Dark Heresy Background story

So the Game Master of my DH group asked us all to write a backstory about our character, which in my case is an Imperial Guardsmen who goes by the name of Kylar Stern (shamelessly copied from Brent Weeks Night Angel trilogy :)).

So I wrote a short story about where he was before he was contacted by the Inquisition. I got a lot of inspiration for this from the novel 'Cadian Blood' by Aaron Demski-Bowden. I've you haven't read it. Go do so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kylar Stern was having a bad day for two reasons. The first one was more of a irritation then an actual problem. Kylar was born as the son of a quite renowned tank commander and raised as such. He was willing to bet a month worth of wages there was not a single soldier in the 88th Armoured Infantry who knew more about tanks or how to handle them then he did. That freaking arse of a captain knew this, had to know this and still he had refused to replace Kylar to a proper tank divison. Emperor's balls, he couldn't care less if he was the best shot of the company. He hated the fact that he was trusting his life to a lasgun and a couple of millimeters of flak armour. He had seen the enemies of Mankind and considered any man who would go into battle without a battle cannon and thick layers of steel between him and them a fool.

This wasn't the main reason for the fact that he was having a bad day though. Throne no, he was a Cadian through and through and even though he didn't like these orders one bit, he was a men of Cadia and men with violet eyes weren't raised to question orders. No the main reason for his bad day, and much more of a real problem was the fact that he was being shot at.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an interesting way to approach a background, I do play DH as a guardsmen also ^^ and it is quite fun.

If you need some help with the background just say so, I won't write one for you I might pitch in some ideas or samples.