Call of Chaos V
Traitors to the Imperium of Man, Hear the Call of Chaos!
Those of you having problems painting your forces, those of you who merely wants painted minis on the tabletop but cannot find the motivation, now is the time to act.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to get those unpainted minis under the paintbrush.
To assist players in the building, converting and painting of their army. By using open project threads, each player will be able to inspire other players with what they are doing, and at the same time receive feedback on the progress of their army. Each player is encouraged to provide constructive feedback to her/his fellow participants throughout the Call.
Call of Chaos Requirements
1. Your army must be a supported Chaos faction on the B&C (E.g. Power-Armored and/or under an Existing Sub-Forum). e.g. Codex: Daemons is allowed.
2. The Call will last for 3 months only. Please be aware of this when entering what you will paint. From past experiences, time management is key to success.
3. You are allowed to submit between 2 to 5 items; no more, no less. An item is defined as: a single character/squad/vehicle from your relevant codex.
4. You are expected to submit a minimum of 2 updates in this thread, per month, for the duration of the call. There will be consequences if this is not followed. Making an update here is quite easy, you simply post a reply in this thread with a link to the relevant updates in your WIP thread.
To make it easier on the event organisers, please post your updates in your WIP thread using the following format.
Gods of Chaos hear my call!I <Your name> hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.I swear to you that I will paint and present <amount> <units> of <Your Legion/Warband>, before January 18th, 2013.I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.You can follow my progress here: <link to your WIP project thread/B&C Blog> <see below>-<Your name>
Optional: The link to your project thread can also be added later (no later than November 2nd though!) by sending a PM to Brother Nihm.
Although the Call will only last for 3 months, we do expect that there will be some that have to pull out due to real-life issues.
Should you feel that you need to pull out, please let us know and we'll remove you from the Participant listing and list you as a 'Fallen in Battle'. The other way to be removed from the Call is by not complying to the 2 updates per month criteria. This is not a 'big thing to ask' and failure to comply with this will result in your immediate removal from the participant list and placed into the MIA/Excommunicated list. Please note that being placed there may prevent you from joining future Calls.
The plan is to start out with 75 slots available for sign-up, adding 25 more if we garner enough interest.
Should places become free via the above two listed methods, you can try to sneak into the Call, but keep in mind, it's first in best dressed, and you may need to work twice as hard based on how much time is remaining.
Call Duration and target dates
Sign-up will commence on the 19th of October (today), 2012 and will close November 2nd, 2012. You are welcome to use this time to plan, assemble and prime models that you have entered into the Call.
On the 2nd, the Call will formally begin and will last until January 25th, 2013. During this time, your progress will be closely monitored.
Depending on the success of the Call and the involvement of everyone - there will be token prizes. So, without further ado,
Glory to Chaos Eternal, now who's with me?
++ Call of Chaos FAQ ++
Question: What are items? You say it's a squad/character/vehicle from the codex. Could this be clarified?
Answer: Essentially, an item is: A single HQ choice, a single Vehicle/Walker, a Vehicle Squadron, a Jump/Infantry Squad, a Monstrous Creature. Note that there can be overlaps, e.g. (a Daemon Prince is both a MC and a HQ choice, in this case it will still count as 1 item).
Question: Why are we using "items" and not points now?
Answer: We feel by using items, each individual's entry is stream-lined and equal to everyone elses. We also noticed in the past, individuals that posted some of these large 1500+ pts armies, a very small number saw completion. Remember, the main mission of the Call is to aid everyone in creating and painting their army to completion.
Question: I'm a fairly new member, so I haven't seen anything about a Mk I or II of the Calls, what exactly are they?
Answer: The Calls are a special project that we hold to basically act as a forum-wide motivational painting blog. We understand that picking up the brush and painting a mini, although sounds easy in theory, is not always the case in practice. By holding the Calls, we hope that those who feel they require more motivation to paint will join in and with their fellow frater will be encouraged and encourage others to really sit down and paint the minis they have been wanting to paint for a while (who said friendly competition was a bad thing? ).
Question: I was in a past Call of Chaos and I remember something about a signature bar awarded to participants.
Answer: You are correct, to claim your award, please see this thread
Question: In past PC&A "competitions" we have been able to create our own personal WIP thread. Can we still do this, or are we required to do all posts within the main Call thread?
Answer: You are to create your own WIP thread ("older" members, may already have WIP threads floating about). However, it is still expected that you post your minimum monthly updates within them AND link to them here in this thread throughout the Call.
Question: I don't have much that needs to be painted from scratch, but I do have a lot of old stuff I haven't touched in a while that needs to be finished, updated, or repainted. Would such be appropriate for the call, or is the call strictly for new units only?
Answer: That depends entirely on their current state. Usually basecoated models are as far as we'll allow, as well as assembled/paint-stripped models. So in a sense they don't have to be 'new'.
Question: Are drop pods allowed? Bought 3 of them as I've toyed with the idea of using my black legion with the space wolves codex.
Answer: If they look like a Chaos faction they are allowed in the Call.
Question: What if we use a different codex yet nonetheless use it to represent Chaos models? For example Codex: Space Marines in order to represent the Alpha Legion.
Answer: As above, if they look like a Chaos faction they are allowed in the Call.
If you have any further questions, please send me a PM.
