Aw yeah, those classic gw paint pots. Nostalgia at it's best. Too bad that las/plays isn't an option anymore. I also have one of those in a box. And the Librarian on jet bike, is that an option for 30k?

Those paints are and remain, amazing :wub:

I run the lasplas as a lasback these days - or at least until the Legends option returns :dry.:

You can take a Consul on a Jetbike but I run this guy predominantly as a Librarian on Bike (hence the twin bolter conversion on the nose). Really annoyed at how scuffed his is, I need better storage :blush.:

Razorback

Lasplas/Plaserback repaired and completed. Likely be used as a Lasback unless it reappears in BA:Legends :dry.:

For the eagle-eyed amongst you, that's not the original top plate. Basically back in 1997(ish) I acquired a white plastic era Predator - but all it had was the top plate glued onto the chassis and a single gun shield :huh.: This was before the metal bolterack/lasback release so I ordered the bits for a lasplas and it's served me well ever since. The railings came from my Predator Annihilator kit and I had to make a new exhaust vent from wire and green stuff...

June Update 1/3

Blood Angels Razorback complete

Total: 1/3

gallery_62972_9848_335157.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_383563.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_507398.jpg

Excellent work on the grav-Razorback. Does the vehicle have a name- maybe "Flying Dagger" ("Flying Sword" will be reserved for a grav-Predator) or "Sanguinius' Fist"?

Thanks - in a moment of inspiration/madness I painted "Primus" on the name plate as it was my first Razorback...

... which I realise I didn't take a photo of :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

Librarian on Bike

As I wasn't happy with him being half done (and badly scuffed!), my Librarian on Bike conversion has been finished (along with the options to field him in 30k). I think I need to look into a spray varnish...

June Complete

Librarian on Bike/Consul on Jetbike/Skyhunter

gallery_62972_9848_897236.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_746950.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_754264.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_1044958.jpg

Edited by Jolemai

Razorback and Tarantula WIP

July

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 1x Tarantula and 1x Razorback by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_60532.jpg

To do:

• Razorback to be fixed, blinged, magnetised options
  • Razorback to painted to completion
  • Tarantula to be built and painted

Again, I may add to this later but July is looking busy too.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice works Jole! And really cool models too.
I like that blue highlights on the black MM case.

About the varnish - if spray can is still not convincing, I would really recommend Vallejo Premium series varnish (Satin or Matt, whichever you like, I'm using matt). Its really easy to apply with brush (despite the airbrush mentioned on the label) thanks to it's flowing consistency. And it comes in a nice bigger bottle. Just don't confuse it with those little Vallejo varnish bottles as their quality is noticeably inferior.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

August

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of August pledge to complete 1x Chaplain and 1x Razorback by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_391389.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_205522.jpg

To do:

• Chassis, assault cannon, lascannon need tidying and highlighting
  • Heavy bolter and bling needs building and painting
  • Chaplain needs to be at least battle ready

Gonna be close but this is the earliest I could have vowed :verymad: