Indices Partialus

Messor

Indicies Partialus

This a collection of semi-formalized concepts for Chapters that haven't yet evolved into full IA's, but for whom I would still like to paint a model or two, and so I felt worth sharing. Even though they won't immediately be developed, feedback is still quite welcome.

Contents:
Emerald Crests
Baal Pythons
Children of the Skull

Chapter Datafile: Emerald Crests (aka the Hikiri)

:HQ: Primary Data :HQ:
Founding 4th
Progenitor Legion Dark Angels
Known Descendants Emerald Scions [Lost]
Homeworld Delta-Nu Farore
Allegiance Loyalist

Notable History

A highly secretive Chapter, even for the Unforgiventhe Emerald Crests now keep to themselves because they have no other choice. Once a ceaselessly crusading Chapter, the system they call home in the Kiri subsector has become pockmarked by warp storms that make navigating in or out of the sub-sector nigh impossible, rendering the Chapter almost immobile, and largely forgotten. They maintain deep ties to their homeworld, where they are known by the natives as the Hikiri, or Men of the Star Forest. What Imperial contact has been made with them in recent years tells that they spend most of their efforts fortifying and defending the homeworld from the constant chaotic incursions caused by the seething warp in the region, and go to great lengths to keep the knowledge of this evil from the natives. Any admonishment or request to aid other sectors is denied with the repeated claims of the desperate need to protect an artifact on the homeworld. What this artifact might be is unknown. For millennia they have trusted only one marine at a time, always a Captain, with their hunt for the Fallen. Becoming mere legend on the Homeworld and in the Chapter, his name is ritually removed from Chapter records. The mandate of this lone warrior includes aiding any fellow Astartes in need throughout his quest, and the only other law by which he lives is that he never use his name again, and it is common for these chosen marines to refer to themselves as Links to the Kiri. Each piece of gear and armor, as well as his weapons are heirlooms of the Chapter, of origins unknown. Perhaps most important among these is the Servo-skull that records the deeds of every Link for the Librarium of the Crests. Known as Navigator, and suspected indeed to be housed in the skull of a great navigator, the Servo-skull is something of a guide and familiar to the lone avatar.

Icon and Colors

gallery_57008_7672_3092.jpg
gallery_57008_7672_62758.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Messor

Chapter Datafile: Baal Pythons

Founding 21st
Progenitor Legion Blood Angels
Known Descendants None
Homeworld Unknown
Allegiance Traitor

Notable History

Originally known by the name of the Blood Angels' homeworld, the time in the warp and destroyed records have corrupted the speech of the Baal Pythons, who identify themselves with a mispronunciation of their former name. Inquisitorial records of the Cursed Founding name the Pythons among the Chapters created, but from the date of their sanctioning until 198M41 the Chapter has no registered appeareances on any battlefield, nor submitted any tithes, but has been lost to all Imperial knowledge. Codiciers were hesitant to label the Chapter as destroyed when it was unclear whether or not a single marine was even created. Such is no longer the case. Having emerged from the warp transmitting dated imperial codes and bearing the heraldry recorded under their name, the Baal Pythons have returned. The fleet transmissions of the Pythons lasted less than an hour, and were heavily encrypted. To date only portions are understood which appear to implicate the Basilisks Chapter in heretical gene experimentation. The Pythons did not remain to be questioned, but fled again through the warp at the appearance of the first Imperial vessel. These encounters reapeated until the Pythons finally appeared to find what they were looking for: The Basilisks' fleet. An Imperial Navy patrol found the Pythons with a sizeable fleet engaging the Basilisks in ship to ship. When Navy forces called for a cease fire, the Pythons turned their guns on the Navy ships, destroying one as they fled again into the warp. Remains recovered from the battle reveal that the Pythons have been horrifically mutated, and they have since been declared Excommunicate Traitoris. What remains of the Chapter continues to harass the Basilisks while avoiding other sources of Imperial contact. They have begun to make sector wide transmissions once more, and though garbled by their broken language and persistent outdated codes, it appears they claim to know of corruption and impurity in the Basilisks Chapter, and are intent on revealing it. While most dismiss this as the lies and ravings of heretics and mutants, those Inquisitors already wary of the Basilisks have redoubled their efforts to uncover the truth.

Icon and Colors

gallery_57008_7672_30886.png
gallery_57008_7672_36856.jpg

Edited by Messor

• 3 weeks later...

