• 2 weeks later...

12M Challenge - April

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete one Lemartes by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_18481.jpg

Needs base coat(s), highlights, details, basing.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely base too :)

Cheers, that has come out good too. Considering adding the extra bits of colour to my other bases (but that's a lot of work!)

• 2 weeks later...

Telion WIP

gallery_62972_9848_72236.jpg

Dry fit, head is from the FW BA heads. Next up is to shave off the Ultramarine iconography and *maybe* find a place for a knife. He's either going to be a Scout Sergeant (with the stalker pattern bolter, Quietus, being a pseudo-sniper rifle) or a Lieutenant (with the stalker pattern bolter, Quietus, being a MCBG). Probably wont use him as a Captain as I'll be painting his armour red.

Rare run out for my 1750 - Hybrid list last night which meant it needed an update. This list idea/theme has been in use for at least eight years; it's essentially a classic way of playing the game. It doesn't always work and may need re-imagining, but :)

Telion WIP

Dry fit, head is from the FW BA heads. Next up is to shave off the Ultramarine iconography and *maybe* find a place for a knife. He's either going to be a Scout Sergeant (with the stalker pattern bolter, Quietus, being a pseudo-sniper rifle) or a Lieutenant (with the stalker pattern bolter, Quietus, being a MCBG). Probably wont use him as a Captain as I'll be painting his armour red.

That head looks great - the FW ones are a little more slimline than GW plastic I think?

How about using him as a Vanguard Captain/Lieutenant?

Telion WIP

That head looks great - the FW ones are a little more slimline than GW plastic I think?

My thought process hadn't even gone there because, well, Primaris (I'm not anti-Primaris per se, I've just got a million more classic Marines to get). I suppose it's something I could look into once I see the rules, etc. cheers :tu:

My thought process hadn't even gone there because, well, Primaris (I'm not anti-Primaris per se, I've just got a million more classic Marines to get). I suppose it's something I could look into once I see the rules, etc. cheers :thumbsup:

'Primaris' is just a word in the end. I've wanted a 10th co scout captain since 2000 and now the rules let me do it!

The 3+ save on the Phobos captain/Lt could easily be 'artificer carapace armour', and the extra wound the primaris Lt has could reflect an oldmarine captain. 

Change of plan:

May

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete two Scouts by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_137605.jpg

To do:

• Weapons, cloak, detail, bases

So yeah, I never finished these. With the ETL being delayed, I have had to change things around and moved these forward. Typically, I don't paint this way around anymore so it will be interesting (for me, that is) finishing them off.

• 3 weeks later...

ETL VII vow 1 WIP 1

I choose my weekends to be afk don't I? :facepalm: Will get up to speed tomorrow but in the meantime...

I [Reclusiarch Jolemai] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the [Blood Angels Forum] and vow to complete [1 x DC Tycho, 1 x Captain with jump pack, thunderhammer, stormshield] of total value [194] on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete, that shall be my penitence.

gallery_62972_9848_327479.jpg

12M Challenge

May Complete

gallery_62972_9848_36263.jpg

med_gallery_62972_9848_114733.jpg

June

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1 x DC Tycho by month's end.

Forgive the picture, but I haven't got time this evening to split and re-upload it...

gallery_62972_9848_327479.jpg

To do:

• Fully model.
Edited by Jolemai

ETL VII vow 1 WIP 2

Quick WIP:

gallery_62972_9848_264040.jpg

Anyone else have some work to show off? :smile.:

Actually painting these a little different to how I normally would:

• Both the gold and silver have a final highlight of Necron compound, so it makes sense to do them at the same time
  • I've started on the base early so when the Nuln Oil goes down on the metal, I can add it to the base at the same time - this also meant the Celestia Grey basecoat went down early too
  • My Captains are gold. However, with this being a (potentially) DC Captain, I've gone for a black front (which also shows off the chest piece better) which blends/fades into a gold back. Jump pack wings to be red lined as opposed to blue (which the storm shield and other wings will have, this ties in with my winged DC) - This *should* work but it's experimental on my part.

Do you use nuln oil to shade the wings (and white parts in general)? I've tried the warhammer tv guide with diluted drakenhof nightshade and I got to say, I didnt like it one bit.

I tried Nuln Oil but I wasn't a fan. I actually use the WHTV guide but in lieu of Drakenhof (which I don't have), I use an ancient blue wash - when I get the balance right it looks great (such as on my Scorpius) and sometimes it doesn't. When I attempt the red wings, I'll be using an ancient pot of red wash.

Edited by Jolemai