Back from the Mechanicon, IW win over-all

littlbitz

I don't think littlebitz will always be firing the Battle Cannon. So there will be chances so he can use the Havoc.

The Power Lances were fine when I was loading my Terminators up in their Land Raider and getting the charge, since I started deep striking them however, I rarely get the charge, and the AP4 is terrible.

They are on my list of changes for this list as soon as I get a chance. I do like the look, so I will keep the ones I made to be used in large Apoc type games.

So it wasn't that they were bad, it was that they are situational right? Seems like there's a lot of that with this Codex.

The Defiler, was a beast all weekend, and survived every game, again I believe because of the dynamic of my list. Though to be fair, in one game it took a lot of abuse, but between my Invulnerable save, the self repair and the Warpsmith he stayed up and running. With Daemonic Possession my opponents couldn't even stop the barrage. He fired every turn, of every game I played across 5 games. Didn't always hit, but was always pumping out S8, AP3 big pie plates of ouch.
Not trying to be a troll Kol_Saresk, I just think he might have missed the Ordinance-causes Snap Shot rule. The Havoc Launcher is literally 5pts wasted.

Ok, firstly I am aware of the rule.

2nd, I modelled it that way by mistake (I thought it looked cool and very Iron Warrior-ish), and haven't had time to fix it, I play strict wysiwyg, so I'm stuck with it for now.

3rd there are occasions (while maybe not at the tournament) that I do end up with a unit a bit too close to me to use the big ord, so I fire the Havoc and reaper and then charge. It is very situational, but occasionally happens.

4th, ok so there is no 4th...

@Kol, your are right, the Lances aren't so bad if you are using them as intended. They are good on a charge in the first round of combat. After that they are not so good. There does seem to be quite a bit in this Codex.

Ok, firstly I am aware of the rule.

2nd, I modelled it that way by mistake (I thought it looked cool and very Iron Warrior-ish), and haven't had time to fix it, I play strict wysiwyg, so I'm stuck with it for now.

3rd there are occasions (while maybe not at the tournament) that I do end up with a unit a bit too close to me to use the big ord, so I fire the Havoc and reaper and then charge. It is very situational, but occasionally happens.

4th, ok so there is no 4th...

I had assumed the Launcher was a back-up weapon, in case the Cannon became non-functional. Or, if you added another weapon from the vehicle upgrade, you'd have you more back-up and an additional weapon to be disabled on a random roll, making the Cannon less likely to be disabled. The Heavy Flamer seemed kind of useless if the Defiler is going to camp in the back next to the Warpsmith and shoot long range so it seemed like there was more potential to get to use the Launcher, even if rarely.

I have a store that is WYSIWYG here too, so I totally understand the I-have-that-because-the-model-has-that. In some ways it is a courtesy to the opponent too. I hate playing against people who have to spend five minutes telling you what their various figs really are carrying because most of the army is NOT WYSIWYG. You can never really keep track of it either when there are that many "changes."

Archived