Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warlord Kaetus' Alpha Legion: Now Super Pic-Heavy

Chaos Alpha Legion Undivided Chaos Space Marines Space Marines Army Blog

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts

Alright! I had no idea that this call of Chaos thing even existed in the board's storied history, but I am super excited to get started!

I swear to you that I will paint and present two squads of ten cultists each, one Hellbrute, one sorcerer, and one unit of chosen of the Alpha Legion, before January 18th, 2013.

First pictures will go up tomorrow!

Edited by Marshal Sampson of Terra, 08 July 2013 - 02:54 PM.

J!MM!L!C!OUS

J!MM!L!C!OUS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
How're those pictures coming along fella?

Go to your Brother,
Bang him with your gun,
Leave him lying in his uniform,
Dying in the sun

DIY chapter log - The Grey Wolves

DIY Index Astartes - The Grey Wolves

Jimmi's Guides
> Wet Palettes
> Painting Yellow

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts

AMENDED VOW

Gods of Chaos hear my call!

I, Marshal Sampson of Terra, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present one squad of Chaos Space Marines, one squad of Raptors, one "Huron Blackheart," one sorcerer, and one unit of Posessed of the Alpha Legion, before January 18th, 2013.
I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

Yeah, I kind of messed up. Started painting way too early. I couldn't help it! Anyway, here are the pictures of my progress that has now been discounted since I started early:

Posted Image

The cultists were a blast to paint. I've never painted low-level swarm grunts before, so it was fun to try and tie them in visually with their power-armored masters.

Posted Image

Needs a new hand because I screwed up the plasma pistol big time.

Posted Image

The Chosen are on the rampage! These models almost have too much detail. Thank goodness I hadn't fully assembled.

Posted Image

This is the reason I had to amend my vow. Nearly everything got its first coat of paint too early. The only thing that survives from my first vow is the sorcerer.

chaplainmikey

chaplainmikey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts
These are some mighty fine looking Alpha Legionnaires.
The Chaos lord is looking fantastic so far and the red sections really pop out, especially the sword and its pomel(?).
Dare I ask what happened to his Plas Pistol?? ^_^
The Chosen are equally well painted. I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing different iterations of those brilliant models, but yours are some of my favourite so far. You've really nailed the blue/ green colour scheme.

Will you be converting your Huron or using the stock model?

Mike.

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts
Thanks chaplainmickey! I will be converting my own Huron from plastic. Mostly the basic CSM kit, with the axe arm from the new plastic champion. The power fist will be the plastic pointing one from the CSM kit, but the hand will be rotated so he can be holding a near-dear guardsmen in his grip (painted to match my brother's army.) I would sketch this, but I'm at college and barely have time for 40k anyway!

Edited by Marshal Sampson of Terra, 07 November 2012 - 12:14 AM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts
"The universe did not create the Imperium to devour the human race. He did not create priests to harness us, like vile animals, to the chariots of Emperors and to give to the world examples of baseness, pride, perfidy, avarice, debauchery, and falsehood. The universe created the Immaterium to proclaim true power. He created men to help each other, to aid each other mutually, and to attain to freedom by the way of virtue." -Warlord Kaetus of the Alpha Legion, prior to the Sacking of Bellicose IV.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"What purpose does Chaos serve if not to advance humanity?" -Champion Kraekon, Leader of the Hydra's Talons

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Zacco Kathcis

Zacco Kathcis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
Nice to see you have added some possessed to your wow, im sure they will have their uses on the battlefield, although many seems to have the opposite oppinion.
Only chaos can save humanity...

Here is my Call of Chaos project log: http://www.bolterand...p;#entry3216613

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts
Thanks Zacco Kathcis! In my opinion, a unit is only as good as its models. It doesn't matter to me if I loose every game I play, so long as my models look good and I have a good time with a gracious opponent. Possessed are just too cool for me to not take!

"Our blood flows for the cause of humanity. Behold our prayer. Behold our sacrifices. Behold the worship we offer Chaos." -Champion Krusor of the Hydra's Teeth

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"We wish, in a word, to fulfill the intentions of nature and the destiny of man, realize the promises of philosophy, and acquit providence of a long reign of crime and tyranny. That Bellicose IV, once illustrious among all the stars, may, by eclipsing the glory of all kingdoms that ever existed, become a model to the universe, a terror to oppressors, a consolation to the oppressed, an ornament of the universe and that, by sealing the work with our blood, we may at least witness the dawn of the bright day of universal freedom. This is our ambition, this is the end of our efforts..." -Champion Mendax of the Hydra's Wings

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Marshal Sampson of Terra, 01 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts
December Update #1

Warlord Kaetus himself undergoes initial highlighting. Details still need work. Face is completed.

