Komodo

Thanks to all lurkers that remain silent and those who comment. Here it is. In advance -- photos taken by mobile, so... pretty bad they are (I don't usually put all the responsibility on mouthless devices, but that thing is biiig, so some parts are out of focus, the lighting was not enough to catch everything). Ram is finished, no stand and base for now. Gonna fix it tomorrow. So here it is:

798382_486499101386393_1959540249_o.jpg

841319_486499068053063_309883930_o.jpg

Stop wasting vodka!!! ;)

Really cool Ram anyway; looks like the atmosphere it went through is brutal, maybe a bit more damage on the front to indicate movement through a corrosive cloud than just sitting in it like present.

Typing with left hand sucks, sorry, do you get what I mean?

S

The more I see the Caestus, the more I like it! I like the weathering, but second Stobz' point about more damage to the front ramps. The overall effect though is really good! If you are going to take some more photos could you put a couple of marines in the shot just to give a better impression of the size of the model?

:tu:

Maybe a bit more damage on the front to indicate movement through a corrosive cloud than just sitting in it like present.

Both shots don't show front very well, I'll do better pictures, front is pretty damaged and corroded. 

If you are going to take some more photos could you put a couple of marines in the shot just to give a better impression of the size of the model?

Sure. Will do.

However, the paint job looks really, really good. 

Good stuff. 

Thanks!

The Techmarines will be livid at the abuse this craft has seen.

Really cool Ram Sir!! That base is pretty epic too, it creates an awesome sence of space and almost tells a story (The one where the DA are landing hot in a combat zone and are going to punch some face!!!).

Nice; I'm glad I'm not the only one admiring your minis ;)

stobz

Thanks. There is actually a guardsman's flask and bullets as well as chaos marine head base detail piece from DV. I wanted to create a little piece of a warzone, a city that's been torn by war for months at least, and I'm pretty pleased that it was possible for you to catch that theme.

Very nice indeed. I love the weathering - this Ram has clearly been used across an entire (undoubtedly very long and stressful) campaign and is long overdue a refit!

Truly it looks gorgeous. :)

Gotta agree with whats already been said. Caestus looks really great, and you can tell lot of time has been put in to it. Personally i think that rust is a little heavy, while the actual battle damage seems light. Also having assembled a storm eagle i can only guess at how painful it was to assemble that thing.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Oh, I almost forgot that I promised to take a few shots with space marines as a comparison. Will do it.

Also having assembled a storm eagle i can only guess at how painful it was to assemble that thing.

Polythemus, indeed. It wasn't a complete disaster, but still quite a pain. I got rid of the initial resin warpage, but I wasn't able to get rid of it completely, it was warped at weird angles, and I saw them only after I painted the whole thing. Kit is nice overall, but plastic vehicle kits are the best though. I was thinking of getting myself a storm eagle too, but after your words I highly doubt I will do it in a short period of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Great looking caestus Komodo, but I do think the white decals are too clean, especially when the stripe of bone is so weathered.

+1

The decals stand out too much with the rest being excellently weathered.

Apart from that small detail - awesomesauce :thumbsup: