Brother Nihm

icon5.gifCall of Chaos V icon5.gif

http://scuzworks.com/BnC/chaos-bannersmall.jpg

Traitors to the Imperium of Man, Hear the Call of Chaos!

Those of you having problems painting your forces, those of you who merely wants painted minis on the tabletop but cannot find the motivation, now is the time to act.

This is the perfect opportunity for you to get those unpainted minis under the paintbrush.

Mission Statement

To assist players in the building, converting and painting of their army. By using open project threads, each player will be able to inspire other players with what they are doing, and at the same time receive feedback on the progress of their army. Each player is encouraged to provide constructive feedback to her/his fellow participants throughout the Call.

Call of Chaos Requirements

1. Your army must be a supported Chaos faction on the B&C (E.g. Power-Armored and/or under an Existing Sub-Forum). e.g. Codex: Daemons is allowed.

2. The Call will last for 3 months only. Please be aware of this when entering what you will paint. From past experiences, time management is key to success.

3. You are allowed to submit between 2 to 5 items; no more, no less. An item is defined as: a single character/squad/vehicle from your relevant codex.

4. You are expected to submit a minimum of 2 updates in this thread, per month, for the duration of the call. There will be consequences if this is not followed. Making an update here is quite easy, you simply post a reply in this thread with a link to the relevant updates in your WIP thread.

To make it easier on the event organisers, please post your updates in your WIP thread using the following format.

Gods of Chaos hear my call!I <Your name> hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.I swear to you that I will paint and present <amount> <units> of <Your Legion/Warband>, before January 18th, 2013.I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.You can follow my progress here: <link to your WIP project thread/B&C Blog> <see below>-<Your name>

Optional: The link to your project thread can also be added later (no later than November 2nd though!) by sending a PM to Brother Nihm.

Although the Call will only last for 3 months, we do expect that there will be some that have to pull out due to real-life issues.

Should you feel that you need to pull out, please let us know and we'll remove you from the Participant listing and list you as a 'Fallen in Battle'. The other way to be removed from the Call is by not complying to the 2 updates per month criteria. This is not a 'big thing to ask' and failure to comply with this will result in your immediate removal from the participant list and placed into the MIA/Excommunicated list. Please note that being placed there may prevent you from joining future Calls.

The plan is to start out with 75 slots available for sign-up, adding 25 more if we garner enough interest.

Should places become free via the above two listed methods, you can try to sneak into the Call, but keep in mind, it's first in best dressed, and you may need to work twice as hard based on how much time is remaining.

Call Duration and target dates

Sign-up will commence on the 19th of October (today), 2012 and will close November 2nd, 2012. You are welcome to use this time to plan, assemble and prime models that you have entered into the Call.

On the 2nd, the Call will formally begin and will last until January 25th, 2013. During this time, your progress will be closely monitored.

Depending on the success of the Call and the involvement of everyone - there will be token prizes. So, without further ado,

Glory to Chaos Eternal, now who's with me?

++ Call of Chaos FAQ ++

Question: What are items? You say it's a squad/character/vehicle from the codex. Could this be clarified?

Answer: Essentially, an item is: A single HQ choice, a single Vehicle/Walker, a Vehicle Squadron, a Jump/Infantry Squad, a Monstrous Creature. Note that there can be overlaps, e.g. (a Daemon Prince is both a MC and a HQ choice, in this case it will still count as 1 item).

Question: Why are we using "items" and not points now?

Answer: We feel by using items, each individual's entry is stream-lined and equal to everyone elses. We also noticed in the past, individuals that posted some of these large 1500+ pts armies, a very small number saw completion. Remember, the main mission of the Call is to aid everyone in creating and painting their army to completion.

Question: I'm a fairly new member, so I haven't seen anything about a Mk I or II of the Calls, what exactly are they?

Answer: The Calls are a special project that we hold to basically act as a forum-wide motivational painting blog. We understand that picking up the brush and painting a mini, although sounds easy in theory, is not always the case in practice. By holding the Calls, we hope that those who feel they require more motivation to paint will join in and with their fellow frater will be encouraged and encourage others to really sit down and paint the minis they have been wanting to paint for a while (who said friendly competition was a bad thing? msn-wink.gif).

