Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_436774.jpg

and extras

sml_gallery_62972_9848_996968.jpg

Opted against rivets as I have none. Went for the larger look as I like the change in size; it seems to fit the model well. I used the following video for the build and magnetising the sponsons onto the body:

(get your tin strips from the bottom of Pringles tubs!)

and I used this one (well, parts 1/2/3/4) for the weapon change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LClYUDFiQwM

Sicaran Sponson

Quick shot of how the sponsons and panel is attached. For the latter the tin is attached to sprue "pegs" which conveniently was the right size!

gallery_62972_9848_786469.jpg

Jolemai - is the glue enough for that much resin?

I've felt obliged to drill some pins into big pieces in the past, although this kit looks like it might lock together better than most...

Looks like a good kit overall actually.

I find it's enough. My Cerberus is glued too.

Like all resin, it depends on the state of your cast. Mine doesn't appear to fit right but it's holding in place for now and that's good enough for me (and better than my first attempt!) Just make sure you do a dry fit first and use some elastic bands when constructing the hull.. I still had to sort some warpage on the main gun barrels and the sponson holders.

Edited by Jolemai

That bad boy going to be painted in time for the Apoc?

:eek::eek:

It honestly hadn't even occurred to me :facepalm: Lets have a look at the checklist:

Apoc to-do list:

• Repaint helmets on ~ 10 Marines
  • Fix ~ 10 Marines
  • Get Astorath and Dante stable
  • Paint (not)Naaman and the Lieutenant (three colours and based)
  • Fix my vehicle pool
  • Magnetise ~ 10 DC backpacks
  • Photo on the 20th, pack on the 22nd (at the latest)

This is in addition to the B&Z event. Hope I've got enough wife faction for this!

Astorath and Dante basically require painting so they can be glued. Haven't even looked at my vehicle pool yet but I know both my Drop Pods are in bits thanks to the kids... The Knight and Cerberus will have to stay blue-tacked for now although the Cerberus sponsons will take an evening or so to do now I've gotten the hang of it, and I really don't want to bother with the back packs but I must :/

So we'll see. Minimally it would need the following with a brush:

• Paint the black bits
  • Paint the silver bits
  • Paint the red bits

• 2 weeks later...

Apocalypse Force

I adore Apocalypse games. I still remember my first one back in 4th edition - I had around 4k points of Blood Angels (not a huge amount painted truth be told) and recall it being a lot of fun (will do a tbt with pictures at some point); just the spectacle of fielding so much stuff compared to normal and being able to use everything I owned. It reminded me of how my school friends and I used to play 2nd edition.

Fast forward fifteen years and deployment for my first Apocalypse game of 8th commences in ~ 11 hours time. I'm fielding 642 PL (~11.3k) worth of Blood Angels (and a handful of Imperials tag-ons) in what is the largest army I have commanded so far. (For the record, two years ago I had ~ 12k in old money of BA but ~ 3k was borrowed...)

Game details will be in a subsequent post below.

Full army shot:

gallery_62972_11822_582847.jpg

Left zoom:

gallery_62972_11822_1058745.jpg

Centre zoom:

gallery_62972_11822_538550.jpg

Right zoom:

gallery_62972_11822_217783.jpg

Close ups:

Command:

gallery_62972_11822_490577.jpg

Librarius:

gallery_62972_11822_324556.jpg

Death Company:

gallery_62972_11822_176640.jpg

Veterans:

gallery_62972_11822_757678.jpg

Transport:

gallery_62972_11822_26258.jpg

Armoury:

gallery_62972_11822_877456.jpg

Vanguard:

gallery_62972_11822_466885.jpg

Auxiliaries:

gallery_62972_11822_910273.jpg

Edited by Jolemai

It's that time of year again!

Charlo and I will be participating in an Apocalypse game that my group hosts annually. These tend to be pretty epic and this year it should be no exception! With this thread we intend to update it as the battle goes along. It's a full weekend of playing (schedule to follow) so stay tuned!

The particulars:

• 14 x 6 board
  • 2300 PL per side
  • Mission: Night March (CA, page 16)
  • Team 1: Blood Angels (Jolemai); Blood Angels, Ad Mech, Adeptus Custodes (Charlo); Chaos Space Marines; Daemons
  • Team 2: Raven Guard; Imperial Knights (GawFang); Imperial Knights, (One_happy_hippy); Astra Millitarum,Titan Legions, Imperial Navy
House Rules:
  • Open Play rules however:
  • Armies have to be battleforged. This means individual Command Points pools and Stratagems are in play
  • The Warmaster has a team pool of 12 CP to spend however he wishes (within the rules). This pool will be lost once the Warmaster dies...
  • Special Characters are limited to one per battle
  • Armies to be strict WYSIWYG and painted (three base colours and based minimum)
  • Player can't buff each other's armies

As you can see, we struggled to get an ideal balance. We've elected to go for a player and PL match at the expense of the fluff. We've also got a David Vs Goliath game on our hands but this should be fun all the same.

