my Delaque stuff.

If I throw in some brown inks, just toss it in ad hoc?

Librarian

So basically I needed something to do whilst my Stormraven was drying and I had a battle ready Librarian (three colours and based) hidden in my cabinet. This is the state of play as of yesterday night:

gallery_62972_9848_21810.jpg

I think there's an earlier WIP in this blog. I've since applied the bone paint and a wash - which leaves the detail and the base to complete

Edited by Jolemai

He looks reeeeally nice. Very vibrant!

Show us him with a wash ;)

Err... I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. I think I was referring to th bone parts (as in painted and shaded). The red is done and shaded; I'm trying to come up with a good reason not to highlight it.

Always loved that libby model.

I originally got him for a bike Librarian conversion as apparently the cut was really easy to do - just along the waist and down the book. Due to lack of confidence and not having the heart to do it, it never happened and then one day I needed a non-Mephiston Librarian so he got painted. I suppose he's the first regular Librarian in my collection.

Ah, clever, might have to look into that conversion!

Either way, your paint job has done him justice - the blue helm is inspired...maybe he's attached to the 9th company?

I paint my Librarians red with only the Librarian bits (the psychic hood and shoulder pad) blue. All this model has for a hood is a few wires running into his helmet - so he has a blue helmet. He'll look better when he'd finished :)

Nice idea about the Company tie-in, I'll remember that for when I get that far. (Currently got 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 10th elements in my army)

Loving the yellow chest eagle :tu:

They are a running theme through my army (I learned to paint in the second edition)) but I still need to highlight it.

• 2 weeks later...

Librarian

Which jump pack fits the Librarian best?

Mk IV:

gallery_62972_9848_76216.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_11152.jpg

Mk VII:

Those who remember this sort of model will release how much detail is hidden by using this type of jump pack. There is also some restriction on the pistol arm position.

gallery_62972_9848_111361.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_103741.jpg

What did the list end up being and how far along are you with it?

Helped by a lack of consensus ;) it's in flux. So far I've worked on the Stormraven (needs a bit more on the base perhaps), a regular Librarian that I missed off the list, and the bikes had some unexpected work (I took them to the in-laws and somehow found some time to myself).

Will be afk camping soon and it's the school holidays so my time appears to be more limited than usual.

• 1 month later...

Some minor updates:

Bike

They are all, finally, at this stage. So now it's shading, detail, etc.

gallery_62972_9848_17816.jpg

Knight base

Dragon's teeth attached to the base. Just need tweaking, sanding, and painting now.

gallery_62972_10721_51999.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_16128.jpg

September is off to a good start. What did you get done in August?

Will be afk camping soon and it's the school holidays so my time appears to be more limited than usual.

Anyway, got a bit of work done on the Stormraven base but it just needs painting. Then it should be complete bar transfers (which isn't going to happen this side of 2020).

Stormraven base

I added some paint and ink (chestnut from some advice elsewhere) and left it for a while. Recently I've come back a bit more confident and added some bullet holes and chips as per below:

gallery_62972_11196_8244.jpg

Just need to work out how to paint the bullet holes. Thinking black (maybe an ink?) to represent las blasts? I also plan on flicking a tiny amount of red ink onto them to finish them off.