Question: I was in a past Call of Chaos and I remember something about a signature bar awarded to participants.

Answer: You are correct, to claim your award, please see this thread

Question: In past PC&A "competitions" we have been able to create our own personal WIP thread. Can we still do this, or are we required to do all posts within the main Call thread?

Answer: You are to create your own WIP thread ("older" members, may already have WIP threads floating about). However, it is still expected that you post your minimum monthly updates within them AND link to them here in this thread throughout the Call.

Question: I don't have much that needs to be painted from scratch, but I do have a lot of old stuff I haven't touched in a while that needs to be finished, updated, or repainted. Would such be appropriate for the call, or is the call strictly for new units only?

Answer: That depends entirely on their current state. Usually basecoated models are as far as we'll allow, as well as assembled/paint-stripped models. So in a sense they don't have to be 'new'.

Question: Are drop pods allowed? Bought 3 of them as I've toyed with the idea of using my black legion with the space wolves codex.

Answer: If they look like a Chaos faction they are allowed in the Call.

Question: What if we use a different codex yet nonetheless use it to represent Chaos models? For example Codex: Space Marines in order to represent the Alpha Legion.

Answer: As above, if they look like a Chaos faction they are allowed in the Call.

If you have any further questions, please send me a PM.

Participant list

01. Kythnos - Stonebreakers (5) - link

02. emperors immortals - Skyrar's Dark Wolves (4) - link

03. space wolf - Night Lords (3) - link

04. Jay Taint - The Tainted (3) - link

05. Arizonajir - World Eaters (4) - link

06. BearingtheWord - Word Bearers (5) - link

07. Caffeineated Chaos - Word Bearers (5)

08. Malisteen - Black Legion (2) - link

09. Twin .44 - The Sons of Set (2) - link

10. Silver Phoenix - White Talons, Servants of the Dark Covenant (4) link

11. Battle-Brother Ludovic - Iron Warriors (2)

12. Ammonius - The Deprecators (3) - link

13. Horus Aximand - Night Lords (2)

14. Paladin 7221 - The Disciples of Mithras (5) - link

15. Deus ex Ferrum - Alpha Legion (4)

16. Tanith Ghost - Night Lords (2) - link

17. Panda_ - Alpha Legion (3) - link

18. Circus Nurgling - The Apostles of Contagion (5) - link

19. Brother Kovash - The Crimson Sigil (2) - link

20. Lord of Blades - World Eaters (5) - link

21. Maximvs - Night Lords (2) - link

22. Gunshow - The Wolves of Cthonia (4) - link

23. The Prophet - Word Bearers (2) - link

24. greenee22 - Hellhounds (3) - link

25. csblackhawk - World Eaters (3)