Schedule:

Friday

15:00 - Arrive and setup

17:30 - Order Pizza

22:00 - Deployment

01:00 - End of Day

Saturday

08:00 - Breakfast

09:00 - Turn 1: Team 1

11:00 - Turn 1: Team 2

13:00 - Lunch

13:45 - Break

14:00 - Turn 2: Team 1

16:00 - Break

16:15 - Turn 2: Team 2

18:15 - Curry

20:45 - Break

21:00 - Turn 3: Team 1

23:00 - Break

23:15 - Turn 3: Team 2

01:15 - End of Day

Sunday

08:00 - Breakfast

08:45 - Break

09:00 - Turn 4: Team 1

10:30 - Break

10:45 - Turn 4: Team 2

12:15 - Turn 5: Team 1

13:15 - Turn 5: Team 2

14:15 - Game End

14:30 - Lunch and packup

The only things set in stone are the curry and the game's end. The large gap on Friday is due to unavoidable rl circumstances.

We've decided to add scheduled breaks for each team turn because we don't want the team that goes first to blow away the reserves of the team that goes second each time.

Taken from here. This year Charlo and I are going to attempt to do a "live feed" of the battle. Oh, and times are in GMT (or rather BST on Sunday).

Sicaran WIP

gallery_62972_9848_889066.jpg

From here it's the second coat of red, washes (metal and red) + tidy ups, highlights, detail.

However, I think it needs something else to mark it as Blood Angels when it has sponsons, so I might stick on some brass etch.

Stormraven

Seeing as I haven't posted one yet, here's the closest to a completion I have:

gallery_62972_9848_820766.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_1137744.jpg

...and the base (complete with a Dante WIP)

gallery_62972_9848_27494.jpg

• 1 month later...

ETL VI vow 1 wip 1

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Razorback with twin lascannon, hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; Chaplain; Chaplain with plasma pistol; Chaplain in Terminator Armour of total value 379 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_62972_9848_158042.jpg

Tracks and extras on another sprue out of shot.

Still got a tiny bit of prep to do on the turret (add a magnet) and I need to find a larger base for the TDA Chaplain (not sure why I've not done that yet...?). After that they could do with a thin black overcoat and then it's on to the metallics :ohmy.:

• 2 weeks later...

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_172073.jpg

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following; one The Sanguinor; one Predator with twin lascannon, lascannon sponsons, hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one Vindicator with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one 6-man Scout Squad; one Relic Whirlwind Scorpius with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one Tarantula Sentry Gun with twin lascannons; one Captain in Cataphractii Armour with relic blade, combi-melta; of total value 1026 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_62972_9848_922173.jpg

TDA Chaplain

gallery_62972_9848_1123561.jpg

Stacked the base and re-positioned the arm to give it more presence. Unsure if I should look to hide the banding but I'm happy enough with the green stuff as I'm a n00b.

gallery_62972_9848_256467.jpg

Chaplain

As seen during B&Z

gallery_62972_9848_267227.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_537968.jpg

Happy enough with where he is, but I may add some highlights later. Still, it's more than battle ready and thus it's complete enough.

Mk IV Chaplain

As seen during B&Z

gallery_62972_9848_169091.jpg

Attempted the oriental-style death mask as 1) no spare skull helm and 2) Chaplains used to have access to death masks back in third. I'm satisfied enough with it but I need more practice for when I attempt it on Astorath

gallery_62972_9848_298375.jpg

DC Razorback

gallery_62972_9848_887978.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_104492.jpg

Yes, I know, gun barrels :dry.: However, I'm happy with the highlights on the black and those wings are the best I've produced yet. No idea where to put the searchlight or smoke launchers so I've left them off for now. Also, I *may* have a DC member using the storm bolter out of the cupola, but I haven't decided yet. Normally it would be a Techmarine but it doesn't seem right on a DC tank...

One Captain in Cataphractii Armour with relic blade, combi-melta;

He looks hungry...joining the feast? :wink:

Perhaps. We'll see how we are for numbers - basically I don't want to take up anyone's spot and stop them enjoying the event :)

One Captain in Cataphractii Armour with relic blade, combi-melta;

He looks hungry...joining the feast? :wink:

Perhaps. We'll see how we are for numbers - basically I don't want to take up anyone's spot and stop them enjoying the event :smile.:

Ahhh, it'll be fine - You might be a Mod but you're still a Frater! If it comes down to exactly 17 entrants I can always boot you if you like. 

Chaplain

As seen during B&Z

gallery_62972_9848_267227.jpg

He looks cool, but his crozius resembles that of Nagash, from 'Warhammer Fantasy Battle'. Will the Great Necromancer's scattered remains be used to decorate your models' bases, to show what Sanguinius' sons can and will do to all who oppose the Emperor?