Started working on the first Cameo model from the Partialus, a Link Marine!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/alienbastard89/Warhammer/photo2.jpg

gallery_57008_7698_1273746.jpg

All I'm really looking to add to him before I start painting is a nice, mostly unadorned shield to hang on his back as the Hero's Shield.

Edited by Messor

• 3 months later...

Chapter Datafile: Children of the Skull (Formerly the Emerald Scions)

Founding 6th
Progenitor Legion Dark Angels
Known Descendants None
Homeworld Unkown
Allegiance Lost

Notable History

Once a potent force in the Kiri sub-sector, the Emerald Scions have been lost to Imperial record, and even the most eidetic memories that had knowledge of them have begun to fade. After the birth of the warp sores that plague the sub-sector, but before the bulk of the Emerald Crests were trapped in those systems, a successor was chartered from them by way of Imperial Tarot, suggesting imminent peril. When the storms sprung to life not a century later, the Scions knew this was their destiny, and thrust themselves in to meet the inevitable tide of chaotic darkness. For decades after, isolated Emerald Scions fleet-craft were seen emerging from different warp storms throughout the region, only to be quickly lost again. Soon the regular appearances ceased. It is believed that what remains of the Emerald Scions now operate as the fleet of the Children of the Skull, a phantasmal flotilla of Astartes that appear similarly to the Legion of the Damned, in desperate situations. These are exclusively crises in the void, such as failing fleet engagements or boarding actions, or sometimes even on the rare occasion that a Navigator is overcome by warp energy, ships of the Children appear to guide loyalist fleets to safety. Distinguished by enormous and ornately formed black skulls that adorn their vessels, whatever Chapter markings that may have existed have long since been obliterated by time and war. Their power armor is what has led historians to connect them with the Emerald Scions, as the heraldry is nearly identical, though the ever helmeted eyes appear to glow with an unnatural light, and a strange and dark corona of energy clings to them like a thin veil.

Icon and Colors

Original Icon Unkown
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/alienbastard89/Warhammer/skullkid.jpg

• 1 month later...
Its more of the reverse, an entire Chapter warrants protecting the resource(s) of the Thunder Warriors. The question would by why or how long the Chapter is there. Will the High Lords be debating for centuries what to do with this relic? Could it be too much to risk upsetting the political balance of the Imperium? In the meantime, the Cryptguard seeks to extinguish any inquisitive(pun intended) flames that appear in the sector...I think that makes sense.

Emerald Crests

Sounds like a songbird species.

Homeworld Delta-Nu Farore

Sounds like a Latin jazz singer.

A highly secretive Chapter, even for the Unforgiventhe Emerald Crests now keep to themselves because they have no other choice. Once a ceaselessly crusading Chapter, the system they call home in the Kiri subsector has become pockmarked by warp storms that make navigating in or out of the sub-sector nigh impossible, rendering the Chapter almost immobile, and largely forgotten.

And why not detach some elements to go move outside?

For millennia they have trusted only one marine at a time, always a Captain, with their hunt for the Fallen. Becoming mere legend on the Homeworld and in the Chapter, his name is ritually removed from Chapter records. The mandate of this lone warrior includes aiding any fellow Astartes in need throughout his quest, and the only other law by which he lives is that he never use his name again, and it is common for these chosen marines to refer to themselves as Links to the Kiri. Each piece of gear and armor, as well as his weapons are heirlooms of the Chapter, of origins unknown. Perhaps most important among these is the Servo-skull that records the deeds of every Link for the Librarium of the Crests. Known as Navigator, and suspected indeed to be housed in the skull of a great navigator, the Servo-skull is something of a guide and familiar to the lone avatar.

Links... Navigators... I hate you, and you should hate yourself. Seriously, that's just terrible. How do you sleep at night?

A bit of subtlety is strongly recommended.

Originally known by the name of the Blood Angels' homeworld, the time in the warp and destroyed records have corrupted the speech of the Baal Pythons, who identify themselves with a mispronunciation of their former name.

Since it's routinely pronounced both Bale and Bahl, that's not really a clear guide on how their name is actually pronounced.

They have begun to make sector wide transmissions once more, and though garbled by their broken language and persistent outdated codes, it appears they claim to know of corruption and impurity in the Basilisks Chapter, and are intent on revealing it. While most dismiss this as the lies and ravings of heretics and mutants, those Inquisitors already wary of the Basilisks have redoubled their efforts to uncover the truth.