26. Danny Cyanide - Iron Warriors/Alpha Legion/Word Bearers (5) - link

27. Brother Heinrich - Night Lords (3) - link

28. Midgard - Word Bearers (2) - link

29. Brother Ulkesh - Night Lords (4) - link

30. ChaplainMikey - Emperor's Children (3) - link

31. Vilicate - Flawless Host (4) - link

32. Zacco Kathcis - Delpoxors Diseased (3) - link

33. Noctus Cornix - Black Legion (5) - link

34. SmallVictory - Khalfani's Vultures (3) - link

35. HellChyld - Night Lords (3) - link

36. Steve Shields - Iron Warriors (5) link

37. Razorblade - The Sons of Malice (4) - link

38. Player not found - Dark Mechanicum (2) - link

39. Sgt. Blank - Oracles of Change (3) - link

40. Kallistus - Alpha Legion (2)

41 -Max- - Iron Warriors (2) - link

42. Marshal Sampson of Terra - Alpha Legion (5) - link

43. RipherChost - World Eaters (2) - link

44. BrokenGlytch - The Cult of Flesh (4) - link

45. Warmammer - Black Legion (3) - link

46. Hellrender - Night Lords (2) - link

47. Brother Ramiel - The Trinity (2)

48. kizzdougs - Chaos Undivided (2) - link

49. Anturis - Black Legion (3) - link

50. Reverend Tiberius Jackhammer - Dawnspitters (3) - link

51. Whiskeytango - Death Guard (3) link

52. JamesI - Thousand Sons (2) - link

53. Grazcruzk - The Veracious Word (2) - link

54. Death Given Form - Night Lords (2) - link

55. Neigorath - Black Legion (6) - see link - link

56. firestorm40k - Legion of Taurus (2) - link

57. Jiron - Space Rats (2) - link

58. Jackel - Alpha Legion (2)

59. Scribe of Khorne - Word Bearers (3)

60. GrimApostle - Iron Warriors (2) - link

61. Gubnutz Da Grim - The Heralds of Despair (4) - link

62. Bungicats - The Malevolent Heralds (2)

63. Archangel - The Knights of Doom (2)

64. Agerjag - Thousand Sons (5)

65. Uprising - The Cleaved (3) link

66. Piprinx - Idolators (5) - link

67. TredHed - Death Guard (3) - link

68. Dz'arkoth - Warp Angels (5) - link

69. sangunius' chosen wing - Iron Warriors (5) - link

70. Ifrit446 - Alpha Legion (2) - link

71. Rhynn - Black Legion (4) - link

72. The Cosmic Game - Black Legion (5)

73. TheDarkOne - Chaos Undivided (5)

74. OuThere - Word Bearers/Night Lords (4) - link

75. Thymebandit - The Ebon Rot (3) - link

Auxiliary forces:

76. Insane Psychopath - Iron Warriors (6) seelink - link

77. Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm - Scions of Devastation (2) link

78. Vorganov - Thousand Sons/Night Lords - Gahiji Warband (2) - link

79. Fullbrook - Death Guard (2) - link

80. RazakelXIII - Word Bearers (4) - link

81. Nehekhare - Iron Warriors (2) - link

82. Mr.Malevolent - Alpha Legion (5) - link

83. JamesG89 - Preachers of Pestilence (5) - link

84. Trevak Dal - Red Corsairs (2)

85. Thunder_god - Disciples of Truth (5) - link

86. Thrashard - Fabious Bile's warband (5) - link

87. Sonata - Night Lords (4) - link

88. Capitano - Night Lords (2) - link

89. Teku - Nurgle Angels (2) - link

90. Zyl- - Rav'vir's Thralls (5) - link

91. Bymis - Death Guard (3) - link

92. Dez - Death Guard (2) - link

93. heralds of excess - The Corpus Brethren (3) - link

94. hidicul - Sons of Malice (2) - link

95. Vlâdvar The Destroyer - Iron Warriors (2) - link

96. Cambodia - World Eaters (3) - link

Gods of Chaos hear my call!

I Kythnos hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, 1 Chaos Lord in Power Armour, 1 Hellbrute, 20 Cultists and 6 Chosen of the Stonebreakers, Descendants of the Iron Warriors before January 18th, 2013.

I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

You can follow my progress here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...99456&st=25

-Kythnos

I <Emperors Immortals> hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present < 2 troops, 1 HQ and 1 Vehicle> of <Skyrar's Dark Wolves>, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: <Link to be provided>

-<Emperors Immortals>

The Soul of mighty Night Haunter hear my call!

I space wolf hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to vengeance.

I swear to you that I will paint and present two CSM Claws and a Chaos Lord of Night Lords, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: Truescale Nightlords The Blooded Fists of the VIIIth

-space wolf

I, Jay Taint of The Tainted, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops, to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present a Daemon Prince HQ, a Decimator Daemon Engine, and a squad of 7 Plague Chosen of The Tainted, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: [link to WIP thread to be updated] [link to WIP thread]

Jay Taint

I, Arizonajirt, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 Khârn the betrayer, 1 10 man squad of khorne bezerkers, and 2 5 man squads of warp talons of the works eaters, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=261366

-arizonajirt.

I, BearingtheWord, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 Chosen unit (5 Chosen), 1 Cultist unit (20 Cultists), 1 Chaos Spawn unit (2 Spawn) , 1 Daemon Prince and 1 Maulerfiend of the Word Bearers 34th Grand Host, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress HERE.

