Battlefield Birmingham 3 23rd/24th February

harrytheschmuck

That’s correct folks, Battlefield Birmingham 3 will be taking place on the 23rd &24th of February 2013. For those who have not attended a Battlefield Birmingham event, this will be a Warhammer 40,000 tournament where you will play 5 games over the weekend for the title of Battlefield Birmingham champion!

Although this is a fully fledged tournament with prizes up for grabs etc. Battlefield Birmingham has a growing reputation for being one of the more relaxed style tournaments on the scene and we encourage everyone to adopt a claim and friendly demeanour. So don’t let the term 'tournament' put you off by any means.

The event will comprise 5 games, 3 games on the Saturday and 2 games on the Sunday, lasting 2hrs 30minutes each.

Missions and deployments will be announced at the beginning of each round. Players will be drawn randomly for the first round with a ‘Swiss system’ being used to determine pairings for rounds 2-5. Games will be played with Warhammer 40,000 6th Ed rule book and armies of 1750pts.

Special Characters, fortifications, allies and forgeworld will be allowed.

Rules pack available for download through this link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByrMIqPU0sOAemc0dnpjUmZhUjA

There is also a facebook events page you can view here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/22091223793...lan_user_joined

Date: 23rd + 24th February

Ladywood Social Club

Ladywood Middleway

Birmingham

B16 8SY

(Also located near Fiveways Train Station, appox 5 minute walk)

Tickets are now on sale:

The preferred method of payment would be £30 via bank transfer to myself. Please email: battlefield-birmingham@hotmail.co.uk and I will provide you with my necessary details for bank transfer.

Alternatively you can also pay by paypal to harrytheschmuck@hotmail.com but ticket price will be £31.22 due to paypal charge of £1.22.

Alternatively cheques of £30 can be made payable to Mr H.A.M.Allen sent to:

Mr H.A.M.Allen

18 Cranbourne Close,

Rubery,

Birmingham,

B45 0DN.

Buffet lunch is provided on both days. If you have any special dietary requirements please send me an email to battlefield-birmingham@hotmail.co.uk stating your name and we can arrange something else.

Once you pay for a ticket a refund will only be given once a replacement is found. The replacements can either be someone you have found, in which case please inform me of the change. Alternatively you can ask me and I will contact the reserve list for you to see if there are any takers.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, most sporting, best painted and last place.

There will be 40 places available for this event. More will be made available if there is enough interest.

1.David Walcot

2.Gareth Donnelly

3.Andrew Roberts

etc....

Below is a list of persons interested in attending, places can no longer be reserved like the last time, were going to try this method.

Ben Evans

Leon Smith

Michael Hancox

Brett Armitage

Liam Royle

Paul Jordon

Rob Edwards

Mark Gebhard

Steve Ray

Adam Jones

Ben Jones

Grahame Kent

Adam Ryland

Rob Madeley

Brad Zalad

Gareth Jones

Richard Grint

Brett Dawson

Brian Clarke

James Farmer

Matt McVeigh

Dave Bates

Nathan Roberts

Sharan Reddy

Mark Mercer

David Meredith

Michael Bolton

Daniel Moody

Chris Manger

Grahame Kent

In addition to the main event, we shall also be operating a drop in and play service to anyone who wishes to come down over the weekend but can not play in the main event. Simply drop me an email to battlefield-birmingham@hotmail.co.uk stating who you are and how many are coming. The cost to cover this will be £5 per person and we shall set aside some tables and terrain for you to play whatever you like, be it magic, 40k, warmachine, warhammer etc. You can use the room for the entire day (10am-11pm Saturday or 10-5 Sunday) however food is not included.

Errata:

Rules pack page 5. First Blood Secondary Mission will be REPLACED with ONE of the three extra secondary missions (Take&Hold, Cleanse, For The Honour)

Q&A

1.If the unit is falling back at the end of the game do they count as destroyed? YES

Really good news, sorted out the order with KR multicase and we will be seeing a huge prize fund for this event. We are also working with Titan Games who are also adding to the prize fund with games and gaming aids. Its shaping up to be the biggest prize fund for any event ever!

Archived