Posted elsewhere but:

Here's mine:

gallery_62972_9848_127469.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_64921.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_355.jpg

From left to right:

• Back row -> Land Raider Excelsior; Rhino Primaris; Land Raider (Phobos); Death Company themed Freeblade
  • Front row -> Lieutenant; Games Day 2012 Captain; Tycho the Lost; Lemartes; Smash Captain; Librarian on bike; three Legion of the Damned; three Scouts; Drop Pod

Which I suppose wasn't too bad all in all. Did some decent conversion work too :)

For 2020 I want to:

• Continue to de-blue-tac my collection
  • Move many of my battle ready models to completion (or as close as without doing transfers...)
  • Complete this year's 12M Challenge again
  • Possibly do my Terminators for the ETL (backlog is being reduced to the tricky stuff!)

12M Challenge - January complete

Sanguinary Priest

gallery_62972_9848_50021.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_37665.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_6180.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_31143.jpeg

Librarian

gallery_62972_9848_12116.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_9914.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_37188.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_16081.jpeg

Sanguinary Priest/Novitiate

gallery_62972_9848_38069.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_8085.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_31655.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_16086.jpeg

Librarian has a magnetised backpack in case he requires a jump pack (so now I have one of each melee choice painted and with both transport options)

Bottom image is in Novitiate mode but has a magnetised gun arm (weapon choice and Priest upgrade) and backpack.

Cheers. Seems like my painting is getting slightly better these days:

JANUARY SUMMARY

First and foremost, thank you everyone for joining up to the 2020 Hobby Challenge, and I have to say I've really enjoyed the fluff pieces that have been included with vows and completions, well done :thumbsup:

2020 is off to a great start with 35 Frater taking up the challenge, and pledging to complete a total of 267 models. Of the 35 Frater, we had 34 Complete their tasks, and 259 models. Excluding last years ETL, this the highest output the challenge has seen, so well done to everyone.

As always, lets award some badges,

gallery_48988_15094_1684.png

Coming off of a strong finish with the 2019 Favourite, Jolemai's Old Skool Cool Librarian grabs my January Favourite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ohmy.: Seriously? Thanks! :wub:

Dante WIP

About time I continued this. Another model going from battle ready to completion (or near enough):

12M - February

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1 x Dante to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_2095.jpeg

To do:

~ pin axe, green stuff nubs for the wings

~ re-do the gold to my current standard

~ highlights, base, wings, details, etc

• 3 weeks later...

The final game was once again Daemons only, this time against Blood Angels.

Blood Angels 500pts

Hidden Content
Corbulo

Techmarine

5x Scouts w/sniper rifles

5x Scouts w/bolters, heavy bolter

5x Scouts w/bolter, bolt pistols

5x Death Company

Razorback w/twin-linked assault cannon, storm bolter

Deployment

A lot of capable shooting, backed up with some good combat prowess wasn't a great force to be facing and less so without any cover to work with. However with only the Relic to really worry about there was opportunity enough, it was a matter of seeing what I could do to make the most of my advantages.

Turn 1

I get first turn and decide to keep it as whatever happens there's a lot of bullets coming my way! There's nowhere to go so the only real movement is advancing up a squad to claim the Relic as I wait to see what happens next.

gallery_30308_10077_44295.jpg

As expected, what happens is lots of bullets but with the Stratagem to increase their save by one and another to auto-pass Leadership the remaining Daemonette holds on to the Relic - for now at least as a single Daemonette won't last long.

gallery_30308_10077_127277.jpg

Turn 2

The surviving Daemonette moves back as far as she can, but there's not much that can be done as there's nowhere to go. I send the Fiends and Prince up to remove the flanking Scout squad for one less thing to worry about (though the Prince perils, keeping the standard of poor psychic showing). I drop in my reserved Daemonettes behind the other Scouts but they can't make the charge even with a re-roll which isn't ideal. My plan is to try and survive with the Relic and use the Prince and Fiends to push back, but it all depends on if I can obstruct those Assault Cannons...