Chapters that exist just to be antagonists for other chapters are boring. These guys are no exception.

Cryptguard

Progenitor Legion Ravenguard

The guys whose geneseed is unstable it gets shored up with shipments from Mars? Really?

Created as a crusade force under the direction of the Imperial Tarot, the desitny of the Cryptguard was decided long before their creation. The consultation occupied the High Lords for months, and when they returned with their edict, it was handed down under the strictest conditions of secrecy. None were to know a shred of information about the Chapter; not even its trading cadre were briefed. A sealed data packet was sent to the Master of the Ravenguard, identifiying those of Corax's sons that would become the command structure of a new Chapter, but forbidding the new Chapter Master from giving the force a name, as it had been chosen, and was beneath another layer of encryption that could be unlocked once they arrived at their homeworld. In three days time the marines embarked towards a set of coordinates where they were meant to recieve the new Chapter's gene-seed supply. The ship they found was adrift in an empty sector, its crew reportedly having been in stasis for a year before then. The gene-seed withstood the suspicious screening that followed, and the captain of the vessel provided new coordinates: The Chapter's homeworld.

You like this plot device too much, and it doesn't work for reasons already described (not least, the High Lords probably don't know the names of all the brothers in the Raven Guard (note the spelling).

The servo skull enabled access to the rest of the Chapter's info, its mission, its fleet allotment, and its name, the Cryptguard.

First master names the chapter.

Also, this makes them sound like they're guarding a tomb world. That's boring as hell.

The mission assigned by Terra was simple: Prevent access to the sector by any force, Loyalist or otherwise. Recruits, building materials, and supplies would be supplied by Terra, and the Chapter was not to communicate with anyone except the High Lords, through prescribed means. The fledling Chapter did not wonder long what Crypt for which they were named, and built their fortress monastery over their secret, sacred charge: An entombed detatchment of ancient Thunder Warriors. Unkown to the Imperium at large, the Cryptguard protect a secret that if discovered could be as destructive as it was powerful.

You know what else takes care of THunder Warriors well? Nukes. Furthermore, why would they be off-Terra? And why reveal this? Mystery's more interesting.

Also also, why not just build the damn monastery on top of the crypt and have them act like a normal chapter? As I've told you before, hiding in plain sight is far more effective. Right now, they scream "come get the awesome thing!"

Emerald Scions

a successor was chartered from them by way of Imperial Tarot, suggesting imminent peril.

Have you tried creating a successor without using the Imperial Tarot? Seriously? :tongue.:

It is believed that what remains of the Emerald Scions now operate as the fleet of the Children of the Skull, a phantasmal flotilla of Astartes that appear similarly to the Legion of the Damned, in desperate situations.

The Legion of the Damned avoid being ridiculous only by being singular.

Icon and Colors

Icky, IMO.

Honestly, there's little of interest about these guys. If you want a space equivalent of the Legion of the Damned, do it with Imperial Navy. No one'd expect that.

Edited by Octavulg

Sounds like a Latin jazz singer.

Ha, that's oddly specific, it sounds like you have someone specific in mind.

And why not detach some elements to go move outside?

What makes it worth the risk when their world is under near perpetual siege?

Links... Navigators... I hate you, and you should hate yourself. Seriously, that's just terrible. How do you sleep at night?

A bit of subtlety is strongly recommended.

Well, like I mentioned in the last post, I'm thinking of changing that name, but really haven't found a suitable alternative. I don't really feel the need to change the Navigator, though. It's a perfect fit. And after the paint job is finished, how much room is left for subtlety? Its pretty blatant. Heh, I'll be sure to give you a heads up when I do the Buzz Lightyear marine, so you can flee or bludgeon me as you see fit.

Since it's routinely pronounced both Bale and Bahl, that's not really a clear guide on how their name is actually pronounced.

Are 'routinely' and 'correctly' interchangeable in this case? I always used to pronounce it Bahl, myself, until I came up with this and a little searching seemed to indicate Bale as the correct pronunciation. The Pythons use Bahl because its a play on words.

Chapters that exist just to be antagonists for other chapters are boring. These guys are no exception.

Okay. I don't know if these guys will ever see further development on my part, but considering how slow going the story writing has been, probably not.

The guys whose geneseed is unstable it gets shored up with shipments from Mars? Really?