~BtW

I, Caffeineated Chaos, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 3 Chaos Bikers, 3 Chaos Terminators, a Daemon Prince, a Hellbrute, and my Coryphaus, a counts-as Huron Blackheart of The Word Bearers, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: (WIP thread to be added later)

I Malisteen hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance, and that of my troops, to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present one Chaos Lord and one unit of 10 Chaos Space Marines of The Black Legion, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: Black Like My Soul, a Black Legion Painting Log, starting on Page 2.

~ Malisteen

I Twin .44 hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present One Ten-Man Chaos Space Marine Squad and One Sorceror of The Sons of Set, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...logid=1339&

Twin .44

Currently only in the assembly process. Painting starts as soon as we're allowed!

I Silver Phoenix hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal. I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 Chaos Lord, 6 Chosen, 1 Chaos Sorceror and 10 Chaos Marines of the White Talons, Servants of the Dark Covenant, before January 18th, 2013. I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.You can follow my progress here: Link to come

Silver Phoenix

I, Battle-Brother Ludovic, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present a Chaos Lord and a unit of Chaos Space Marines of the Iron Warriors Legion, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress in this thread.

Ludovic

+++

Gods of Chaos hear me!

I, Ammonius hereby swear my forces, my dedication and my very soul to The Infinite Pantheon of Chaos Eternal!

I swear to those who listen that I will paint and present 1 Lord of Chaos and 2 units of Chaos Spawn of The Deprecators, before January 18th, 2013.

I also swear to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

You can follow my progress at my WIP thread.

- Ammonius

+++

I Horus Aximand hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 squad of Warp Talons of the Night Lords, before January 18th, 2013.

-Horus Aximand

A wild War Master appears!

Welcome back Kythnos, have you come to defend your title? :wub:

Good luck Kythnos!

due to Uni work for final year stuff i will be unable to defend my title this year, do the Iron Warriors proud!

Iron Within, Iron Without!

I, Paladin 7221, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present the Lord, Cultists, Helbrute and 2 Ten-strong squads of The Disciples of Mithras, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: The Disciples of Mithras

I Deus ex Ferrum hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops, to Chaos Eternal. I swear to you that I will paint and present one Chaos Lord, five Chosen, ten Chaos Space Marines, and five Raptors of the Alpha Legion, before January 18th, 2013. I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

You can follow my progress here: My WIP Thread:

DXF.

I Tanith Ghost hereby pledge your *Ahem*, my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present One Hellbrute and one Claw of Night Lords, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: linky <or click the sig>

-TG

+++

Imperial Scum hear me!

I Panda_ hereby swear my forces, my dedication and my very soul to Eternal Vengeance !

I swear to those who listen that I will paint and present 1 squad of 19 cultists, 1 Sorcerer, 1 squad of Chaos Space Marine of the Alpha Legion.

I also swear to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

You can follow my progress in this topic.

- Panda_

+++

God of War and Pestilence hear my call!

I Circus Nurgling hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present two squads of Havocs, two squads of Plaguemarines, and one Nurgle Lord on Palanquin of The Apostles of Contagion, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...stles+contagion or here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=250086

I, Brother Kovash, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 10-man squad of Chaos Space Marines and 1 Chaos Lord with Mark of Slaanesh of The Crimson Sigil warband, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: WIP.

-Brother Kovash

God of Blood and Skulls hear my call!

I, Lord of Blades hereby pledge my axe, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Khorne.

I swear to you that I will paint and present Arthrax the Unbound, the Captain Revellion, Destroyer Squad Kelshav and a Helbrute of the World Eaters Legion before January 18th, 2013.

I also swear to you that I shall present to you my allies, the Havocs of the Iron Warriors Legion before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=263772

-Lord of Blades

Night Haunter hear my call!

I Maximvs hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to the VIII Legion.

I swear to you that I will paint and present One Raptor Claw of five Souls and the Company Captain of the Night Lords 13th Company, before January 18th, 2013.

You can follow my progress here.

-Maximvs the Unbeliever

Archived