Thousand Sons project

Shuggnuggath

I have added some new images of painted stuff at the end of the thread. There are also some pictures of a scratch built Daemon Prince I'm making from styrene rod, miliput and greenstuff.

Woohoo! finally got the images to show.

I have decided to use the Dark Vengeance chosen to make some Thousand Sons Rubric marines.

I also sculpted a corrupted robot to use as an Obliterator, hes on a terminator size base btw.

gallery_61128_7828_15923.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_72449.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_86573.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_15992.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_98237.jpg

I plan to use converted chosen for all the rubrics, 2 squads of 9.

For the cultists I plan to use a combination of the DV cultists with empire flagellants and other bits to make a bunch of sorcerous dudes with robes and masks. The guys with flamers will be fire breathing/throwing cult wizards.

I had a rubric head in my bitz. I cut some rectangles of 1mm plasticard in roughly the right size and put one aside for scale in case I need to do more.

Then I carved and filed the rectangles into the appropriate shapes for the crests. They don't need to be identical, this is a chaos army :)

I glued the platicard crests to the helmets and waited for the glue to set. Once it was ready I added a thin even layer of greenstuff and scored the lines across. I then smoothed it down with a damp sculpting tool and left them to set. Later on I added very thin sausages of greenstuff to make the trims. I flattend the sausages a bit using a damp sculpting tool.

I had a rubric head in my bitz. I cut some rectangles of 1mm plasticard in roughly the right size and put one aside for scale in case I need to do more.

Then I carved and filed the rectangles into the appropriate shapes for the crests. They don't need to be identical, this is a chaos army :lol:

I glued the platicard crests to the helmets and waited for the glue to set. Once it was ready I added a thin even layer of greenstuff and scored the lines across. I then smoothed it down with a damp sculpting tool and left them to set. Later on I added very thin sausages of greenstuff to make the trims. I flattend the sausages a bit using a damp sculpting tool.

Thats great! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea?

• 2 weeks later...

I converted up a disc for my Sorcerer out of left over screamer parts. The sorcerer has magnetised feet so he can hop on and off. The body of the disc just need a bit of finishing off.

I also added a sorcerer for the second squad of rubrics. These guys should be getting painted up soon.

gallery_61128_7828_155159.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_208810.jpg

Archived