Totally.

You like this plot device too much, and it doesn't work for reasons already described (not least, the High Lords probably don't know the names of all the brothers in the Raven Guard (note the spelling).

I agree. I was surprised when rereading these and I had used it twice. I actually tried to edit this one a few times yesterday, but each time it broke the table code. It'll be up there soon enough. I just like saying 'strategic prognostication'. An alternative might be discovery by an Explorator fleet which is then possibly silenced as a loose end. Only issue I had with that was involving too much outside knowledge of the Crypt.

First master names the chapter.

It's the cost of getting the chance to lead a RG successor. He doesn't know enough about his mission to name the Chapter.

Also, this makes them sound like they're guarding a tomb world. That's boring as hell.

That's exactly what they're doing. Prepare to be bored. Going back to that "Totally," I think that's something that helps their viability. If they're fortunate, they see less combat than most other Chapters, but if they do they have to be prepared for anything. The gene-seed already comes from Terra, so there's no reason for people to ask why they aren't recruiting like a normal Chapter/less suspicious heads turned their way. That's how I think about it at least.

You know what else takes care of Thunder Warriors well? Nukes. Furthermore, why would they be off-Terra? And why reveal this? Mystery's more interesting.

Also also, why not just build the damn monastery on top of the crypt and have them act like a normal chapter? As I've told you before, hiding in plain sight is far more effective. Right now, they scream "come get the awesome thing!"

Again, not living Thunder Warriors. A tomb tomb. The valuables are in technology. You think they're boring now, and if I just said "They're planted on a secret," that would be more interesting? I tried that with the Basilisks and got nowhere.

Also also, the Monastery IS on top of the crypt, always has been. They pretty much do act like a normal Chapter except for being in the middle of nowhere, for which they could have a million reasons. It might help to have a nearby enemy as a scapegoat for their presence, but then there's really no reason the enemy wouldn't have found the Crypt long ago.

Have you tried creating a successor without using the Imperial Tarot? Seriously? :tongue.:

Hahah, yeah, that's embarrassing. Strategic prognostication. I'm sure I can find another solution.

The Legion of the Damned avoid being ridiculous only by being singular.

Color these fellas ridiculous(Which, as you mentioned, they have been). I don't think anything is particularly singular in this galaxy. Even less so where the Warp is involved.

Icky, IMO.

Honestly, there's little of interest about these guys. If you want a space equivalent of the Legion of the Damned, do it with Imperial Navy. No one'd expect that.

I agree on the scheme, never liked it but as it's probably the last on my list of priorities, it could be a while before it gets any help.

It really does sound like it'd be interesting to do with the Navy, though does the Navy have fleets assigned to particular worlds? They still need to be connected to the Crests.

Ha, that's oddly specific, it sounds like you have someone specific in mind.

I really don't. :tongue.:

What makes it worth the risk when their world is under near perpetual siege?

The bit where they have responsibilities to the larger Imperium?

Well, like I mentioned in the last post, I'm thinking of changing that name, but really haven't found a suitable alternative. I don't really feel the need to change the Navigator, though. It's a perfect fit. And after the paint job is finished, how much room is left for subtlety? Its pretty blatant. Heh, I'll be sure to give you a heads up when I do the Buzz Lightyear marine, so you can flee or bludgeon me as you see fit.

Something Triforce related, perhaps? Or something Chain related, as a more subtle pun?

Are 'routinely' and 'correctly' interchangeable in this case? I always used to pronounce it Bahl, myself, until I came up with this and a little searching seemed to indicate Bale as the correct pronunciation. The Pythons use Bahl because its a play on words.

Correct is subjective. I'm pretty sure we don't know how it was pronounced at the time, so we're guessing.

I don't get Ball Pythons unless you're being all inappropriate.

It's the cost of getting the chance to lead a RG successor. He doesn't know enough about his mission to name the Chapter.

And why should that matter? Chapter Masters choose names and heraldry.

That's exactly what they're doing. Prepare to be bored.

Necron Tomb World.

Going back to that "Totally," I think that's something that helps their viability. If they're fortunate, they see less combat than most other Chapters, but if they do they have to be prepared for anything. The gene-seed already comes from Terra, so there's no reason for people to ask why they aren't recruiting like a normal Chapter/less suspicious heads turned their way. That's how I think about it at least.

