That's a lovely find!! :wub: 

Is that a 32mm base? I'd definitely start with that for increased stability.

It will be; I stack my characters (and as these are characters these days...) I plan on weighting the underside of the 28mm base before gluing it on to the 32mm.

Edited by Jolemai

More Miscellaneous Oldhammer Marines

• 1x DC
  • 2x RAS
  • 3x Devastators
  • 4x Scouts

gallery_62972_9848_261223.jpeg

Mainly these needed their bases finished. As they are my legacy stuff, again, I didn't want to tweak anything major; barrels drilled all round, eye lenses, eyes, power sword. Also went over the Devastators red as it was streaky and highlighted the helmets.

Edited by Jolemai

That's a solid work! How is his personal "wobbly model" syndrome right now with so many moving parts?

Very sturdy, mainly as the body is one piece. All the magnets are strong enough too, however, I tried the washer route for the fists which adds more weight than I'd like - will just go regular magnets or metal strips next time.

Infantry WIPs

April

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete eleven infantry models by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_2183.jpeg

To do:
  • Scouts: Touching up and details
  • 2nd edition plastics: Second red coat, recess wash, highlights, details
  • Grey models: Fully complete

Another couple of Scouts I hadn't finished (somehow) and some Tacticals that needed some love. I'd already made a start on the bases and metalics, but needed something else for this months vow...

One Armour through the Ages box and a metal Mk VIII step forth! They will be painted as Veterans but need a lot of work to get there:

• The Mk II gets correct Mk arms and a backpack, the closest shoulders I can find, a special-issue bolter, and an ammo pouch
  • The Mk III is easy, he's just getting a suitable backpack.
  • The Mk IV gets correct Mk arms, backpack, and shoulders, a special issue bolter, and a Sanguinary Guard dagger
  • The Mk V ended up with Mk V assault arms - so he's getting two BoP chainswords (along with a spare fist), Mk V shoulderpads and backpack, and an ammo pouch
  • The Mk VIII has the one-handed special-issue bolter and auspex from the Sternguard box, BA upgrade sprue shoulderpad, 2nd edition backpack, pounch, and purity seal

I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison of the fw and 2nd ed lascannons if you have the opportunity while painting them. Also - flames on the barrels/plasma cowl?

Some quick shots if that's what you meant?

gallery_62972_9848_48320.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_166104.jpg

I'll be painting them up like my current scheme - so that will be red and green tips on the lascannon and plasma cannons respectively, and a Goblin Green base rim (oh, and red armour on a white undercoat) :tu:

Very nice project with the Armour through the Ages! And those Devs are fantastic too. Really looking forward to see how they come out :smile.:

Oddly enough, me too :tongue.: I'm quite excited by them :)