Posted Image

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,097 posts
Kaetus looks good! His face is well done- that pupil doesn't look 'starey.' The green trim looks nice as well, and provides good contrast.

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.png

Lepaca

Lepaca

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 562 posts
Amazing! Keep up the good work!

Knowledge is Power

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts
Christmas Update time! December update #2. Finally basecoated my Raptors, chaos Marines, and Possessed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, though it's not part of my vow, I am working on the Helbrute from Dark Vengeance. LOVE this model:

Posted Image

Razblood

Razblood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,605 posts
Nice work all said, but that Hellbrute looks excellent :HQ:

QUOTE (Dark Brotherhood @ Apr 24 2009, 07:17 AM)
Taunt Marine found that thing you were looking for and cordially invites you to come and retrieve it. It is a can. He may even open it for you.

gallery_29004_6198_6366.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pngETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

Spaz431

Spaz431

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts
Very nice lord
Sic Transit Gloria

Terran_zps971683eb.png

Hydra Dominatus

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts
Terrible news brothers. Due to real life difficulties, I will not be able to complete my vow in time. Please strike my name from the list and let me know what I must do as a Fallen Brother. Is there a signature of shame? How does this work?

Again, all apologies brothers and those who have been following this project log.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts

Well, it's been approximately forever since I last updated... so here are a ton of new images of stuff I have completed recently. Click for a larger view!

Bolter Chosen

Chosen with bolter and scope. A simple conversion that gives the DV miniature a bit more personality. 

Two Chosen

Two more chosen.

Sorcerer Supreme

Sorcerer of the Alpha Legion with some cool lighting. 

Warlord Kaetus of the Splinter Faction of the Alpha Legion

Warlord Kaetus with the same lighting. 

Possessed Aspiring Champion

Possessed champion. 

Melee Cultists

Cultists.

Flamer Cultist

More cultists.

Powerfist Chosen

Powerfist it to death. 

Dark Apostle

From left to right, axe Chosen, Dark Apostle, and Sorcerer. 

Clad in Cloth and Faith

Cultists again. 

More Cultists

Cults for the cult god!

Cultists

Loved painting the fallen commissar. 

Helbrute Top

Helbrute top view.

Helbrute Front Finished

Helbrute front view.

Edited by Marshal Sampson of Terra, 01 April 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts

The Alpha Legion excel at infiltration and subterfuge. Often the enemy will not realize their position has been compromised until the traitors have revealed themselves. They also paint bitchin’ hydras atop their tanks, because why the hell not? -Dossier on the Alpha Legion by Inquisitor Batiste

tumblr_mkuh1l4ZaD1s5q8d5o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Marshal Sampson of Terra, 17 April 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts
"This alliance cannot last, but I care not. So long as you can offer refuge from the machinations of that devil Ahriman, you can depend on my sorcery." -Sorcerer Hathor of the Thousand Sons. 

Sorcerer Hathor of the the Thousand Sons

Hathor Back View

Hathor Side View

Edited by Marshal Sampson of Terra, 21 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts

"The Alpha Legion never sleeps. Every man knows his duty as one of the hydra's heads. We may vanish for decades, but it should only serve as a warning that our return will destroy all those who stand against us." 

tumblr_mpmggjRlDT1s5q8d5o3_1280.jpgtumblr_mpmggjRlDT1s5q8d5o5_1280.jpgtumblr_mpmggjRlDT1s5q8d5o6_1280.jpgtumblr_mpmggjRlDT1s5q8d5o1_1280.jpgtumblr_mpmggjRlDT1s5q8d5o2_1280.jpgtumblr_mpmggjRlDT1s5q8d5o4_1280.jpg

Eldrick Shadowblade

Eldrick Shadowblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts

Wow. Nice Alpha Legion models! You gonna keep working on them?

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,729 posts

Wow. Nice Alpha Legion models! You gonna keep working on them?

Probably not for the near-future. The Crimson Lords are my passion right now and having complete narrative control over an army has proven to be an addicting experience. If I ever revisit these models, I'll probably repaint them as my own Chaos faction for that same feeling of ownership.