• 3 weeks later...

ETL WIP

Here's a WIP of my Vindicator's siege shield:

gallery_62972_9848_16396.jpg

Once upon a time I wanted three Vindicators (Linebreaker) with the BA emblem stretched across three shields. Then I realised that it I ever get three Vindicators what I'd actually want would be a current version, 2nd edition version, and a Deimos version - and thus the shield idea was no more.

So there I was with my fully silver shield and I had an idea: as BA vehicles are seconded to whatever Company and most of mine seem to be for the 3rd Company at the moment, I opted to paint the 3rd Company banner in the recess.

Hidden Content

gallery_62972_9848_69498.jpg

Why a yellow helmet? :)

In the current edition, Tarantulas are Fast Attack :)

Granted they also don't have a Marine gunner anymore but perhaps this one's remote broke and my vanguard force (I have been known to run mounted RAS from time to time) had to operate it manually?

• 2 weeks later...

Updated my 1500 Light Mech list for 8th.

Goblin green, best green!

Indeed it is! Will be very sad when I finally run out :sad.:

In the mid 90s, a friend and I bought 4 sheets of MDF to cover a billiard tabletop on which to play Epic. 

While it got funny looks... the local hardware people were nice enough to colour match a goblin green sample into a 4 litre tin of housepaint.

So much coverage and frankly the thicker paint looked smoother than what I was slapping on mini bases at the time. 

I suspect if you use the leftovers to paint the walls of kids' bedrooms it will also be a subconscious introduction to wargaming...

Had to chime in on this. Here's some of the random old paints I found. Now, some of these are probably older than ... I don't know, maybe 40K? Some are at least as old as Rogue Trader.

Note the obligatory goblin green shot along with some of of favorites including the glazes, titilating pink, and of course terracotta.

All of these paints are still usable. I shook them all and they were still liquid.

What happened to the quality of the new paints?

med_gallery_101149_13675_206990.jpg

Had to chime in on this. Here's some of the random old paints I found. Now, some of these are probably older than ... I don't know, maybe 40K? Some are at least as old as Rogue Trader.

Note the obligatory goblin green shot along with some of of favorites including the glazes, titilating pink, and of course terracotta.

All of these paints are still usable. I shook them all and they were still liquid.

What happened to the quality of the new paints?

med_gallery_101149_13675_206990.jpg

I own the top four and two pots of Goblin Green - still :teehee:

The other three styles weren't available when I started painting circa 1996, they had moved to the Goblin Green style pots. Also, the only trouble with them is the lids break :( So much better than the subsequent "bullet pots" (which had dried up before you cracked them open first time) and the pre-curser to the current paint pots (the ones without the latch).

... and thanks for the comments all :)

ETL Vow update

Cataphractii Captain and The Sanguinor completed. There was to be more pictures but The Sanguinor's sword dropped off during transfer and then his jump pack engine pinged off whilst I tried to fix the sword. Basically, I'm going to have to pin them both at some point because they obviously weren't as flush as I though :dry.:

Gold component of my vow completed:

gallery_62972_9848_662882.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_1105757.jpg

Three tanks remain to be completed...

ETL update

Vindicator needs a second coat of red and then I can start the recess wash on both it and the Predator. Scorpius will be done afterewards; I can't batch paint three tanks! :teehee:

Messy tank WIP:

gallery_62972_9848_44945.jpg

Edited by Jolemai