Not yet. The only chap likely to get one has decided against it right now as he's got enough titans to advance from base coat level. He's also painting up the satellite boards and scenery.

That's not to say he wont have one come February...

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_189126.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_399894.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_123872.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_631442.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_436512.jpg

I'll post some better pics in due course. Also, whilst these reach the painting level set for my gaming group, something's not right with them so I may change some of the painted bits going forward, (as well as applying the highlights). I also need to sort out the magnets! As you can see I've had a slight problem... got to love being a n00b, eh?

Also, the winged DC is a test. I want Astorath to have a winged entourage and I think it works but we'll see. For now, this little project requires bits I don't have.

Painting interioirs *shudder*

When I finally drop some pounds on some pods I fell I'm going to have to do more than "spray silver, wash with nuln" and call it a day...

Bone does look sweet though!

Around the time I joined B&C I saw a blog where someone painted a bone interior on their Stormraven and thought "wow". I likened it to the interior of the Imperial Star Destroyers in Episode IV, but wanted it to be a bit warmer, hence the bone on a brown base.

If you decide to use bone, buy an airbrush otherwise it takes ages.

Mega lazy Maru here.

Fun fact, after painting my first drop pod, interiors and all, the three follwoing drop pods were assembled with the doors glued shut.

Half-arsed hobbiest AWAY!

Awww, you know I love you really *hugs*

Edited by Jolemai

This is an old WIP which I haven't shown yet. It's been like this since January this year.

gallery_62972_9848_944081.jpg

It's painted in the same manner as Tycho and my Sanguinary Guard. Maybe I'll finish it one day...

You know, I never actually thought of using him like that :ohmy.: I would certainly solve the count as concern but my Sternguard are red ...

I also need at least five Captain come February...

Five Captains? You know, there's five bases/legs in a Sanguinary Guard box...

There's no way I'm going to kitbash my least used HQ choice. Besides, I already have:

• Tycho
  • "original" BA Captain
  • Games Day BA Captain
  • TDA Captain

For the February Apocalypse game, Masters of the Chapter requires five Captains (one of which can instead be Dante) and the Battle Company requires one (which may be Tycho). In theory I will be able to borrow the two I need to field these Formations.

Meanwhile, a fifth Warhound has entered service in my gaming group. Next February's Apocalypse Titan count now stands at five Warhounds, two Reavers, one Warlord (it will be pre-ordered the first moment possible), two Revenants and one Phantom...

For those interested, said Warhound now has it's very own blog in the WIP forum. Feel free to check it out!

• 3 weeks later...

Apoc Update

So, I get to borrow the following:

• 1 x Captain, Chaplain, Sanguinary Priest, Techmarine, TDA Librarian
  • 2 x Terminator Squad, Dreadnought, 1 x VAS, Death Company,
  • 2 x Tactical Squad, 1 x Scout Squad
  • 2 x Rhino, 1 x RAS, Bike Squad
  • 2 x Predator, 1 x Devastator Squad, Vindicator, Whirlwind
  • 1 x Dante

Which means I'm looking at fielding ~8.5k of Formations on the main table and ~ 3.5k of "extras" on the satellite table(s). With that in mind, my shopping list and todo list for February is as follows:

• Purchase IAv2SE and Warzone Damnos (as they've put a ban on dodgy copies :dry.:)
  • Purchase a second Death Company Dreadnought, Cullexus and Eversor Assassin, and the pintle weapon set (for the Cerberus) - all of which will need painting
  • Strip and paint two Tactical Squads, my Annihilator and my standard bearer (well why not?)
  • Paint my Aegis Defense Line

If time, I want to squeeze in the following:

• If I buy a second Vindicator and paint it (along with my first one) then I can field the Apocalypse Linebreaker Formation
  • If I paint one of my many Terminator Squads and buy Extermination, I can run a BA Terminator Formation
  • Kitbash a Void Shield Generator (which looks remarkably easy, truth be told)
  • Purchase a Mk V autocannon arm for my Dreadnought (currently he's got assault cannon and missile launcher for popping void shields, but swapping one of those for an autocannon may be more efficient)

Board update:

The board is now a 12x6. Two middle segments have large guns and doors to the Zone Mortalis satellite board, which is a 4x4 board with exits to the other two boards, and the Objectives are the gun controls. The overland satellite board has two Objectives (gun power plants) and doors to the ZM board. This is also 4x4.

I, Jolemai, Reclusiarch of the Blood Angels sub-forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete two Tactical Squads and one Veteran with a Chapter Banner on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_62972_9848_185472.jpg

Finally got around to getting a picture (mainly because I had to dig them out of "storage". I've had these guys for the past seventeen years and whilst my group allows me to use unpainted models, running these as Blood Angels wasn't allowed so they've been hidden from view since early fifth edition (on reflection I could have used them for allies but it's not an avenue I've ever gone down). To run the Apocalypse Formation: Space Marine Battle Company, I need these red before February and thus, they have become my RTS vow.

I'm also doing the banner as a secondary vow for my Command Squad. Will likely magnetise the arm...

I, Jolemai, Reclusiarch of the Blood Angels sub-forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete two Tactical Squads and one Veteran with a Chapter Banner on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_62972_9848_185472.jpg

Finally got around to getting a picture (mainly because I had to dig them out of "storage". I've had these guys for the past seventeen years and whilst my group allows me to use unpainted models, running these as Blood Angels wasn't allowed so they've been hidden from view since early fifth edition (on reflection I could have used them for allies but it's not an avenue I've ever gone down). To run the Apocalypse Formation: Space Marine Battle Company, I need these red before February and thus, they have become my RTS vow.

I'm also doing the banner as a secondary vow for my Command Squad. Will likely magnetise the arm...

Man oh man. Looking at those reminds me of my awful 3rd Ed termies with caked on paint on them...I don't even want to dig them out of storage!

In the downtime between BA projects (of which, admittedly, there is very little), I'm trying to find the time to sort out my accumulation of terrain bits and bobs. As it's only BA related in that my army will be playing on it (and thus based the same), I have a blog over in the WIP forum that can be found here should anyone be interested.