Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adeptus Custodes - 2000 points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Enzephalon

Enzephalon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts
Hi guys,

Ever since the Grey Knights codex has been released I was thinking about using it to represent the Emperors' finest: The Adeptus Custodes.
But I never stumbled upon miniatures or conversions I really liked.

This changed last week when I saw the work of this guy:
http://rhysknightmin...blogspot.co.at/

His Custodes are epic and they really look the part.
Posted Image

I purchased all the necessary bits and put together a first army list.
But before I start building and equiping my elite force I want you to have a short look and give me some feedback since I have no experince playing Grey Knights (I'm a Blood Angel at heart).

This shall be a fluffy list for casual gaming mainly. But I do not want to be crushed.
What really starts me thinking is the low model counter.

Anyways... Here is what I came up with:

*************** 3 HQ ***************

Castellan Crowe (counts as Constantin Valdor)

Librarian with prescience
- Stormbolter
- Sword

Grand Master to get additional D3 scoring units (Paladins at least)
- Stormbolter
- Halberd

*************** 1 Elites ***************

Paladins (count as Custodes terminators) using the Cataphract pattern from Forgeworld

5 Paladins
- 4 x Halberds
- 1 x Warding stave
- 2 x Psycannon

*************** 2 Troops ***************

Purifiers (count as Custodians)
10 Purifiers
- 5 x Halberd
- 5 x Stormbolter
- 4 x Psycannon
-1 x Demon hammer
+ Rhino

Purifiers (count as Custodians)
10 Purifiers
- 5 x Halberd
- 5 x Stormbolter
- 4 x Psycannon
-1 x Demon hammer
+ Rhino

*************** 1 Fast Attack ***************

Stormraven gunship
- TL Multimelta
- TL Lascannon

*************** 2 Heavy Support ***************

Psyfleman
- 2 x TL Autocannon
- Psy ammunition

Psyfleman
- 2 x TL Autocannon
- Psy ammunition

Here’s the plan:
Constantin Valdor (aka Crowe) is flying in the stormraven, ready to get out and kick some ass beating the women and children in the backfield, or to challenge important characters of the opponent.

Stormraven is equipped to hunt down flyers and vehicles.

Psyflemen shall shoot the crap out of light armoured vehicles forcing the juicy freight to get out.

The Custodian terminators footslog across the field supported by the tanking grandmaster and the librarian. Three psycannons with prescience hopefully do some serious damage. And seven bodies should be resilient enough to weather some shooting. Grand strategy makes this unit scoring (+ two oter maybe)

The Custodians (aka purifiers) ride in their rhinos at full strength, or in combat squads depending on the mission.
Purifiers and paladins are scoring. Psyflemen too when I roll lucky or the mission is “Big guns never tire”

This list is exactly 2000 points.
What do you think?

Vash

Vash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,727 posts
Well I think you have 1 HQ to much. 2 HQ is the limit. But if your playing with two Force Organization Charts you are still missing 2 TROOPS.

Fluffvice I would play a Draigowing army for a Custodian army. Draigo (librarian if the points would allow it), Paladins and Dreadknights.

Enzephalon

Enzephalon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts
You have a point. I missed the need for two additional troop choices when using the second force organisation chart.
But I can easily skip the librarian. Concerning the Draigowing. I'm not a fan. I don't think I wouldn't like the playstyle and I need to differentiate between regular Custodians and the custodian terminators.

Vash

Vash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,727 posts

You have a point. I missed the need for two additional troop choices when using the second force organisation chart.
But I can easily skip the librarian. Concerning the Draigowing. I'm not a fan. I don't think I wouldn't like the playstyle and I need to differentiate between regular Custodians and the custodian terminators.

Thing is, I would in the case of a Custodian army say that the one you have on the picture are clad in "artificier armor" with a 5++ save for beeing blessed.
So I would go all out on terminators to "show" how tough the Custodians are. Doesnt need to be Draigowing. Can be a GM with 30 terminators and 2 Dreadknights/Dreadnoughts.

But then again, I dont know enough about the custodians and their wargear.