You know what's even less suspicious? Just acting as a normal chapter.

Again, not living Thunder Warriors. A tomb tomb. The valuables are in technology. You think they're boring now, and if I just said "They're planted on a secret," that would be more interesting? I tried that with the Basilisks and got nowhere.

Why would that be off-Earth? The Thunder Warriors were on Earth. Earth is well-guarded, has lots of space, and probably already has other secrets. Or drop it into Jupiter.

And you give hints at the secret, so the reader is intrigued and tries to figure it out. Subtlety and all that.

Also also, the Monastery IS on top of the crypt, always has been. They pretty much do act like a normal Chapter except for being in the middle of nowhere, for which they could have a million reasons. It might help to have a nearby enemy as a scapegoat for their presence, but then there's really no reason the enemy wouldn't have found the Crypt long ago.

Then have them act normally. Patrol, etc. Right now the focus is on the secret. That's bad.

It really does sound like it'd be interesting to do with the Navy, though does the Navy have fleets assigned to particular worlds? They still need to be connected to the Crests.

Why?

And the Navy has fleets assigned to particular sectors. There MAY be subsector fleets, I can't remember. Losing a squadron would have the same effect, though.

Octavulg, on 02 Apr 2013 - 23:50, said:

The bit where they have responsibilities to the larger Imperium?

That's why I included the nameless artefact: They see their responsibility to the larger Imperium as keeping that out of enemy hands.

Something Triforce related, perhaps? Or something Chain related, as a more subtle pun?

Besides something triforce related seeming much more obvious(to me), the artefact they protect would be more analogous to the triforce. Maybe something similar to hero of time. Something chain related...could work. I can't think of anything really name sounding with it, though.

Correct is subjective. I'm pretty sure we don't know how it was pronounced at the time, so we're guessing.

I don't get Ball Pythons unless you're being all inappropriate.

What!? When did ball pythons become inappropriate?

Necron Tomb World.

Is that a suggestion or clarification?

Why would that be off-Earth? The Thunder Warriors were on Earth. Earth is well-guarded, has lots of space, and probably already has other secrets. Or drop it into Jupiter.

And you give hints at the secret, so the reader is intrigued and tries to figure it out. Subtlety and all that.

Worth a shot.

Then have them act normally. Patrol, etc. Right now the focus is on the secret. That's bad.

Right, that is how it was supposed to be, I just didn't give it enough space to makeit clear.

Why?

And the Navy has fleets assigned to particular sectors. There MAY be subsector fleets, I can't remember. Losing a squadron would have the same effect, though.

Well, I failed by both our standards if you didn't pick up that these are supposed to be Skull Children. They should be pretty decently tied with the other folks in green.

That's why I included the nameless artefact: They see their responsibility to the larger Imperium as keeping that out of enemy hands.

Eh. It just sounds kind of...lazy. On their part, that is.

Besides something triforce related seeming much more obvious(to me), the artefact they protect would be more analogous to the triforce. Maybe something similar to hero of time. Something chain related...could work. I can't think of anything really name sounding with it, though.

You've got a bunch of Marines in crests wandering around with :cussing Navi. I assure you, a Triforce reference would be downright subtle. Guardians of the Trinity would be the obvious one, but people'll think you're doing a Christian chapter. Though I kind of find the subversion hilarious. :tongue.:

If they're DA Successors...Angels Enfettered? Not my favorite, but it could work. Angels of the Chain? Eh. I don't like the 'chain' idea as much as I once did.

Is that a suggestion or clarification?

Clarification.

Worth a shot.

I do think "what the hell is this stuff doing out here" is still a real problem, though. This sort of stuff would make sense on Earth. It doesn't make sense elsewhere.

Well, I failed by both our standards if you didn't pick up that these are supposed to be Skull Children. They should be pretty decently tied with the other folks in green.

I haven't played much Zelda.

Octavulg, on 05 Apr 2013 - 20:49, said:

Eh. It just sounds kind of...lazy. On their part, that is.

Probably true. It's mostly that way to justify only making the ONE marine. Not particularly necessary, but convenient.

You've got a bunch of Marines in crests wandering around with :cussing Navi. I assure you, a Triforce reference would be downright subtle. Guardians of the Trinity would be the obvious one, but people'll think you're doing a Christian chapter. Though I kind of find the subversion hilarious. :tongue.:

If they're DA Successors...Angels Enfettered? Not my favorite, but it could work. Angels of the Chain? Eh. I don't like the 'chain' idea as much as I once did.

