Death Company Imperial Knight

12M Challange - December

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1 x Imperial Knight by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_562964.jpg

Legs are in the same state, I just havee't been working on them of late hence the lack of photo.

To do:

• Finish magnetising
  • Finish drybrush and highlights
  • Details
  • Anything else required to move model from battle ready to completion
  • (New thread about House Arantule and the Freeblade, Jolemai - however, this isn't part of the challenge!)

Into the final stretch, having been working on this all year between projects. It's been a long road to get this far, having been the first in my original group to have an Imperial Knight - in fact, my first WIP was September 2014 and she's been blu-tacced and battle ready since the end of that year (Apocalypse debut). Since then, I acquired the expansion sprue and have gone about getting her fully magnetised with all the weapon options...

In regular 40k, she appears with my mounted DC force at 1850. As a Freeblade, she's free to chose whatever paint scheme she wants and her pilot likes to daub her in the colours of whatever force she is with - hence appearing as a giant Death Company Marine as that's who she is on the field with. The only ties to her house are the heraldry which appears on her ion shield.

• 2 weeks later...

Work continues on the DC Knight:

Basing was the same as my BAs but since I started this project, my non-BA Imperials have evolved to have a similar base - I.e the rim is different but the rest is the same.

gallery_62972_10721_24783.jpeg

Also re-done the banner. I'm now attempting a slight variation of Moriar's found in the "Ward 'Dex"

gallery_62972_10721_55810.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Death Company Freeblade

Final model from the 2019 12M Challange. Fully magnetised weapon options.

I haven't found this easy (quite the love/hate relationship tbh) but I've learned a fair bit which is always a bonus. May tweak it further going forward but I'm more than happy with it as it is for now.

December Complete

Slow Burn complete

One Death Company inspired Freeblade for your perusal:

gallery_62972_10721_26778.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_1082.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_41200.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_173348.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_174760.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_126562.jpg

gallery_62972_10721_55434.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sanguinary Priest and Librarian WIP

12M Challenge -January

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 2x Sanguinary Priests, 1x Librarian to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_4513.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_15646.jpeg

To do:

~ Bases (move to 32s on the bottom image)

~ Shading, highlights, detail, etc

~ Magnetise priest #2 weapon choice, maybe the Librarian's backpack

Perhaps. The one with the power sword I regularly use as a Sanguinary Priest, but being a third/fourth/fifth edition model he never had one.

The bolt pistol chap is a second edition Apothecary so pre-dates all this stuff. Could always use him as a Novitae.

Elsewhere in my collection I have Corbulo and the chap from the Command box with a Chalice from the upgrade kit.

If you need a proper chalice to be held in hand - Upgrade sprue or Sanguinary Priest mini.

If an icon size is needed, then there is a small chalice in the same upgrade in the Iron halo. It can be easily cut out.

Ooooh, that Librarian with the scroll!! :smile.:

EDIT: Karlaen also has a slightly bigger and easier to cut out chalice in his iron halo.

Edited by Majkhel

Cerberus WIP

Haven't touched this since 2015, got the year to complete it.

12M Challenge - Plodding Along

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the Plodding Along pledge to complete 1x Cerberus to the defence of the Imperial Faction by year's end.

gallery_62972_9848_519491.jpg

To do:
~ Complete magnetisation of sponsons and pintle weaponry
~ Shading, highlights, detail, etc

For my Games Day Captain :O :O

With a closely fought voting, Jolemai and TheOneTrueZon slugged it out for 2019's Platinum Favourite Badge. The lead swapped several time before settling at 11 Votes to 9 in favour of Jolemai's fantastic Blood Angels Captain.

Congratulations Jolemai, wear the 2019 Platinum Favourite Badge with pride, you've earned.

tn_gallery_48988_15094_5113.png