01. Kythnos - Stonebreakers (5) - link
02. emperors immortals - Skyrar's Dark Wolves (4) - link
03. space wolf - Night Lords (3) - link
04. Jay Taint - The Tainted (3) - link
05. Arizonajir - World Eaters (4) - link
06. BearingtheWord - Word Bearers (5) - link
07. Caffeineated Chaos - Word Bearers (5)
08. Malisteen - Black Legion (2) - link
09. Twin .44 - The Sons of Set (2) - link
10. Silver Phoenix - White Talons, Servants of the Dark Covenant (4) link
11. Battle-Brother Ludovic - Iron Warriors (2)
12. Ammonius - The Deprecators (3) - link
13. Horus Aximand - Night Lords (2)
14. Paladin 7221 - The Disciples of Mithras (5) - link 15. Deus ex Ferrum - Alpha Legion (4)
16. Tanith Ghost - Night Lords (2) - link
17. Panda_ - Alpha Legion (3) - link
18. Circus Nurgling - The Apostles of Contagion (5) - link
19. Brother Kovash - The Crimson Sigil (2) - link
20. Lord of Blades - World Eaters (5) - link
21. Maximvs - Night Lords (2) - link
22. Gunshow - The Wolves of Cthonia (4) - link
23. The Prophet - Word Bearers (2) - link
24. greenee22 - Hellhounds (3) - link
25. csblackhawk - World Eaters (3)
26. Danny Cyanide - Iron Warriors/Alpha Legion/Word Bearers (5) - link
27. Brother Heinrich - Night Lords (3) - link
28. Midgard - Word Bearers (2) - link
29. Brother Ulkesh - Night Lords (4) - link
30. ChaplainMikey - Emperor's Children (3) - link
31. Vilicate - Flawless Host (4) - link
32. Zacco Kathcis - Delpoxors Diseased (3) - link
33. Noctus Cornix - Black Legion (5) - link
34. SmallVictory - Khalfani's Vultures (3) - link
35. HellChyld - Night Lords (3) - link
36. Steve Shields - Iron Warriors (5) link
37. Razorblade - The Sons of Malice (4) - link
38. Player not found - Dark Mechanicum (2) - link
39. Sgt. Blank - Oracles of Change (3) - link
40. Kallistus - Alpha Legion (2)
41 -Max- - Iron Warriors (2) - link
42. Marshal Sampson of Terra - Alpha Legion (5) - link
43. RipherChost - World Eaters (2) - link
44. BrokenGlytch - The Cult of Flesh (4) - link
45. Warmammer - Black Legion (3) - link
46. Hellrender - Night Lords (2) - link
47. Brother Ramiel - The Trinity (2)
48. kizzdougs - Chaos Undivided (2) - link
49. Anturis - Black Legion (3) - link
50. Reverend Tiberius Jackhammer - Dawnspitters (3) - link
51. Whiskeytango - Death Guard (3) link
52. JamesI - Thousand Sons (2) - link
53. Grazcruzk - The Veracious Word (2) - link
54. Death Given Form - Night Lords (2) - link
55. Neigorath - Black Legion (6) - see link - link
56. firestorm40k - Legion of Taurus (2) - link
57. Jiron - Space Rats (2) - link
58. Jackel - Alpha Legion (2)
59. Scribe of Khorne - Word Bearers (3)
60. GrimApostle - Iron Warriors (2) - link
61. Gubnutz Da Grim - The Heralds of Despair (4) - link
62. Bungicats - The Malevolent Heralds (2) 63. Archangel - The Knights of Doom (2)
64. Agerjag - Thousand Sons (5)
65. Uprising - The Cleaved (3) link
66. Piprinx - Idolators (5) - link
67. TredHed - Death Guard (3) - link
68. Dz'arkoth - Warp Angels (5) - link
69. sangunius' chosen wing - Iron Warriors (5) - link
70. Ifrit446 - Alpha Legion (2) - link
71. Rhynn - Black Legion (4) - link
72. The Cosmic Game - Black Legion (5)
73. TheDarkOne - Chaos Undivided (5)
74. OuThere - Word Bearers/Night Lords (4) - link 75. Thymebandit - The Ebon Rot (3) - link
76. Insane Psychopath - Iron Warriors (6) seelink - link
77. Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm - Scions of Devastation (2) link
78. Vorganov - Thousand Sons/Night Lords - Gahiji Warband (2) - link
79. Fullbrook - Death Guard (2) - link
80. RazakelXIII - Word Bearers (4) - link
81. Nehekhare - Iron Warriors (2) - link
82. Mr.Malevolent - Alpha Legion (5) - link
83. JamesG89 - Preachers of Pestilence (5) - link
84. Trevak Dal - Red Corsairs (2)
85. Thunder_god - Disciples of Truth (5) - link
86. Thrashard - Fabious Bile's warband (5) - link
87. Sonata - Night Lords (4) - link
88. Capitano - Night Lords (2) - link
89. Teku - Nurgle Angels (2) - link
90. Zyl- - Rav'vir's Thralls (5) - link
91. Bymis - Death Guard (3) - link
92. Dez - Death Guard (2) - link
93. heralds of excess - The Corpus Brethren (3) - link
94. hidicul - Sons of Malice (2) - link
95. Vlâdvar The Destroyer - Iron Warriors (2) - link
96. Cambodia - World Eaters (3) - link