Are you still thinking of bird crests? No crests like that, it refers to their heraldry, which is, yes, very obvious. What about Angels UNfettered? The Chapter name isn't the obvious reference though, it's the one Marine.

I do think "what the hell is this stuff doing out here" is still a real problem, though. This sort of stuff would make sense on Earth. It doesn't make sense elsewhere.

I'll see if I can take care of that with the secrecy, but previously the idea was a sort of toss up between a find-the-primarch type scattering or the Emperor tucking them away for...science. It wasn't until soddinnutter posted that I found out the Thunder Warriors were confined to earth, so that does blow a hole in their fluff.

I haven't played much Zelda.

Ah. Well, if you haven't already discovered, the Skull Children live(or did live) in the forest surrounding Link's old home. They're among the few who can navigate the forest(warp storms/rifts) to safety(others disappear, sometimes thought to become Skull Children themselves).

Probably true. It's mostly that way to justify only making the ONE marine. Not particularly necessary, but convenient.

Why bother at all? You could just have a Deathwatch guy. Or a random unexplained Marine (possibly a Fallen).

Are you still thinking of bird crests? No crests like that, it refers to their heraldry, which is, yes, very obvious. What about Angels UNfettered? The Chapter name isn't the obvious reference though, it's the one Marine.

I think I meant "emerald", not "crests". I'm rather tired these days.

Angels unfettered would seem to avoid the "Link" connection and also seems to suggest they don't care about the Fallen any more. It could work, if the Link is the sole connection to their Fallen-hunting duty.

I'll see if I can take care of that with the secrecy, but previously the idea was a sort of toss up between a find-the-primarch type scattering or the Emperor tucking them away for...science. It wasn't until soddinnutter posted that I found out the Thunder Warriors were confined to earth, so that does blow a hole in their fluff.

Dude. Do your research before you build IAs around things. :tongue.:

Ah. Well, if you haven't already discovered, the Skull Children live(or did live) in the forest surrounding Link's old home. They're among the few who can navigate the forest(warp storms/rifts) to safety(others disappear, sometimes thought to become Skull Children themselves).

Eh. Better as an unexplained phenomenon, or a lost actual part of the chapter. Perhaps they're thought to be the spirits of previous Links?

The Baal Pythons are very interesting and i was considering writing about them, but then you sealed their fate with the mutated and traitor effect. damnit

As for the Cyrptguard tho, they are certainly open to the imagination and i am interested in writing about them.

Edited by The Lord Marshal

Totally feasible, since the Cursed Founding has no idea what happened to them between founding date and reappearing to cause trouble.

• 6 years later...

Brothers, with the initiation of the Astartes Swap Challenge, I find myself struggling to decide on a force to participate with. So I figured I'd open the floor to suggestions based on some of the ideas I'm working with right now. I'm leaning towards one of the following:

:HQ: Bronze Besouros/Coleioptera Aerarius :HQ:

Founding12thProgenitor LegionSalamandersKnown DescendantsNoneHomeworldLagoasAllegianceLoyalist

The two core concepts this chapter is themed around are a Quixotic madness and an armored insect aethetic. Beetles, basically.

The developments that are already in play include:

-melanchromic flaw: they absorb radiation, often causing brain damage and sclerotization(self-tanning, strengthened, leathery skin)

-sowing confusion as a weapon

-glory seeking as a central ideal

-frequent lofty promises to allies and dramatic challenges to rivals and enemies that have a 50/50 chance of simply being forgotten before they're fulfilled

-serfs may accompany marines everywhere, possibly as part of recruitment trials

Icon and Colors

bronzebugtest3

bronzebugtest2

This is an older concept, but one that still makes me smile. The colors are just as old, and I think would need some particular workshopping before anyone else could in good conscience be asked to paint them, but I definitely think it would look better in a proper dark bronze than the flat colors available in the painter.

:HQ: Champions Eternal :HQ:

FoundingUltimaProgenitor LegionUnknown?Known DescendantsNoneHomeworldLucidimonsAllegianceLoyalist

Already alluded to in the Depthwatch IA, there's nothing really flowery to the concept of the Champions; they're basically just a Shazam crossover chapter. That furnishes the colors and emblems off the bat, and they would feature appropriately themed traits and genetic...characteristics. So far the development includes a name for a Fortress Monastery, a loose concept about recruiting from among orphans, similarly to the Schola Progenium, and a notion for heavily Librarium-based combat doctrine.

