Changed my mind again and opted for the following:

gallery_62972_9848_26224.jpg

It's magnetised so I can switch back to the chainfist at some point. I basically just cut around the saw and removed it, putting the sword in the recess. Decided against adding a larger haft for now and I'll need to bring the base up to the severed head at some point.

Very interesting... How did you magnetize that?

I have pinned the haft to the hand, but only glued on end. Next to that I have a 1x1 magnet where the crossguard touches the wrist. It's a snug fit so it's ok. When I put the chainfist back, I'll likely use a larger magnet on it to hold better.

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_843860.jpg

Head and weapon swap on the Captain, magentised weapon and combi-loadout - 25 % bonus - 10 PL

Head swap on the BaC Chaplain - 25 % bonus - 6 PL

Stock Chaplain - 5 PL

21 PL total

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Lieutenant with jump pack for a combined total of 5PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_62972_9848_551661.jpg

Decided against repositioning the arm. At a later date either I'll build the base up to the flat part of the Daemon head (bases aren't necessary for B&Z) or I'll round it off with green stuff. Magnetised the melta component of the combi-weapon as I reckon I can fit a plasma component (or other) on there one day. Headswap was harder that it appeared; the positioning was really tricky and I had to pin it in the end.

Doing a quickie Lieutenant using Delassio as a base model. He's getting the Chaplain from BaC's head and a magnetised gun arm.

Left the chainsword on because I quite like them and it looks quite hard to clean up the detail (my green stuff level is still only tier 2). Hand flamer is magnetised. As someone who regularly uses frag grenades, I don't mind hand flamers at all, but he may have a combi-weapon when I next have one available. Head swap works nicely and wasn't too difficult a cut...

As for the Deathwatch bits, leaving them on is fluffy. I like to think that this particular Lieutenant likes to equip it when he knows he's facing Xenos. A psychological effect if you will.

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the Troops challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Scout Squad for a combined total of 4 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 5th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_62972_9848_109325.jpg

Just wanted to add that these will be getting another go with the stripper.

Fairly simple this one. I need another go with the paint stripper as it was truly terrible to get off on these. After that, I need to trim Naaman's new arm and affix it (and a new bolter) into place. Also need to remove the icon on his back and swap it for something more appropriate.

Not-Naaman WIP

Solution found for my Naaman model:

gallery_62972_9848_370843.jpg

Scour forearm courtesy of Dosjetka which has had a SG hand (smallest I had) and combi-flamer (SM character upgrade pack, FW) pinned to it. This is then magentised to Naaman (in case I fancy giving him a sniper rifle one day)

Should have him and the other Scouts undercoated by tomorrow...

My group's Apocalypse game is due to commence in three week's time. We have eight players, with a total of ~ 4425 power level which has yet to be split into teams. I have the third largest army which sits at 628 PL (10.9k points), and this is detailed below.

The game will be on a 14 x 6 board and we're either doing the Race to Destruction or Exterminatus mission from Chapter Approved. The only modifications we're using (so far) is that each army must be battleforged and formed into Detachments (which means Command Points and Stratagems are in play); no multiple special characters; WYSIWYG, painted, and based armies only; and that each Warmaster has a small pool of addition CPs to spend on whatever they want for their team (i.e. the Warmaster could use them to re-roll one of my dice).

I have 34 CPs

Brigade

• Captain Tycho
  • Chaplain
  • Chaplain
  • Scouts
  • Scouts
  • Scouts
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals
  • Dreadnought
  • Contemptor Dreadnought
  • Sternguard
  • RAS
  • Bike Squad
  • Bike Squad
  • Devastator
  • Devastator
  • Whirlwind Hyperios
  • Stormraven Gunship
  • Rhino
  • Rhino
  • Razorback
  • Razorback
  • Drop Pod
  • Drop Pod

Brigade

• Corbulo
  • TDA Captain
  • Techmarine
  • Scouts
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals
  • Company Ancient
  • Company Champion
  • Sanguinary Novitae
  • RAS
  • Attack Bike Squad
  • Land Speeder
  • Devastator
  • Devastator
  • Predator
  • Aegis Defense Line

Battalion

• Librarian
  • Librarian
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals
  • Tacticals

Super-Heavy Detachment

• Relic Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer
  • Knight Paladin
  • Shadowsword (borrowed)

Supreme Command Detachment

• Captain
  • Captain
  • Dante
  • Sanguinary Guard

Supreme Command Detachment

• Astorath
  • Jump Chaplain
  • Lemartes
  • Death Company

Vanguard Detachment

• Inquisitor
  • Callidus
  • Cullexus
  • Eversor
  • Vindicare
  • Legion of the Damned

Vanguard Detachment

• TDA Captain
  • TDA Librarian
  • Company Veterans
  • Company Veterans
  • Death Company

Vanguard Detachment

• Sanguinary Priest
  • Techmarine
  • Company Veterans
  • Company Veterans
  • Death Company

Vanguard Detachment

• Librarian Dreadnought
  • Company Ancient
  • Company Veterans
  • Death Company Dreadnought

Vanguard Detachment

• Mephiston
  • Jump Lieutenant
  • Sanguinary Ancient
  • Sanguinary Novitae
  • Terminator Squad

Excited is an understatement, but my gosh it's going to be a grueling game.

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the Elites challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build one Relic Sicaran Battle Tank for a combined total of 14 PL on or before 2359 UTC March 12th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_62972_9848_1652.jpg

Yes I really did break apart my Sicaran so I could build it properly and without blue-tack for this event...

Order of the day is a full weapon select, so that's magentised sponsons for lascannon/heavy bolter/none (which I have a lovely solution for) and maybe the pintle weapons if I can find them. Also got lots of cutting, smoothing, a bit of warping to sort out, pinning, and the obligatory addition of green stuff to do.

My group's Apocalypse game is due to commence in three week's time. We have eight players, with a total of ~ 4425 power level which has yet to be split into teams. I have the third largest army which sits at 628 PL (10.9k points), and this is detailed below.

The game will be on a 14 x 6 board and we're either doing the Race to Destruction or Exterminatus mission from Chapter Approved. The only modifications we're using (so far) is that each army must be battleforged and formed into Detachments (which means Command Points and Stratagems are in play); no multiple special characters; WYSIWYG, painted, and based armies only; and that each Warmaster has a small pool of addition CPs to spend on whatever they want for their team (i.e. the Warmaster could use them to re-roll one of my dice).

I read that wrong at first... 4425 *POWER* level - not 4k points... 

That is insane... 

Pls make sure you get lots of pics of what that much painted army looks like. 

Even the 'mere' 10k of your own army would look epic :-)

I read that wrong at first... 4425 *POWER* level - not 4k points... 

That is insane... 

Pls make sure you get lots of pics of what that much painted army looks like. 

Even the 'mere' 10k of your own army would look epic :-)

It's going to be a real good time.

The Sanguine Vision will also be in attendance with strong support from Mars and Terra too ;)

Apoc to-do list:

• Repaint helmets on ~ 10 Marines
  • Fix ~ 10 Marines
  • Get Astorath and Dante stable
  • Paint (not)Naaman and the Lieutenant (three colours and based)
  • Fix my vehicle pool
  • Magnetise ~ 10 DC backpacks
  • Photo on the 20th, pack on the 22nd (at the latest)

This is in addition to the B&Z event. Hope I've got enough wife faction for this!

If only :(

As we all know, Sicarans have notoriously difficult machine spirits and mine is no exception. What it really needs is a paint job and then maybe she will start performing as well as she should do.