gallery_30308_10077_83149.jpg

As expected the line Daemonette can't last, nor can the other squad which is badly reduced with only two left after morale. I'm running out of models quickly and can't expect to hold the Relic unless I get lucky... Go forth, Lord Crutch! :tongue.:

gallery_30308_10077_7586.jpg

Turn 3

I've got to throw everything I have in as quickly as possible, and try and even the scales. Fortunately the Enrapturess can do this, moving up to gain sight on the Scouts and claim the Relic she shoots them down. The Prince and Fiends Advance and charge the Razorback, just managing to strip it down. With the rear Daemonettes moving up I'm back in the fight, it all rests on how much damage I can inflict so turn 3 will likely be critical both ways!

gallery_30308_10077_125968.jpg

The Death Company and Corbulo move up, unable to add much with their shooting but the Scouts reduce the Daemonettes and take out the Enrapturess. Corbulo charges the Daemonettes to take them out, but this lets the Prince activate first. Even with a Stratagem to improve their Feel No Pain the DC are no match and four are taken out! Nobody is going to be able to claim the Relic now, so it's now a slugging match...

gallery_30308_10077_67934.jpg

Turn 4

The Prince has no problem finishing the job, though unfortunately it had to be in the combat phase (he's near useless as a psyker it seems!). I can line myself for some good charges next turn which is just as well as Assault Doctrine and all sorts fires off and the surviving Daemonettes are wiped out after their charge.

gallery_30308_10077_84165.jpg

The rest of the game is straight forward. The Techmarine moves up but can't do much good. In turn 5 the Fiend engages him and the Prince moves up to Smite the Scouts and prepare for a charge next turn as he failed his. In return the Fiend is finished off, causing a roll for the next turn - it's a two so the game ends! My opponent thought he'd be able to grab the Relic if it had gone on until I pointed out there was no way in hell the Techmarine would outrun the Prince :laugh.:

It was a pretty epic game, and I ended up doing a lot better than I had expected but once again the Prince needed to do the real work along with the Fiends who were again great with their speed and threat for it. All the more so, had the game gone on the Prince would have tied it up easily for me. Hopefully in larger games with more units this won't be the case, as it's not a good plan to rely on one or two models to win you games...

• 1 month later...

Something small this month as I also need to find time for my ETL prep! Choices are models which are in some of my lists...

12M Challenge - April

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 1 x Techmarine, Scout to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_196754.jpeg

To do:
~ New arm for Techmarine (magnetise)

~ Move him on from (just about) battle ready to complete (Make the base colours more intense, highlights, detail, etc)

~ Full works on Scout

~ Base both to my current standard

Cheers gents:

Arm/appendage from skittari kit? Beg/borrow/ebay to get hold of it? Or there is a greenstuff tentacle/piping mould, a bit like a cigarette roller...

I've heard of the gs moulds (doing it by hand is beyond me) but I am tempted by these

Bundle of guitar wire? Otherwise maybe borrow some tendrils from sevo skulls?

Maybe regular wire or paperclips twisted? My only servo skull has wondered off :/

Oooh, that retro colour scheme! :wub:

You could even leave it as it is, but paint that protruding bit as if those are extra power coils? 

It's too off balance if I leave it :(

As for the paintjob, it will look end up a metallic red like my Techmarines are (and what that "purple" one will become).

Bundle of guitar wire? Otherwise maybe borrow some tendrils from sevo skulls?

Maybe regular wire or paperclips twisted? My only servo skull has wondered off :/

Those Zinge cables look good, otherwise I can suggest fuse wire over paperclips are it's way more pliable - I bought a pack of 3 resistances/thicknessess for like 50p from a wilkos or similar, theyre really bendy and easy to work with, I'd make a bungle of them, flex together into position then superglue so it joins all the fibres.