Icon and Colors

aadR6ap.jpg

As mentioned, they pretty much come with heraldry built in, but there's probably still room to grow in that department, too. Still working on the Primaris version, since they are Ultima founding.

:HQ: Aspero Astra/Lawbringers :HQ:

FoundingUndeterminedProgenitor LegionUndeterminedKnown DescendantsNoneHomeworldUndeterminedAllegianceLoyalist

This is still one of the loosest concepts I'm working on, but it's basically cowboy/wild-west themed gunline-heavy chapter. Since they're a new concept for me, I don't have much detail to give, but they definitely have lots of room to grow and a lot of inspiration to draw from. I've so far come to think of them as a shooty counterpart to the Space Wolves. I have had the impression thus far that the Primaris troops are heavily shooty, so they could be an Ultima founding chapter as well, but it's still in the air.

Icon and Colors

4DtKNEm.jpgs9F3ppH.jpg

Some possible foundations for the scheme, the first a pretty basic leather brown with lots of silver accents, and the second based on John Wayne's costume from The Searchers.

:HQ: Marble Knights :HQ:

Founding21stProgenitor LegionUndeterminedKnown DescendantsNoneHomeworldUndeterminedAllegianceLoyalist

Also a fairly recent concept, this chapter just has the most basic premise right now; an event (probably post-founding, but maybe simply forgotten) tainted their gene-seed, mutating several of their organs, causing them to exude a poisonous miasma with their breath and making them unable to breathe oxygen.

Icon and Colors

As the name suggests, their armor would have a marble appearance, which might be a :censored:  to paint. Or really fun.

So what would you be most interested to see?

I'd say either the Cowboys or the Beetles win this one, to be honest.

Even with so little detail on the Marble Knights, they're still a better pick than the 'Shazam Chapter'.

To clarify; there's unsubtle, and then there's painfully unsubtle. The Champions Eternal are firmly in the latter category, and would benefit greatly from mixing in other influences as well.

Decisions, decisions...…. so many choices....:unsure.: :wacko.:  Here's my take...…

Bronze Besouros….. Senile, lizard marines:laugh.: :thumbsup: I like it. You could make a great 40K sitcom out of this (really). But, heavily mutated marines has been done before..... I give you GW's Black Dragons..... how very silly this is. Your  leathery mutants are much much better than spiky dragon marines.

Lawbringers…… Oh yeah......very, very cool:yes: :thumbsup: But, that's been done too. There's a Frater who developed this as a DIY chapter several years ago (I'll have to dig down deep to find this one) and it was very fine indeed.

Last but certainly not least..... Champions Eternal...… Billy Batson, Captain Marvel (that was his name before DC sold the name to Marvel)….. shazam, SHAZAM, SHAZAM........ Ooooooh Yeeaah:thumbsup::thumbsup:   Now we're talkin Chapter Swap stuff. Over-the-top you say??? YOUBETCHAIT'SOVERTHETOP!! But if anyone can pull a cool chapter out of this it's my man, Messor.  You certainly did it with the Depthwatch and they are most certainly over the top inspired. In fact, since the Champions Eternal are the foil to the Depthwatch it's only logical that you develop these guys.

Just to further twist your arm, if you choose Champions Eternal for the swap, I give you my personal pledge and oath to submit my own comic book hero based chapter in next year's Swap (all my hobby kit is in storage until next year). So what doyahsay??? ...... I say, SHAZAM:biggrin.: 

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

Well now that I know how much both Lunkhead and Ace are going to love this, I only have one choice. Gotta start with the Champions :wink:

Just promise me it'll be possible to make someone from the Chapter who isn't a joke character.

While we're on the subject of jokes, here are a few joke chapter ideas you might want to consider in case you have second thoughts.

1. Crusading, Teutonic space nights
  2. Marauding space Vikings
  3. Motorcycle ridding space Mongols
  4. Blood thirsting berserker space vampires

​How's that for some zany ideas for Space Marine chapters:laugh.: Already been done you say? How did they turn out:wink: I don't know of a single Space Marine chapter that wasn't conceived without tongue firmly planted in cheek. It's all in the imagination and the writing. The Champions Eternal are in good hands with Messor:yes: