Cheers both :smile.:

I feel like I've levelled up my painting skills this year but my consistency isn't there yet...

That happens to me also - some models are more 'finished' than others and get devotional texts, microdetailingetc, others dont get a highlight. I think it's just down to your motivation at the time. I think you can pleased and proud of fully painted and based!

It's not that so much, more the quality of the paint job. For example, my edge highlighting is all over the place on infantry and I can see why I stopped doing it.

Just being hard on myself today, no worries.

Ooooh yes - highlights on the rank-and-file infantry kills me as well :P But I cannot bring myself to go below a certain point of quality in my mind, so I just bear with it and change techniques from time to time. Some highlights I do with just a drybrush, some with a traditional lining.

Air Defence Command Platform

Had a window to do something small and this was knocking around:

gallery_62972_9848_195685.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_572118.jpg

Whilst there have been no rules for this since seventh edition (where it gave Hyperios Launchers split fire), it doubles up quite nicely as a Damocles Command Tank proxy.

gallery_62972_9848_471390.jpg

Damocles looks great - where's that driver's head from? I dont recognise it.

Isn't it just the tank sprue Techmarine? For the photo I used my Hyperios as it's the best painted Rhino atm and that was done back in 2018 - no mention of it being different on this blog :turned: Will try and find out.

• 3 weeks later...

Chaplain on bike

12M Challenge - August

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of August pledge to complete 1 x Chaplain on Bike to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_74520.jpg

To do:

~ Strip paint, cleanup model, add new guns
~ Paint to completion

~ Base

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drop Pod

Having used it lately, it's about time it got pushed to completion - so it's September's 12M Challenge pledge. Internals will be bone like all my vehicles (I know, I know...) and I need to tidy up and finish the external paint work. Also got an idea for one of the panels...

September

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete 1 x Drop Pod to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_172301.jpeg

To do:

~ Build and paint internals

~ Push outside to completion

Need to do neat saltires on the door panels...

1) Paint red

2) Masking tape off the shape

3) Paint black

4) Peel off tape

5) ???

6) Profit?

Is that basically what I need to do? Imagine I need to cut the tape to size beforehand which sounds all kinds of fiddly. Low on confidence :(